• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screw you 3M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HulkSmash

Bill let me help you understand my issue with all this.

If you want to deny printing that's fine. We know you use your endorsed installers. Whatever.

You are selling the product. You collect the money. You are the competition.

I bid for a job, Original wraps bids for a job. in the end you win because you can afford to charge less. You are competition.

This is not preschool, this is simple logic. For you to tell me it's not competition is beyond absurd.

mopar691

Not to push the envelope but there is alot of members here and most of the large graphic print shops here in the us are active on this site from the best of my knowledge.

Yet not one member here knows of anyone who does or is authorized to do the printing for OW in their graphic manufacture network, Is there a gag order in place or just by some chance have the selected shops just not been here?

Since this started this has really been the one thing that gets me. But he did mention the Automotive OEM Program so going against ISO standards and a QC monitoring and recording standard in place. Makes me think the rolls are just shipped to the local union large format house and run thru with no prior knowledge of the product or its end use using the cheapest inks available.

Warranty replacement for those who complain about image problems in 2 years will be fine cause at the cost to print on their own material at them volumes easier just to reprint than waste time on phone.

HulkSmash

I'm also curious why i can't talk to you? Why are you sending someone else? Am i like, not worthy? Seriously -- what's the deal.

tomence

I knew there would be lies coming from 3M, they can't even give you a straight simple answer, about their pricing structure, QC, who controls who, or where this graphics are printed etc etc.

3M Graphics

Merchant Member
Not to push the envelope but there is alot of members here and most of the large graphic print shops here in the us are active on this site from the best of my knowledge.

Yet not one member here knows of anyone who does or is authorized to do the printing for OW in their graphic manufacture network, Is there a gag order in place or just by some chance have the selected shops just not been here?

There are multiple graphic manufacturers that are part of our current OW network. As the program evolves we're hoping to expand as I mentioned in my earlier post.

When one of the current OW network participants did post about the benefits of the program on the thread "3M Selling Wraps?" he was criticized by numerous members of the community. The current GMs are not broadcasting their involvement so it's not surprising you are not hearing much from them.

I am heading out of the office for today, I will back tomorrow.

HulkSmash

There are multiple graphic manufacturers that are part of our current OW network. As the program evolves we're hoping to expand as I mentioned in my earlier post.

When one of the current OW network participants did post about the benefits of the program on the thread "3M Selling Wraps?" he was criticized by numerous members of the community. The current GMs are not broadcasting their involvement so it's not surprising you are not hearing much from them.

Funny. That guy who posted in that thread wasn't even certified through you. I guess some people enjoy installing a full van wrap for under 400 bucks.

enjoy.

CheapVehicleWrap

Thanks, ColoradoSigns -- that's what I'm here for.

I'll have a knowledgeable person contact you within a day.

I rekon Adam should be prepared for a lot of knowledge dropped on him shortly. Not that he's not used to it.

I'd be curious to hear 3m's view on the suppport group from you rather than second hand as well.

CheapVehicleWrap

Yes there is...I know a couple of them in town that do work for OW.. Its sad.

When you drive by don't you just feel like giving them a dollar... yet? Same guys who will be begging you for that dollar shortly. If you have time some day, drop in and ask if they will shine your shoes.

mopar691

I did follow the other thread and I did see mentions of installers (as that info is listed on the OW site anyway, but not any of the printers (the information many of us here are looking for)). I will go back and re-read and do stand corrected if I overlooked this.

ProColorGraphics

Is it just me, or does it seem like 3M digs themselves a bigger hole every time they post on here?

What's also funny is that everyone that has switched to Oracal has liked it better!

CheapVehicleWrap

Is it just me, or does it seem like 3M digs themselves a bigger hole every time they post on here?

What's also funny is that everyone that has switched to Oracal has liked it better!

In fact at this very moment it wouldn't suprise me if they're planing on taking over the whole hole wholesaling industry.

ironchef

Funny thing... grimco has 3m for sale as happy Friday online special. I guess we are having an impact. Keep it up people

rjssigns

I wonder how many, if any of the posters in this thread will be offered a 3M Preferred/Certified Installer deal?
See where I'm going with this?
I think they approached Adam IIRC, but that seemed to be the end of it.

deegrafix

Funny thing... grimco has 3m for sale as happy Friday online special. I guess we are having an impact. Keep it up people

When I told Tubelite, they matched Grimco's price. Nice savings today with 4 rolls ordered!

CheapVehicleWrap

As I hear tell... 3m is. planning some major positive changes for the original wraps program. Drastic changes that may just shut down the 3m recovery group and allow many more of us to profit and work within thier program.

Status
Not open for further replies.