• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Should I Dare Ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Signs101Admin

Owner
Staff member
So how about that Trump....... :) that topic sure to cause some hurt feelings... and stray any thread topic way of coarse.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Maybe edit the header - "should I dare to answer". I thought Mike's post was on topic. But what do I know, I am just one of the faceless user statistics.

As to the question to stay on topic
New layout is ok - Old layout was ok.
The packaging is normally not the most important part of a product like this but I assume the newer framework is much better on the back end as far as keeping stuff up to date and secure.

wayne k
guam usa

Are there any trophies for removal of posts? I think that was my first.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Talk about drifting. Don't let the higher ups know about this, or your post(s) will be deleted.

So, what was this thread about anyway ?? Too far back to look at this point.

ikarasu

So how about that Trump....... :) that topic sure to cause some hurt feelings... and stray any thread topic way of coarse.
Let's talk Trump. So you guys actually think he's doing a good job? Actually believe the media is lying? I don't personally know any Trump supports to ask... But I've always wondered their views on it.

Trump does, IMO, a lot of bat-shit crazy stuff. But I believe he's a smart man - and everything he does has a purpose... Mainly misdirection.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
I had a look at the 2 themes. The [NEW] one is my preferred one. I'm sure i'll get use to the new layout, I'm just a VB fan as that's where most of the forums i use are on. And everything is basically an excel layout which i find easy to navigate.
I still don't understand why everything is so big on my screen.

I use 3 devices.
Macbook pro 13" non retina.
Dell XPS 13 QHD display
iPad air2

This website is pretty much the same across both laptops, and it's similar on my ipad.
Compared to VB, everything is smaller on my XPS because of the QHD. I can see 20 threads on my screen which is what i like when searching or browsing. I see about half of that on my MBP.
I get about 10 on the XPS on this site.

What i'm noticing now is the padding left and right of the screen. IMO wasted space for a forum.
If i was doing the layout, keeping what there is now, this is what i'd change:

The username box on the left ( [NEW] layout ) :
- the icons with the likes, trophies ect. Make them smaller, more simple and basic. they look like buttons but have no real functionality. Only links are the text. Remove the boxes/padding, that would save so much space.

The Icons on the right of the post:
- Move the like, dislike ect on the same line as the Quote, multi quote ect.

That done together will bring down the height of the text boxes with 1 line replies, therefore able to see more on the screen as 80% of replies are 1-2 lines.
This way you might even be able to see 3-4 replies on a screen.

These are just suggestions, Only trying to help.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
No more deleting let the inmates run the prison..... ;)

Your choice of metaphor is revealing. And rather off putting..

Let's talk Trump. So you guys actually think he's doing a good job?

Not speaking for 'you guys' , just moi, but yes. Far better than his dubious predecessor.

Actually believe the media is lying?

Sometimes. False news unfortunately abounds. Reportage dealing with things that never actually occurred, most often things reported to have been said but weren't. More often it's biased reporting. If you doubt this, examine most any mainstream article about the current administration. Count the adjectives and adverbs. Adjectives and adverbs are sometimes unavoidable but should not be used in a good news story. In general, every time you see an adjective or adverb in a story it's a safe assumption is that the writer is exhibiting its prejudices.

Trump does, IMO, a lot of bat-**** crazy stuff.

Like what? Remember, if you should respond, that your verb is 'does', not 'says'.

ikarasu

Your choice of metaphor is revealing. And rather off putting..

Not speaking for 'you guys' , just moi, but yes. Far better than his dubious predecessor.

Sometimes. False news unfortunately abounds. Reportage dealing with things that never actually occurred, most often things reported to have been said but weren't. More often it's biased reporting. If you doubt this, examine most any mainstream article about the current administration. Count the adjectives and adverbs. Adjectives and adverbs are sometimes unavoidable but should not be used in a good news story. In general, every time you see an adjective or adverb in a story it's a safe assumption is that the writer is exhibiting its prejudices.

Like what? Remember, if you should respond, that your verb is 'does', not 'says'.

Well, strictly speaking on what he's "done" so far.

He did an executive order on a travel ban. Which while some may agree with keeping refugees / certain people out of the country, it also applied to people who already had green cards. He's had a lot of Nexus cards revoked from people of certain countries / backgrounds.... People who have already had extensive background checks, and deemed safe done on them.

He's Alienated Mexico by trying to force them to build a wall and pay for it. Alienated China by ignoring the one china policy. Alienated Australia... And a lot more countries. He's a business man, not a politician... IMO, America needs a president that is both. Bill clinton was awesome at both. Bush was kind of an idiot, to be put nicely. Obama... not to found of him either.

I'm not saying he's the WORST president, but a lot of stuff he has done is pretty... "Crazy". But I am from a different country, and while Canada/America are "generally" the same, there are a lot of differences / values. I mean, don't get me wrong. If I owned a huge golf course, and realized whenever I vacationed there, the secret service would have to pay hundreds of thousands to my golf course to protect me, I'd probably do it too... But most people expect more from the President, which is why generally you're not supposed to be able to profit from the presidency...

Now this is just the stuff I've seen for myself, either through his tweets, or other non biased sources that have evidence. If you get into all the rumors / other stuff the media is "lying about" (I do believe some of it is made up.But hey,if you call all the news fake, of course they're going to be a bit biased), it feels like I walked down the production line, grabbed the guy at the end, and named him the new CEO of the company.

I do know a lot of it is sensationalized. The whole "who knew health care would be so complicated" bit, that the news is trying to make it look like he's an idiot. It's a saying... He didn't mean it like he seriously thought it was going to be easy. The press is just turning it against him. So... don't think I'm just drinking the koolaid and believing everything I read. It's just some of the stuff that he's done/said, I've never expected a president to do/say.

That being said, I never followed how Obama, or bush, or clinton was during their first few months. Maybe it's a learning curve, maybe it's just a refreshing change for some. I hope he has a great 4, and maybe 8 years ahead of him, and "Makes America great again!". One thing I do know, I wanted him to win over Hilary... And it's easy to say He's worst than her now that we've seen how he is, but you never know. At least he's blunt and straight out says what he means, she'd probably do everything sneakily, and we'd just never know about all the ludicrous stuff she did.

That off topic enough for you, Paul?! ;)

Silvertip

Silvertip Graphics Signs & Designs, Inc.
If you hold you mouse icon over your username in the upper right than click on "your content" there you will find all your posts.

I'm sorry that my comment bothered you, may I stop by your business and tell you how to run it one day? Of course you have taken out of context....

Status
Not open for further replies.