• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screw you 3M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BALLPARK

Just let me know what you need to know (lol besides the name brand)

Its a 2 Mil Cast Vinyl with Air Release made for full wraps and the laminate is also a 2 Mil Cast. They are 7 year vinyls with grey adhesive.

Did it fall off the back of a 3M truck? lol...

CheapVehicleWrap

3M calendared di-noc was for automotive/outdoor use.. until 1080 cast was released then all of a sudden di-noc was not recommended for automotive/outdoor use. Recently there was a butt load of di-noc on ebay. Fail.

ProWraps

$799 is a great price. but the problem is, what is it? and the REAL problem is who stands behind it.

for all i know it could be fellers lamex and whatever their cast wrap film is. even with fellers standing behind it, i wouldnt buy it. no reputable shop is going to use an off brand yet to remain nameless, no support vinyl on their wraps. again i said no REPUTABLE shop is going to do it.

keep in mind im not trying to knock you by any means. its just the truth.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I've kept out of this for now as well. 3M has been pitching this program for some time. As of yet, that I KNOW of, it has not directly taken any of our clients but I know the time will come as well. We also do a LOT of wraps and OOH work where 3M is very often specified. That being said our clients do take our suggestions well and I've even assisted many places (read, big government) in writing the specifications where they have to bid large projects out to make sure all bidders are quoting the same materials.

I do like Oracal material very much, even my own personal truck is wrapped in 970RA matte black. But we go through tons of 180CV3.... so my situation is that if a client specs it, I will still certainly use it but for nonspecified I may have to start pushing for Oracal. As far as unknown no name stuff, no can do, as much as I'd like to I will not be able to stake my companies reputation on something I know nothing about. Private label, maybe as long as I can confirm 100% what it really is. Just over a year ago, I caved and gave Avery 1005 a go. Fail. Pain in the butt falling off while we are trying to install it and just 1 year later on removal it left about 30% of the adhesive.

Thats the other bugger, we very often are removing the very wraps we installed anywhere from 1 to 4 years later. With 3M I know what to expect there for the most part. I've found with other materials, depending on the material of course, removal can easily be double the work. I'm sure with some different techniques such as heat might alleviate some of that.

Like most here though, the idea that a distributor or manufacturer is competing with me does not sit well. At all. They have an unfair price advantage for one. Plus there are already the big fleet printers like Lowen, Motorsports, Harbor, etc, hat many shops on here have not even had the pleasure of attempting to compete with. Its an excersize in futility but those in the know already know they are trying to compete against an unfair price advantage that goes far beyond discounts related to economies of scale and bulk purchasing.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
$799 is a great price. but the problem is, what is it? and the REAL problem is who stands behind it.

for all i know it could be fellers lamex and whatever their cast wrap film is. even with fellers standing behind it, i wouldnt buy it. no reputable shop is going to use an off brand yet to remain nameless, no support vinyl on their wraps. again i said no REPUTABLE shop is going to do it.

keep in mind im not trying to knock you by any means. its just the truth.

Oh man I know your not knocking me, its all good I for sure understand. Did you get my PM?

mnapuran

Told everyone this forever ago!

Hey.. Note to everyone.
Please ease up on the 3751. It's my baby and I hard a hard time ordering today! Lol it's all gone.

Note to Fellers.. Please stock more 3751 bundles in Ontario.

+1.... took me 1 day to get my last combo kit instead of same day :thumb:

HulkSmash

Hey Jason from 3M.

Let's cut the crap. Let's start with this: "Automotive OEM’s have set stringent requirements to participate in their personalization program. 3M is able to meet their requirements with the following criteria:"
- Are you saying that your company had nothing to do with their "Stringent requirements" for the installers? I can tell you right now, i saw what was installed on MY clients vehicles.. not impressed to say the least. But please do everyone a favor, and stop being naive, you set those standards - not the dealerships...

Next: "3M Original Wraps is directly involved in program coordination only. "
You're still trying to sing that song? You're not competing. You're taking us for a fool, that in itself is plain disrespectful. You Print, and Distribute the graphics, Then you find a company who has paid you money to be certified into your program. Lies, Lies Lies.

If you would please do me the respect of answering a few questions all of us are extremely eager to know.

Please answer these best to knowledge and honestly as possible:

1. Does Original Wraps (a 3M Company) Print?

2. When you choose which companies are worthy of this list, who decides how much those installers are going to charge?

3. When the wrap you print fails (oops answered question 1 for you) Who is responsible for the warranty? Who decides that?

4. If you're not my competition , why are you stealing my customers..And why are you underbidding everything i do? Please I'd like to know. Why are you giving my customers no choice when they BLATANTLY ask for us to do the printing and install?

5. Why does Avery and Oracle Reps stop in regularly from out of state to say hi and check in on me. Yet i spend close to 10's of thousands of dollars some months on 3M, and i haven't seen a rep in 3 years, not to mention.. 3M has a LOCAL rep.. he doesn't have to travel anywhere.

Until your greedy company starts losing money by not selling rolls to the average wrap and sign shops.. then I'm guessing you'll start listening. What happens when The supply companies realize what's going on, and the money they're losing out on because of your direct distribution. You offer your product cheaper then we can. How is that fair.

Last question.

Are you our direct competitor? If not please explain why. Also explain the part where you don't print, and if it's not you, please tell me how you distribute the printing around to companies.

The sheer fact you take us for ignorant fools who has no idea of what's going on is ignorant in itself.

-We Print The wraps
-We distribute the Wraps.

-You Print
-You distribute the wraps.

There you have it 3M vs the Average Wrap shop.

Competition.

Bumping this until i get an answer. Let's hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.