• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Some memes I created

Johnny Best

That it bred an entire generation of overly nationalistic, homophobes who grew up thinking their religion was superior to others, that atheists and agnostics were inferior and that it sheltered more than its share of pedophiles in its leadership?

I was a scout but I am not nationalistic, I rarely vote unless my wife forces me to, not a homophobe, and am not into practicing religion and could care less what someone believes in, even when they knock at my front door and want me to find the love of Jesus, am polite and listen to what they have to say. I was in scouts because all my friends were, and my parents felt the same way some of you on here do about me and they would send me 3 to 4 weeks to boy scout camp every summer, hence the merit badges and Eagle Scout status. And loved to see Norman Rockwell illustrations in Boy's Life mag.
But, I do believe in keeping myself physically strong, mentally awake, and not pushing my philosophies and politics on someone. We are just here for a short period of time, enjoy yourself.
And like I said if someone transgender or girl want to be in scouts, great. I would have begged for an extra week of camp.

equippaint

What good lessons should we derive from the scouting experience that most had? That it bred an entire generation of overly nationalistic, homophobes who grew up thinking their religion was superior to others, that atheists and agnostics were inferior and that it sheltered more than its share of pedophiles in its leadership?

I'm thinking we need to embrace the philosophies about truth, honesty, modesty, and unselfishness and drop those others before its too late.

I was a Cubs Scout, and then a Sea Scout/Explorer, the marine/outdoor adventure alternative to the land based version. Our folks while practicing Catholics, were not very dogmatic in their beliefs, so none of us embraced religion very much. After watching my mom lose an excruciatingly painful seven year long battle with cancer, the religion thing became even less practiced.

Maybe it was the times, our neighborhood, etc. but the message that seemed overtly dominant was that those different from us were bad, that we were special due to our chosen religion and only it could make us better people.
Its about helping kids and we need more of it. Just because some people (leaders) have been trying to twist this club into their own religious cultural club does not mean it is bad as a whole or even representative of the majority of its members. Same with the pedophiles, its vile and horrendous but its isolated and not a representation of the typical members. 99% of adults involved do this for good reasons so dont throw the baby out with the bath water.
I have no skin in this but judging by the old guys saying they had good experiences in the boy scouts .the group must be positive for children especially considering they are still proud of it this much later in life.
Insinuating that they are indoctrinating children to political and religious slants is just as ill conceived as the right wingers saying schools are doing the same. Not everything in life is about politics even though people try to make it be.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I wonder if the professional meme making forums have an entrance questionnaire like what we used to have here to keep the hacks out......

Gino

Premium Subscriber
What good lessons should we derive from the scouting experience that most had? That it bred an entire generation of overly nationalistic, homophobes who grew up thinking their religion was superior to others, that atheists and agnostics were inferior and that it sheltered more than its share of pedophiles in its leadership?

I'm thinking we need to embrace the philosophies about truth, honesty, modesty, and unselfishness and drop those others before its too late.

I was a Cubs Scout, and then a Sea Scout/Explorer, the marine/outdoor adventure alternative to the land based version. Our folks while practicing Catholics, were not very dogmatic in their beliefs, so none of us embraced religion very much. After watching my mom lose an excruciatingly painful seven year long battle with cancer, the religion thing became even less practiced.

Maybe it was the times, our neighborhood, etc. but the message that seemed overtly dominant was that those different from us were bad, that we were special due to our chosen religion and only it could make us better people

Right there's YOUR problem. You're always thinking and then you get into trouble. All you do is throw out your opinions and that's all they are..... your opinions. Not based on anything except your own fear(s). Who gives a rat's petunia how you grew up or what your parents did or said ?? You are what you are.... because of all the decisions YOU'VE made along your life. No one else held a gun to your head. You either took the high road or kept your mouth shut and wiggled your way through life on the backs of others.

Because I have a strong feeling and love for God, I'm supposed to listen to your BS ?? Fraid not zoneboy. I was never taught or thought anyone different from me is bad. YOU just had a lousy childhood and you didn't change, yet.

You constantly sneak your political views into every thread..... and you are far more responsible for railroading more threads, than any 10 people here, combined.

With all your fears and phobias you sport around, where in this country did you ever grow up with so much hostility towards everyone, regardless of race, creed or organization affiliation ??

Now, it's wrong to be patriotic ?? What the heck is next outta you ?? :doh:

Bigdawg

Just Me
Right there's YOUR problem. You're always thinking and then you get into trouble. All you do is throw out your opinions and that's all they are..... your opinions. Not based on anything except your own fear(s). Who gives a rat's petunia how you grew up or what your parents did or said ?? You are what you are.... because of all the decisions YOU'VE made along your life. No one else held a gun to your head. You either took the high road or kept your mouth shut and wiggled your way through life on the backs of others.

