• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tapatalk app for signs 101? can we can we.

GypsyGraphics

i only had the option to insert a photo that was already on my photo... either stored or taken with the camera.
you'll never guess where i was when i took that photo?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Does it give you the option to use the Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Editor Toolbar when you post or reply. That is where the attach button is in the toolbar? If not, there is a Manage Attachments button below the post entry box that should give you access to uploading pics directly to Signs 101.

If not, please DO NOT send any pics from your phone. It will just make a lot of extra work for me.

VINYLIMAGEZ

Does it give you the option to use the Enhanced (WYSIWYG) Editor Toolbar when you post or reply. That is where the attach button is in the toolbar? If not, there is a Manage Attachments button below the post entry box that should give you access to uploading pics directly to Signs 101.

If not, please DO NOT send any pics from your phone. It will just make a lot of extra work for me.

It doesnt have that option Fred, guess we will not be uploading from cellphones, its still awesome.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

GypsyGraphics

There doesn't seem to be an option for the Enhanced Editor at all when posting or pm'ing. I think we'll have to all agree not to post photo from this app. Everything else about it is so nice, no photos is a small price to pay to be able to use Tapatalk.

GypsyGraphics

yikes... almost logged off for the night without saying THANK YOU to VINYLIMAGEZ!!!!

thank you soo much for finding this app for us Gilbert!!!

and THANK YOU FRED for putting it into action!!!

i could just kiss you both!!!! :loveya: :loveya:

rcook99

Ok I just bought the pro version for my X and yes it is very nice. I just wish there was a way to make it open signs 101 instead of going into favorites to do it. Maybe a shortcut or something.

VINYLIMAGEZ

Ok I just bought the pro version for my X and yes it is very nice. I just wish there was a way to make it open signs 101 instead of going into favorites to do it. Maybe a shortcut or something.

You can email the dev and on this matter, maybe he can add that to the next upgrade.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member

They seem to have their own ideas and don't care much about what forum owners or app users think. I researched the image attachment issue already mentioned and found out that on their last upgrade they did away with the feature. They instead now take any pic a user uploads and store it on their server instead of allowing it to be stored where it was uploaded to. There are several dozen angry posts in just one of several threads there about their arbitrary decision to do this ... all wanting the return of control of attachment storage to the forums where it belongs.

So take it for what it is: A convenience. There are no options for forum owners to determine how it works. Just what they decide they want the app to do. Hopefully, they will submit to their members and reinstate the attachment feature.

GypsyGraphics

Money Talks!

I've already paid the $2.99, so maybe they don't care what i have to say... but if they are inundated with forum users who say they they WON'T buy the app without that feature... maybe they'll do the math and reconsider.

GypsyGraphics

Just testing out another image upload idea... don't get mad at me if this doesn't work Fred. I'll try and delete it quick if it doesn't.

Well... is that legal Fred?

Edit: Link removed -gg

Last edited:

CES020

Forumrunner says you can upload to the forum from their package, and it's free for website owners, their app is $1.99 for the paid one.

Haven't tried it myself, but I've seen it mentioned on several forums. I have nothing to do with them, just passing info on (I got that file upload info from the tapatalk forum where people were complaining about it, and saying they were moving over to forumrunner).

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Forumrunner says you can upload to the forum from their package, and it's free for website owners, their app is $1.99 for the paid one.

Haven't tried it myself, but I've seen it mentioned on several forums. I have nothing to do with them, just passing info on (I got that file upload info from the tapatalk forum where people were complaining about it, and saying they were moving over to forumrunner).

Yes I saw that too and plan to check into it later tonight.