• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Should I Dare Ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
The horizontal layout is better! I still feel there is a lot of wasted space. On most posts which are 1-2 lines, the actual post is less than 10% of the content taking up page space. not sure if anything can be done about it, but this is one of my issues.

I 100% agree and will get it fixed.

Bly

I like the increase in speed.
One thing that bothers me is the drop down menus at the top cover the sub menus underneath if your cursor strays too close.
On a side note. Heavy handed moderation is less likely to make me take up paid membership, not more.

SignosaurusRex

Dare I ask why the profile page side bar option to see who the last 10 or so visitors to ones own profile page can't or won't be added? It was available and a handy tool in the old vB. I understand it's not one of the XF standard features but is an available add-on.

Johnny Best

The nitpickers showed up again.
nitpickers.jpg

well, I answered one of my own questions as I clicked home and the drop down menu has the recent posts with the pages option. seems like that should be the default

Wait....what? This is what I'm seeing (see image below)

There was a tab on the home page at the bottom of the list of threads that said "View most recent threads" or something along those lines. Where did that disappear to? I can't seem to access that anymore and perhaps I don't understand what Marlene has mentioned because my drop down doesn't show recent posts aside from "New unread posts" which does me no good. What am I missing here?

Temp.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-27_14-33-44.png
    upload_2017-2-27_14-33-44.png
    244.9 KB · Views: 146

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Instead of me hitting the website i've been reading these fourms on tapatalk. i do like you made another layout with the profile pics on the left. i also like IPBoard... i used to run fourms back in the day and IPB was my choice

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
On a side note. Heavy handed moderation is less likely to make me take up paid membership, not more.

Heavy handed moderation? I think I'm missing something here.... what heavy handed moderation, you mean the posts I deleted because they don't comply with the rules.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Wait....what? This is what I'm seeing (see image below)

There was a tab on the home page at the bottom of the list of threads that said "View most recent threads" or something along those lines. Where did that disappear to? I can't seem to access that anymore and perhaps I don't understand what Marlene has mentioned because my drop down doesn't show recent posts aside from "New unread posts" which does me no good. What am I missing here?

View attachment 127326

Has to be added back into this skin.

equippaint

If I wasn't afraid of being banned for having a counter opinion Id say its not the best layout and posts take up too much space like others have said. This is the second thread youve had for suggestions and you shut the first one down TWICE, the last time in a sort of tizzy. You and whoever were making the changes took any suggestion against your vision of this forum and chastised people that were merely participating in a thread that you started. I understand you cant appease everyone but youre not going to get a bunch of feedback from the infrequent users (like me although im posting this) when you as the owner have already created a hostile environment. So at this point, alot of the feedback wont be near as constructive as it would have been before if you didnt take that negative stance towards your customers. No one is telling you how to run your business either and from all I have seen here lately this attitude makes me (and am sure others) not very apt to participate much. I even see the trolls being upset now. My suggestion to make the forum better: take it on the chin sometimes, it doesnt hurt much and in the long run makes your business stronger.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
If I wasn't afraid of being banned for having a counter opinion Id say its not the best layout and posts take up too much space like others have said. This is the second thread youve had for suggestions and you shut the first one down TWICE, the last time in a sort of tizzy. You and whoever were making the changes took any suggestion against your vision of this forum and chastised people that were merely participating in a thread that you started. I understand you cant appease everyone but youre not going to get a bunch of feedback from the infrequent users (like me although im posting this) when you as the owner have already created a hostile environment. So at this point, alot of the feedback wont be near as constructive as it would have been before if you didnt take that negative stance towards your customers. No one is telling you how to run your business either and from all I have seen here lately this attitude makes me (and am sure others) not very apt to participate much. I even see the trolls being upset now. My suggestion to make the forum better: take it on the chin sometimes, it doesnt hurt much and in the long run makes your business stronger.

On second thought I'm not going to take the BAIT......

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I just like happy endings.

So, we're all in agreement, other than a few aesthetic tweaks of the place, it's far better, far more transparent, people are closer than ever, membership is up and most of all, we have an administration who is spending a sh!toad of money and time giving us what we ask for.

:thankyou:.......... :u rock:

ikarasu

Been a busy day, so first time back. I like the horizontal layout also. May I suggest instead of the blocks being 3 up, 2 down, it just be 5 across? That would free up a few inches of space in each post, if you also lowered the size of peoples profile pictures.

You could also take the thumbs up./down/checkmark/etc buttons, and place them between quote and report. Free up another inch or so. Them are the only things I see that are "Wasting space". I don't believe they are a waste of space, I just think the addon developers built them without considering screen real estate. Of course my suggestions might make everything more crowded/bloated, and worst than the current layout...

An awesome MSpaint that shows an example. It doesnt look like much, but when you multiply it by xx threads on a page, it is quite a bit!

Attachments

• mspainted.png
    mspainted.png
    137.4 KB · Views: 158

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Oh I don't agree....very little if any is factually true and IMO the post was meant to take a jab at myself.

" changes took any suggestion against your vision of this forum and chastised people" UNTRUE = Bait

" If wasn't afraid of being banned for having a counter opinion " UNTRUE = Bait

" when you as the owner have already created a hostile environment" UNTRUE = Bait

"No one is telling you how to run your business either" clearly did not read any posts" UNTRUE = Bait

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
Been a busy day, so first time back. I like the horizontal layout also. May I suggest instead of the blocks being 3 up, 2 down, it just be 5 across? That would free up a few inches of space in each post, if you also lowered the size of peoples profile pictures.

You could also take the thumbs up./down/checkmark/etc buttons, and place them between quote and report. Free up another inch or so. Them are the only things I see that are "Wasting space". I don't believe they are a waste of space, I just think the addon developers built them without considering screen real estate. Of course my suggestions might make everything more crowded/bloated, and worst than the current layout...

An awesome MSpaint that shows an example. It doesnt look like much, but when you multiply it by xx threads on a page, it is quite a bit!

I agree let me see what I can do. One thing is that the site is responsive, unlink the VB site this site can be viewed on a mobile device, so I think some of the space is what is needed for it to work properly.

ikarasu

No way to load a mobile theme for mobile users, and a more compact theme for Desktop users? I do like xeno much better than VB, and agree it was a much needed change. Everyone just needs to get used to it a bit more. Even if it stays the way it is now... it's still a welcome upgrade. I like being able to login and view all unread posts since the last time I logged off... And being able to click read all, when I'm not interested in the rest... then when I login randomly throughout the day, I can see all the new posts instead of taking an educated guess. Took me awhile to get used to it being that way, but I've grown to love it... just like I expect most others to do. Just takes time! Overall I think the changes are great.

Status
Not open for further replies.