• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Soljet XF

threeputt

What's interesting? They don't show anything of the printer's capabilities at all?

Strictly a teaser video....without the tease. Yep, nothing there to get you interested. Don't care for a red machine in the work environment either.

By the way, we are Roland here. And will be in the market to upgrade.

BryStick

I'm not exactly a fan of teaser videos for equipment either, but...

Freezing the video frames, it appears to have 7 or 8 ink cartridges on the top left like the Versacam models. Looks like there are more than 11 pinch rollers spaced very close together. Sublimation printer like the FP-740 perhaps?

FrankW

I'm with Roland as a supporter since more than 15 years, and I would suggest to don't have to much expectations: Roland ist more conservative than innovative, it will be just another Eco-Solvent-Printer.

Alpha Star

What does the "Sol" in Soljet mean? Doesn't it stand for solvent? And there's no door on the front of the machine? Maybe there's no print carriage. What if it's a horizontal head? Like a memjet?

splizaat

Eco=Economic (not eco-friendly)
Sol=Solvent.

I think that red is badass :) I hope you guys are as picky with your print quality as you are with Roland's new release...

BALLPARK

The XR is the new XC for the most part. Better inks, bit faster, and bigger prints.

I would say the XF will be the new XJ series. No cutter and used as a printer only.

It should have the new inks used in the XR. I would think it will be in the low to mid 20's for the entry level 54" version. It would be nice if they would make them larger than the XJ 74" model.

If they offer a 54" - 120" that would be awesome. I never liked the print quality of the AJ-1000 prints.

Looking forward to this printer...

Robert M

Red

Artbot that was great
I also think the red covers are ugly.
Maybe Epson is letting Roland use their new 10 channel print heads now being offered in the Sure Color printers. I wonder what would happen to Roland if Epson woke up one day and said "no more print heads for you"

artbot

whatever evil epson can get away with, they will do.

how about a sign printer with blue and red ink? all those channels are just waiting for a proper sign friendly ink set.

Baz

they painted it red to remind their customers of the one color that the printer can't hit.

That's the one main reason i don't think i will upgrade to a new Roland. I don't like HP and not convinced about Mutoh either. That leaves .... Mimaki.

nate

That's the one main reason i don't think i will upgrade to a new Roland. I don't like HP and not convinced about Mutoh either. That leaves .... Mimaki.

You do know that Roland, Mutoh and Mimaki share the same ink and heads from Epson, right?

Baz

You do know that Roland, Mutoh and Mimaki share the same ink and heads from Epson, right?

Yes i do ... So please explain to me why i see such a difference in reds from shops who have one printer versus another. I know rips and profiles will be the main factor. But from what i know ... Others were using Flexi's RIP with their Mimakis and i am using the same RIP but with a Roland. Big big difference.