• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Starting my own Business, Would like help naming.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I'm guessing that is sarcasm.... at least I hope so. Vomela also sounds pretty snappy. :D

billsines

Do what the Amish do around here...look out your window and name it that: "woodside signs" "maple lane signs" "dry creek signs" or use you and your wife's initials "b and l signs or whatever...

I always get a kick out of their business names...

Anyway how about Stone River Signs or Reluctant Brother Signs, Easy Does It Signs, Grassy Knoll Signs,

Ok maybe not the last one, but I think you should hammer out about 15 names and bring them back here and have us vote, maybe the best will bubble to the top.

Pertaining to business ownership, my advice is to do it on the side until you absolutely have to decide...don't buy a bunch of equipment then go looking for the work. You want the stress of too big a backlog instead of not enough. Grow into it. Do it as cheap as you can, borrow the least amount of money.

BOTS

Do what the Amish do around here...look out your window and name it that: "woodside signs" "maple lane signs" "dry creek signs" or use you and your wife's initials "b and l signs or whatever...

I always get a kick out of their business names...

Anyway how about Stone River Signs or Reluctant Brother Signs, Easy Does It Signs, Grassy Knoll Signs,

Ok maybe not the last one, but I think you should hammer out about 15 names and bring them back here and have us vote, maybe the best will bubble to the top.

Pertaining to business ownership, my advice is to do it on the side until you absolutely have to decide...don't buy a bunch of equipment then go looking for the work. You want the stress of too big a backlog instead of not enough. Grow into it. Do it as cheap as you can, borrow the least amount of money.

Good idea, I will come up with some more.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Sign-A-Rama-R-Us.
Signs in 1 hour and more.
Instant Lettering & Other Neat Stuff
Spelling Capitol
Lettering Expert
Signs Later
Slow and Easy Signs
The Sign Shop
Affordable Signs, Things and Much More GraphX
ZZ Sign Shop

Marlene

keep it simple and easy to remember. make sure it doesn't sound anything like a shop near you as people will call the guy thinking it's you. I do like the Amish way of naming that was brought up as it keeps it simple. if your name is easy to spell, you could try that but I wouldn't if it is hard to spell. try some stuff and post again. your first attempt wasn't very good as it sounds like a place to call after a disaster

billsines

If I took my own advice my shop would be named "Stack of Pallets Signs" or "Old Asphalt Signs" or maybe "Dry Underbrush Signs." Or how about "Air Makeup Unit Signs"

Sign.ed

don't go with Sign-Ups and Banners. People will think you're a shipping location, they will also get mad when you refuse to "just ship it anyway."
-"Sure we'll ship it, but UPS doesn't come by here everyday it maybe over a week before it goes out."

Also, trying to explain over the phone @signupsandbanners.com, Sign. Ups, up is plural. And, the word 'and'. Banners, also plural. FACEPALM ALL DAY.

Johnny Best

I had a HARD HARD time picking name. I actually was driving down the road and took the first half of the name of a grocery store and paired it with the end of the street name and it didn't sound too bad. Domains and everything was available.
So he took Aldi grocery store and Shady Grove Road and came up with a name you can trust.
alshady.jpg

kylebrk

Thank you wildside, I know it will be hard. I'm 1099, work for them under a llc, and have business insurance. I will have to learn how to do sales tax and ALLOT of other stuff.
The company I work for does all big signs, I just handle customers, sales, invoices, design, smaller signs(not permitted), truck/trailer lettering. I DO NOT want to do large signs or permitted work. (I know nothing about it). I love doing small/med signs and vehicles.

I'm looking at buying a roland uv flatbed & latex 560, laminator, plotter, etc.

so you guys dont like Sign Relief, Either I'm guessing, lol

Just a word of advice, Wildside is one of the really good ones. If you're focusing on what you do and not who you are, you're going about it all wrong. Define your place in the market and who you will be to your customers. Define why your customers will choose you over your competitors. These answers will start to leave clues.

henryz

Bots, name is not too important seems like you know what you want to do so stick with it, too many haters out there to watch out for. It will all come around hey we all learned it some how except that one guy on that forum that makes fun of everybody since he is a pro from day 1. hahaha.