Because I have a strong feeling and love for God, I'm supposed to listen to your BS ?? Fraid not zoneboy. I was never taught or thought anyone different from me is bad. YOU just had a lousy childhood and you didn't change, yet.

You constantly sneak your political views into every thread..... and you are far more responsible for railroading more threads, than any 10 people here, combined.

With all your fears and phobias you sport around, where in this country did you ever grow up with so much hostility towards everyone, regardless of race, creed or organization affiliation ??

Now, it's wrong to be patriotic ?? What the heck is next outta you ?? :doh:

Pot... meet Kettle...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Pot... meet Kettle...

No, not hardly there, Bigdawg.

While I might stir the pot on certain subjects, I've never turned every post in someone else's thread, political. What you and many others seem to forget is that this place had the..... NHB club where the gloves came off and we all went at it. Some clever soul thought it would be a way to let off steam. However, many of those people could not keep those feelings separate from bleeding over into business ( the other forums/sections) There, we could blast away, use tolerated language and ANY subject was fair game. I am tolerant and most helpful with anyone on this forum regardless their views as long as they honestly try and do their best to either better themselves or help themselves, but a lazy bum who just comes here to take, take, take or show off their wares.... I'll blast them once or twice across the bow, before I take careful aim.

Please..... please, don't put me in his category........ please. That is not very nice. This whole thread is about the most stupid thread on here in a long time..... and you go after me like that...... ?? What..... to be funny.... and get a jab in ?? Poor taste. Many will think you are right, but then many scholars and other cognoscenti believed the world was round LO-O-O-ONG before Columbus proved it once and for all.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Just callin' it like I see it. If that little thing is called "going after you" then you have some really thin skin. I thought you were tougher than that - and the way you dish it out, you really need to learn how to take it too.

I can't count the number of threads you've also taken off the rails with your posts - with political BS too. Yes - the original memes are disgusting. But for you to call out someone because they think and then post what they are thinking was just a little too much for me to just watch since you do the same thing on a daily basis.

• Agree
Reactions: Bly

Marlene

I think we are forgetting the real jerk in all of this, AMS who posted those disgusting memes. No matter how much we are bickering with each other, no one has supported this clown so we are all on the same side.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Call it...... how ya sees it. It's no skin off my nose. It's just the comparing him to me, which seems a bit cruel. Besides, I don't need the likes of you or the toadster telling me what or how I should listen to you or him and heed your ways. I think the vast majority of your (both of you) views are wrong, when it comes to way of life, but I don't care, until you come into my box. Business is a different story.

I can take it. I take a lot.... alot more than you can or the toadster. However, when I post back, y'all are on my sh!t without giving any concern that you are all doing the exact same thing. Just why the double standards ?? Since the new regime has come to power, things are really no different then they were before, but things tend to remain for all to see much much longer.

Is there some sort of count of how many threads I derailed ?? The vast majority of them in most members opinions were useless diatribe anyway. Addie threads, Cappy threads, S&F threads, pointless threads and many others. This one is actually one of those pointless threads, but the author here is notably doing this kinda stuff all the time. It's just that he said he made these up, when you can find them exactly as posted all over the internet. Does this fool think we're all as dumb as him ??

However, I did take offense to my belief system and my thoughts on God from the toadster. I'm a Christian, not a good one, but nonetheless, a Christian and when someone says those kinda things about it.... am I supposed to keep my mouth shut, to keep the harmony established in this place ?? To you, I guess I'm not allowed to voice my OPINIONS, but others who agree with your political views, faith beliefs or anything else in life.... are good to go.

So, if what I say is distasteful to you and mo-o-ore than you can handle, why join the conversation and add more fuel to it ?? Just more of the same ol' same ol'.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Do you even read what you write? For the record, our religious beliefs are the same - does it surprise you that I'm also a Christian (but definitely not a right-winger like you) and a respected member of our church? That I regularly volunteer and spend a lot of my time and money helping/talking/making things better for the homeless? Will that make things all better? The difference is, I didn't see TT's comments as an attack, where you did. I saw it as someone posting how religion (not God) let him down. It's letting a lot of people down these days, including me. If you want to pull out the "Christian" card, you should be lifting him up and not tearing him down. At least that's what my Bible says.

But enough about our religion. Nothing you posted was "more than I can handle". You flatter yourself when you think you have that kind of impact. I have every right to post in any thread - I would suggest if you don't like, don't read it. No response is necessary. Have a lovely day, Gino.