• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

So...I want to start a yard sign business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Admins tend to frown on stepping on your 'Freedom of Speech' rights. They don't lock things down just because of bashing or lousy opinions. It's usually when they turn into a name calling slugfest or serve no purpose in helping anyone at all.

Oh..... yeah, it's kinda doing that, huh ??

Here's the good part. Notice the OP hasn't been back once ??​

njshorts

Admins tend to frown on stepping on your 'Freedom of Speech' rights. They don't lock things down just because of bashing or lousy opinions. It's usually when they turn into a name calling slugfest or serve no purpose in helping anyone at all.

i have a feeling...

attachment.php

Attachments

• thisthread.jpg
    thisthread.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 137

SignaramaFL

Ya... just a bit. and ya I noticed that too...

Marlene

Notice the OP hasn't been back once ??

oh, I had fogotten that guy...maybe he is off to Walmart to buy that CirCut...no wait, that advice is only good if you live in Vermont, my bad...

OldPaint

marlene, in florida we call em WALLY WORLD, and CirCut, you didnt have that southern drawl when you typed it!!!!hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahha and remember i used to live in AROOSTOOK COUNTY MAINE, so i know how you new england yankees are!!!!hehehehehehehe

vwnut

WOW.....I understand being upset, but really I don't think he meant to insult anyone? I have been self employed for 6 years before that was managing a company. I did some sign work for a friend years ago and really enjoyed it. I Have a Insurance Agency now and do a lot of commercial/ag insurance I like doing hands on work and I miss that a lot in my business so since I already had the contacts,I started having my wife help me doing signs for clients, I am not looking for it to be my main source of income and completely respect those of you that work that hard! I just wondered if all this badgering was necessary? You have a great forum here. Thanks Eric

Gino

Premium Subscriber
WOW.....I understand being upset, but really I don't think he meant to insult anyone? I have been self employed for 6 years before that was managing a company. I did some sign work for a friend years ago and really enjoyed it. I Have a Insurance Agency now and do a lot of commercial/ag insurance I like doing hands on work and I miss that a lot in my business so since I already had the contacts,I started having my wife help me doing signs for clients, I am not looking for it to be my main source of income and completely respect those of you that work that hard! I just wondered if all this badgering was necessary? You have a great forum here. Thanks Eric

Yes, very much so. However, you cannot take part in it until you've gone through the first and second courses of how to piss off and insult your fellow members with dignity and proper etiquette. One can find these sections in the No Holds Barred section. Once a member there... and you learn all the rules there, you may participate after... and only IF, the membership votes and decides if you may indeed partake in the shunning and hazing.

See ya on the other side....................... :Welcome:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer

The badgering stopped after about the 10th post... the rest of the posts are a critique of the first 10 posts.

iSign

oh-ohhhh... did someone just admit to being a dreaded (and marginally illegitimate) "dabbler" ? :omg:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
oh-ohhhh... did someone just admit to being a dreaded (and marginally illegitimate) "dabbler" ? :omg:

Yeah, big time, but I figured everyone is letting everything slide lately.... why bother pointing it out ??

Have any tar or such ?? Maybe Redz has some brewing............. :rolleyes:

Tony Q's Kidd

This thread a typical example of how unprofessional some of you professionals are...Rather sad!

its kinda offensive when someone resorts to making signs because they think its easy. sounding proffesional or not isnt the case here. besides if you didnt like the responses no one said you had to continue reading them am i right? but your opinion is valid and thanx for posting it.

now for the kid who posted this thread

my advice is find another hobby. signs is an art form not a backup plan. you need to get a real job kid. if you have no real knowledge of experience or any previous interest in signs then please find something else. its a rough bizz and not for the faint of heart. i advise against it. sorry if it sounds mean but you ruffled a lot of feathers in this coop

dant

You guys are hard. At least this kid is trying to do something other then hanging around on the corner and smoking crack. The entrepreneurial spirit has to start somewhere. So what if he spends a few hundred dollars and looses it at the very least he will walk away a little smarter. Here this kid is reaching out to you guys for help to do something positive and he gets bashed for it. What ever happened to encouraging our youth?

Bradster941

If you all are done, then I'm putting the lock on this.

:corndog:

Status
Not open for further replies.