• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Screw you 3M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HulkSmash

I understand the theory that 3M is double dipping and using there massive corporate power to do so.

I agree with smaller shops boycotting their products because of this.

But, the sentiment that they are stealing your customers has to stop. They have a business model that tries to use their massive resources to capture the market - This is by no means stealing...

Um, 3M goes to my customer, offers them something i can't... pretty much says they have no choice but to use them... Call it what you want, i can care less

HulkSmash

call it what you wish, its just bad business
my best customer is a screen printing label maker. He gets most of his business from the web, I could easily do this and undersell him. But I wont and that is why he is loyal.
It is the same reason I stay away from Avery since they put DIY sign kits in every office supply store across the country. I just switched to 3m from Oracal on my wraps and am very happy. But this thread make me think of changing again.

This is a pretty good example. We do a lot of local wholesale work. I would never.. i mean Never.. even think about contacting their customers, and say i can do it cheaper... absurd.

Fuzzbuster

Wonder if the customer said he`s NOT taking the lease with the leasing company?????
would it have made a difference....He IS the customer after all...???

who`s now responsible for the shady work ????

Leasing company?
3M?
Customer stuck with this now ????

what a mess

I predicted this 16 months ago...
including the price setting by 3M......

It WILL eventually catch up.......

HulkSmash

Wonder if the customer said he`s NOT taking the lease with the leasing company?????
would it have made a difference....He IS the customer after all...???

who`s now responsible for the shady work ????

Leasing company?
3M?
Customer stuck with this now ????

what a mess

I predicted this 16 months ago...
including the price setting by 3M......

It WILL eventually catch up.......

well, 3M is making sure they take no heat from any install or manufacturing mistakes.

K Chez

I'm sick of the $100+ per year price increases on 680CR. $1450 for a 30X50yd roll of reflective? Are you F'in kidding?
Somebody (not Avery) PLEASE make an air release reflective and end this monolopy!

HulkSmash

I'm sick of the $100+ per year price increases on 680CR. $1450 for a 30X50yd roll of reflective? Are you F'in kidding?
Somebody (not Avery) PLEASE make an air release reflective and end this monolopy!

3M are proud of their yearly increases. I wonder if they give it to original wraps.
oh yeah, they don't pay for vinyl. WELP

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
:omg:

Attachments

• 3M_disappoint.jpg
    3M_disappoint.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 77

datoshway

About a year ago, we switched from all 3m to Arlon and haven't looked back since. Their stuff is much less costly and acts quite similar.

mudmedia

I do not know if anyone pays attention to the stock market but 3M has been taking a huge hit...I am not the one to say its by the vinyl impact or not but I bet it has something to do with it!

Gene@mpls

So... I would like to send this thread to my suppliers. Perhaps one more
way to hold feet to the fire? I see it is in the open forum- and if you do a
google search for ' Screw you 3M signs101' it takes you to this thread with-
out signing up. I will suggest they read at least the first few pages for back
ground and then p22 post 636, Colorado's nice summation.
Full disclosure: we do not use 3M wide format films- but 90% Gerber/3M
cut films.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I do not know if anyone pays attention to the stock market but 3M has been taking a huge hit...I am not the one to say its by the vinyl impact or not but I bet it has something to do with it!

please explain huge hit.... they are trending up????

Status
Not open for further replies.