• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screw you 3M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CES020

How about a billboard next to the dealer telling them why they need to call Colorado for their wraps instead of using the dealer.

A couple of well done billboards in the right places might drive a lot of work away from them and into your shop. Highlight the differences and the abilities you have that they won't get if they get it from the dealer.

JoshLoring

The 3M reps are in full force today.. They must have been told to get out there and market!
Oh well.. Here's where the card ended up. Take that .001$ in the garbage!

Attachments

• image-1404937479.jpg
    image-1404937479.jpg
    428.4 KB · Views: 69

Scott Reynolds

The 3M reps are in full force today.. They must have been told to get out there and market!

I still say when they walk in the shop, say "oh, your from Original Wraps? Get out." If the reps start reporting back that they're getting kicked out of shops left and right, someone behind the curtain in Oz might start getting the point.

BALLPARK

I have no idea on the vast pricing plans they have for the vehicles using 3M OW...

If they are low-balling them and offering long term financing with a lease, then it will be hard to compete. It does not matter if the client even had the option to use an outside source for the prints and/or install. Game over... If you cannot beat the price, you will not keep most fleet work projects for sure. Then toss in the mental mirage that it is being done by the dealership, so it must be a perfect fit for clean installs, questions about how to maintain the wrap, and issues that arise from vinyl failure. It just would be too much to keep any large fleet account.

But if the price is something that you can work around... Then you could always approach your banker. Let them finance the wrap and offer it to your clients as a long term loan that corresponds with the vehicle payments. Getting something is better than getting nothing, if fleet work is your primary source of income.

Then the dealerships would see that is it better to work with a local sign company than it is to go through the hassles (based on the pics submitted by Colorado) of a pissed off client that buys $30k-$65K vehicles. Dealerships will not stand for this program for long, if the quality of installs are average. They are in the business of selling expensive vehicles for big profits. If they think they will lose business over a wrap and hurt their future vehicle sales that will be the end of this program for many dealerships.

Hit them where it hurts... Their program is not full proof! There are lenders out there that are willing to loan for wraps. Anyone still today could create an online website that includes graphic renderings for design concepts. Then use a network of installers for the installs. Even if your company is not large enough to handle the printing, there is plenty of companies that can be used as a network of printers that are the same make and model.

You could approach each dealership with a promotional campaign on the process. Pull in another supplier like Oracal with special pricing to compete with 3M OW. I still think the Oracal and others should be creating a new marketing campaign for 2013 in what could turn the market share in their favor in future years. They have all the ammo they need to get the message out and all they really need to do is lower their initial pricing for their media for the long term returns from increased volumes of sales.

How funny would it be to see an Ad from Oracal similar to the ones below? lol...

"Buy from us, we are not your competitor and supplier!"

"You could buy from 3M, but that is like buying from your competitor down the street."

"We will sell you wrap media and not steal your clients"

"We want your business, not your client's business!"

"Trust us... we're not 3M!"

...lol.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Sorry Josh, not buying something where the supplier can't even tell me what the namebrand is.

Lol look I totally understand what your saying but unfortunatley this is specially made for one client in our industry that I get to cherry pick from and some of the products I get access to I cant legally say in a public forum because I cant risk getting in trouble for it. My business depends on my reputation of supplying products that work well and I would highly reccomend trying it out to see how well it works for you. If not though I totally understand.

JoshLoring

just got pricing from my rep on oracal 3751 and 290. blows 3m's pricing out of the water.

Told everyone this forever ago!

Hey.. Note to everyone.
Please ease up on the 3751. It's my baby and I hard a hard time ordering today! Lol it's all gone.

Note to Fellers.. Please stock more 3751 bundles in Ontario.

HulkSmash

Lol look I totally understand what your saying but unfortunatley this is specially made for one client in our industry that I get to cherry pick from and some of the products I get access to I cant legally say in a public forum because I cant risk getting in trouble for it. My business depends on my reputation of supplying products that work well and I would highly reccomend trying it out to see how well it works for you. If not though I totally understand.

You know you can't expect me to buy something i know nothing about, right?

mudmedia

I think fellers and other supplies have a lot more "flexibility" with Oracal as far as pricing goes. To be honest Oracal seems to be a really cool company and their support was awesome when I called em.

3M is gonna regret ever buying out Original Wraps and competeting with shops that bought their product

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
You know you can't expect me to buy something i know nothing about, right?

Just let me know what you need to know (lol besides the name brand)

Its a 2 Mil Cast Vinyl with Air Release made for full wraps and the laminate is also a 2 Mil Cast. They are 7 year vinyls with grey adhesive.

Status
Not open for further replies.