• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screw you 3M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Name brand?

I cant say the name unfortunatley just yet, its a big company though that makes it and its not anything from overseas. The normal price is sold at what Oracal sells it at but since talking to them about whats going on they are allowing me to go out with this price to gain some market share. It was really made for the latex units but will work great on all platforms.

HulkSmash

Gino,
I'm not paying a couple grand and taking 4 days off work to get their below average training program and test to only fail because they already have several certifications out in our zip code. I know how 3M is. They want to be elite and seem elite, so no matter how good someone is, if your area is too populated with 3m cert. installers, you won't get your cert. No thanks.

Also I rather be a trash truck driver then wrap at $1.00 a SF. If you think i'm wrapping a Ford econoline for 250 bucks, you can think again.

Also they talk about how they only use their certified printers. I know for a fact that original wraps (3M) prints the largest bulk of their prints. Everything else is outsourced to Lowen, when they can't keep up with production and they proceed to print with NON oem inks, and they don't use lamination.. but liquid lamination.. and on top of that masked graphics. I rather slam my face against concrete floor than wrap unlaminated masked graphics. Not to mention that LOWEN directly defies their rules for certified original wraps 3M printing.

Oh i forgot. a Large percent of the dealers use their mechanics to install the graphics, and pocket the install money.

ProColorGraphics

I will know in the next few days how many samples I can get and I will get with you for sure.

I am interested in this as well. Along with the other samples you mentioned that you would send to me! Any idea on when I could get those? I would like to use the credit I have with you.

CheapVehicleWrap

"Oh i forgot. a Large percent of the dealers use their mechanics to install the graphics, and pocket the install money."

That there is downright cheap. Ingredient for definate failure. Most mechanics can't even fix cars correctly. But I say let the mechanics have at it. 3M has probably not failed at much, but my guess is when they do; they like doing it really well.

JoshLoring

Now back to the 3M drama..
Adam, where's the Facebook post? :) I'm ready to start posting and tagging massive innocent people.

ironchef

Hey bigfish. What profiles you have available for that special? What are the specs? Like, low tack? High? Etc... thanks

The question should be is 3M really taking any market share from you? Or are you just jumping on the bandwagon? Could you really compete with the volume if needed from the target market they are going after.

I for one have no issue with them and this is nothing new they have been double dipping for years as many mfg. companies in this industry do the same. If you think for a minute any media supplier does not have there hand in the pocket of production of graphics you are very naive they all have there partners and fully profit from print production above and beyond just being a vendor. Trust me....

However many have also profited greatly by offering 3M as a product line and since there medias are no substitution specs for many markets in Transit and Fleet production.

We will continue to support any and all 3M products. This situation has no effect on our business model nor would give me any reason to look at it as a negative. We have been partners with 3M for over 15 years and they have been nothing but super helpful in our growth as a company.

I do understand how many would not see this favorable but it is nothing new. You just need to embrace whats going on and look out for your companies best interest. It is not going to change anytime soon.

I do respect that for sure.... Just thought I would point out another perspective to this.

parrott

The question should be is 3M really taking any market share from you? Or are you just jumping on the bandwagon? Could you really compete with the volume if needed from the target market they are going after.

I for one have no issue with them and this is nothing new they have been double dipping for years as many mfg. companies in this industry do the same. If you think for a minute any media supplier does not have there hand in the pocket of production of graphics you are very naive they all have there partners and fully profit from print production above and beyond just being a vendor. Trust me....

However many have also profited greatly by offering 3M as a product line and since there medias are no substitution specs for many markets in Transit and Fleet production.

We will continue to support any and all 3M products. This situation has no effect on our business model nor would give me any reason to look at it as a negative. We have been partners with 3M for over 15 years and they have been nothing but super helpful in our growth as a company.

I do understand how many would not see this favorable but it is nothing new. You just need to embrace whats going on and look out for your companies best interest. It is not going to change anytime soon.

I do respect that for sure.... Just thought I would point out another perspective to this.

Very well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.