• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SignCraft Pricing Guide...Accurate?

TimToad

Well, when I call around next week if everyone is $6-$8 then I'll be at $5.99... no reason now to be way under market... but if market is $4 then I have no issue with it. BTW, banners represent about 1% of my yearly sales.

I tend to price larger jobs right in the middle most of the time. Based on feedback I get, sometimes I'm way high, sometimes way low.. but I like to be right in the middle. I think it's harder for people to shop larger order that require site visits (vs calling around for banner pricing) so I tend to price those higher and rely on my portfolio, reviews, turn-around time and charm to win those.

I stopped doing small order yard signs and magnetics because I had a high price on them. I hated the way people would sound disgusted when I told them my price on them and felt better just telling them we don't do those orders.

You might want to call around for the types of work you do the most of also to test whether or not you're in line with most other equally qualified and equipped shops.

Johnny Best

To be perfectly honest on this post. Texas has a pretty good handle on the price thing. He has his overhead down and can make a profit and compete with almost everyone. He did complain about the large shops getting jobs because of their size, but over time he will get that work through his determination and hard work.
He has dropped the small stuff because he can afford not to deal with the bottom feeders. Keeping his costs down and hustling every day will work out for him. He's a perfect fit in today's sign business with the availability of outsourcing and computers and software. He just has to use his blinkers and side mirrors when changing lanes.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
I just signal and slowly drift over where I wana go... Most people move out of the way if they think I don't see them there.;)

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Follow Up:

I called around and got prices.. A large sign company and a franchise here were $6 and $5.35/sq. ft. A local sign guy that's been in business for 700 years (who some of you just adore for his articles and designs) was by far the lowest at $4.35 s.ft.

I'm going to raise my price to $5.25 sq. ft.

Johnny Best

As I stated in post #42, Texas is on top of this price thing. He took the average of the three prices he received.
Who is the local 700 year old being. He was in business before Chris Columbus discovered America.

Last edited:

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Another Update:

Just sold a couple of 4x8's at my new pricing. Thank you to the Signs101 community for making me see the light and repent the error of my ways. With the extra $$ I made, I'll offer to buy Gino AND Johnny some salmon kaboobs next time they are in Cow Town.

Mastermatt87

We sell our 13oz banners $4sqft.

We actually don’t even sell very many my competitors down the street sell for
$6sqft with terrible quality and stay busy.

Mississippi, man what can you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TimToad

We sell our 13oz banners $4sqft.

We actually don’t even sell very many my competitors down the street sell for
$6sqft with terrible quality and stay busy.

Mississippi, man what can you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We're all going to have outliers on singular or local examples in our lives, but the important thing is trying to get what the work's full value is and not sell yourself short.

What can you do, even in Mississippi? You can accentuate your better quality, service and design if thats the case. The folks down the street must be working harder at that part of it if they can sell the same thing for 30% more than you.

Russell Ricks

I've seen as low $65 all the way up to $225 with a two hour minimum.

We use a 1 hour minimum and it decreases after that. It will change accordingly using one man or two.

As for the pricing guide...... it's just a guide. I never found it to be accurate by any means. I think it's just a buncha people guessing or projecting, just like the people on this forum.