• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

shop room/work table finished

IGD

My 4X8 with a a glass top. Straight Edges Hung on sides. Lots of room underneath for prints or rolls.
Application Tape Dispenser made out of threaded rod, wood blocks and two c-clamps

And yes, it is also often too small, but I'm 6'3" so it's nice to have a work surface that is at a custom height.
nice job looks nice with the glass top

Hicalibersigns

I built 3 5'X10' on 4x4 legs. This allowed me to attach locking casters so the tables could be easily moved around. I highly recommend a set of locking casters.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
get a 55" x 96" table, to allow for larger rolls. Also, make sure that sucker is flat, because nothing peeves me more than a slight bow in a table when you're cutting with a straight edge. Also get a cutting mat.

I'd put it against a wall.

JTBoh

My 4X8 with a a glass top. Straight Edges Hung on sides. Lots of room underneath for prints or rolls.
Application Tape Dispenser made out of threaded rod, wood blocks and two c-clamps

And yes, it is also often too small, but I'm 6'3" so it's nice to have a work surface that is at a custom height.

Looks nice... doesn't it rape your blades though?

IGD

get a 55" x 96" table, to allow for larger rolls. Also, make sure that sucker is flat, because nothing peeves me more than a slight bow in a table when you're cutting with a straight edge. Also get a cutting mat.

I'd put it against a wall.
I have a cutting matt to completely cover it

JTBoh

yea I know, hopefully Ill eventually get there. not to get off topic, do you go business to business? Is that considered soliciting?

Best way to get around no soliciting signs (do it all the time)

Walk in, then pretend to notice the sign on the door (open it back up, glance, ect.). Tell them that you have a specialty in making No Soliciting signs - tell them you can deck them out in LEDs, blingy shiny stuff, and make sure noone misses them.

After they laugh or smile, hand em your card.

Usually gets a good laugh, and they won't boot you out on your ***. Much higher chance of passing off that card/flyer. Gotta have some general people skills though.

Speedsterbeast

Looks nice... doesn't it rape your blades though?

Not sure the comparison to other surfaces, but I may spend about $40 in blades a year. I can cut several passes before breaking off for a new one.

As another poster offered- Must not be any bows in the surface. Hence the brances at the halfway mark. Also have wood shims underneath the MDF to ensure a level-as-possible surface

Bigdee

Just about to have a work bench built myself. What's a good height for someone 6ft tall? I was thinking 36" in height.

copythat

Hey Speedster

What type of glass is it, I would like to order one instead of cutting mat.

TIA