• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screw you 3M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

splizaat

...this keeps getting even better!!!! So we installed the 42 seperate pieces of vinyl on the vehicle yesterday, turned in the paperwork to 3M this morning for billing and we get this reponse from 3M ***drum roll please***

"You didn't install the unit numbers"

Apparently vinyl pieces #43, 44 and 45 were forgotten by the printer! The vehicle number! OHHHHHH, my mistake - Now who's going to pay us for another 30 minute drive each way and another 20 minutes of work because your printer forgot the missing pieces?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fly your printer out here to fix it -- WE DID OUR JOB!

jkdbjj

...this keeps getting even better!!!! So we installed the 42 seperate pieces of vinyl on the vehicle yesterday, turned in the paperwork to 3m this morning for billing and we get this reponse from 3m ***drum roll please***

"you didn't install the unit numbers"

apparently vinyl pieces #43, 44 and 45 were forgotten by the printer! The vehicle number! Ohhhhhh, my mistake - now who's going to pay us for another 30 minute drive each way and another 20 minutes of work because your printer forgot the missing pieces?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fly your printer out here to fix it -- we did our job!

medium_dumbfounded.jpg

oopsface.jpg

CheapVehicleWrap

...this keeps getting even better!!!! So we installed the 42 seperate pieces of vinyl on the vehicle yesterday, turned in the paperwork to 3M this morning for billing and we get this reponse from 3M ***drum roll please***

Apparently vinyl pieces #43, 44 and 45 were forgotten by the printer! The vehicle number! OHHHHHH, my mistake - Now who's going to pay us for another 30 minute drive each way and another 20 minutes of work because your printer forgot the missing pieces?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fly your printer out here to fix it -- WE DID OUR JOB!

So you're saying you won't be receiving your check by Valentine's day after all?

Border

Seems there should have been some standard agreed upon about how the graphics were going to be produced for installation.

Would love to see some photos of that job and how the graphics were supplied.

can you say clusterfunk???

HulkSmash

not surprised.

ThinkRight

Here ya go.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBTpjkPiVyg

splizaat

3M was PROMPT to respond to our message on here (KUDOS!)...BILL private
messaged us yesterday and had the area manager from Original Wraps call
us. After phone calls and and research on Original Wraps' part, we came to
the conclusion that this was never an Original Wraps job!

This job appeared as an original wraps job where we recieve vehicle mockups, quote it via
phone and a box arrives with printed graphics - Nissan Van is sitting at
the dealership waiting for the install.

The Original Wraps rep called us immediately after we messaged Bill back
on here with our contact info, and dug in. The vehicle serial number isn't
even in their system, they have no registered vender with the name of the
company who contracted us for the install etc. They didn't even have a
wrap job setup with a Nissan van at that dealership....they essentially
have no idea what we're talking about.

THIS WAS NOT A 3M ORIGINAL WRAPS JOB from the beginning! 3M was very very
helpful getting to the bottom of this!

...and with that said, I am SORRY 3M for throwing you under the bus - we
had no effing idea! I have no problem admitting that! And the response from our above post about our "3M rep"
responding was not 3M at all...it was the other shop who contracted this out to us.

Last edited:

CheapVehicleWrap

So all this did was crank the views up on this thread another 1k in the last 30 hours? And other shops are scamming even more shops in search of cheap originalwraps labor using 3m's good name?

Last edited:

HulkSmash

3M was PROMPT to respond to our message on here (KUDOS!)...BILL private
messaged us yesterday and had the area manager from Original Wraps call
us. After phone calls and and research on Original Wraps' part, we came to
the conclusion that this was never an Original Wraps job!

This job appeared as an original wraps job where we recieve vehicle mockups, quote it via
phone and a box arrives with printed graphics - Nissan Van is sitting at
the dealership waiting for the install.

The Original Wraps rep called us immediately after we messaged Bill back
on here with our contact info, and dug in. The vehicle serial number isn't
even in their system, they have no registered vender with the name of the
company who contracted us for the install etc. They didn't even have a
wrap job setup with a Nissan van at that dealership....they essentially
have no idea what we're talking about.

THIS WAS NOT A 3M ORIGINAL WRAPS JOB from the beginning! 3M was very very
helpful getting to the bottom of this!

...and with that said, I am SORRY 3M for throwing you under the bus - we
had no effing idea! I have no problem admitting that! And the response from our above post about our "3M rep"
responding was not 3M at all...it was the other shop who contracted this out to us.

hmm......

mopar691

So If someone drives a van to your shop and ships you graphics you will just install it and not worry about who it is actually for?? How could you not know this was or was not a OW job?

I am so confused. All seems weird to me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.