• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sign I did today

Joe Diaz

I really dont care what you think

all that matters i got payed the customer likes it if you dont like it i dont really care oh well lol.

Maybe you should care what other sign professionals think. I personally would trust the opinions of other people in your industry over the guy making 98 dishes from the same 5 ingredients. :Big Laugh

Besides not all customers are going to have bad taste and if you fill your portfolio with designs that were dictated by folks that may be great at making a taco, but don't design signs for a living, you are going to be locked into doing that type of work.

Just my 2 cents

Marlene

Hey women are the same in 1965 as they are today. Not a bad thing but, come on.

we've have had to work extra hard to get the same respect for our knowledge in the sign biz as men. for a lot of years, I had to hear stuff like "is your dad or husband here so I can talk about what I want for a sign" "is there a man I can can talk to" "we are going to talk about the construction of the sign so is there a guy who handles this I can talk to". the sign biz was a man's world when I started out and I think there might be some of that still going on. it may seem funny to a guy to bring up the stereotypical woman thing, but it just feels like being put back in your place to me. as far as woman being the same as 1965 wrong. when I was in high school I was the first girl in the industry arts department. I did machical drawing and then went on to architectural design. in my senoir year I place third in the state for my design. my teacher told me to find something else to do as a woman, the best I could hope in the field would be to file or maybe do re-draws. that would not happen in a school today so no, we aren't the same:thread

ironchef

My momma told me if i got nothing nice to say then dont say it at all, thats why ill shut up when it comes to sign-works, bill good layout man, as for mountainmang and david wright, wtf!?!?!

fmg

Some of the most talented women in the sign business
Are right here on this website!

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes you got to pay to play!

If the sign was done on brand new acrylic...then he could add this to his portfolio....When someone says..show me some signs you created........he could be proud and say Did you see the sign at Chile Verde Mexican restaurant?

I made that sign.

If he sends someone to look at that sign with bad acrylic He will lose the job.

I would enjoy Mexican food for 3 times the cost of the acrylic. hehehehe

You have that also..... a little backwards.

If he was to use new acrylic as you suggested, he still would've had that same layout going on it and it still wouldn't be useable in a portfolio. :rolleyes:

I've had many people come to us for signs and I told them about many signs I wasn't proud of, and told them not to consider the layout if the customer had provided it..... or someone cheaped out and used old crap over.

I've even sent customers to look at competition's signs to compare ours to theirs..... or if we didn't have one in their vicinity to look at.

I don't think I'd ever donate a few hundred dollars to a cheap customer to get some free meals. That's just silly business. Again, that kinda sh!t don't pay the taxes you just entered in the books, it doesn't put food on the table and it doesn't put gasoline in your tank. Why waste YOUR money and pre-pay for so many meals, no matter how much you like beans and rice ??
Today is today and you get paid today. You could be dead in a week and would never collect your meals........ :covereyes:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Ya know what, instead of ruining this thread with a woman debate, why don't y'all start a thread of your own and butcher your own thread ??

Marlene

I said I was a thread pirate. when you just let things slide is how things continue on as everyone thinks it's OK. watch an old movie and see how many times you cringe. it is because people said no that isn't OK in the moment and it finally stuck. sorry Gino, but not going to start a new thread, only going to say no when I hear it in the moment. now I've got some work to do in the kitchen..see how bad that sounds? plus there isn't much more we can say about the piece of crap the poor OP posted so we just as well talk about something else. hows the weather out your way? read any good books?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Naw, but I saw two birds flying with frozen wings this morning and then I saw a yellow mailbox and some rivers purple over into the perplexity of simplexity of the inner Shores of Tripoli. My wife just called and said the washer is making a funny noise, so she's gonna call it a day and go look for a starfish with a missing point.

I told her good luck with the point, but I'll come right home and beat the rest of the clothes on a rock and send them down the creek with a paddle to come back up for the rinse cycle.

Other than that, I haven't seen anything interesting...... oh yeah, I had an egg sandwich and it was a chicken's egg. Hope I don't wake up tomorrow caccadoodling at 5am...... :Sleeping:

Is it 5 somewhere so I can start drinking ?? :Oops:​

Marlene

cute John...I don't think I can drink away the image of that horrid looking signs, poor OP, he must so sad that he's gone off to eat at El Crap Ole and will never post another sign again thanks to the likes of me...:wink:

phototec

I think most of your are making to much of this, and looking at the OP's finished product as a negative, I like to think of it's potential positive side.

I collect photos of bad signs, both bad designs and bad installations to show clients what to expect if they go with the low bidders out there. This Mexican food sign is going in my folder of bad signs and will have a positive use from now on, it shows what you can expect when re-using the old face with ghosted images, and designs with poor readability and contrast.

This is a win-win-win, the client got what he wanted, the OP got paid, and I get a example for my bad sign portfolio...

:thankyou:

Marco

Make me a sign!

With so many women as business owners now, are you women in this sign industry getting their business?