• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tapatalk app for signs 101? can we can we.

Tim Aucoin

Got Formrunner all loaded and running... just waiting now... waiting patiently!! :Sleeping: Total investment to date $4.98. Cheaper than a double mocha latte, so not so bad!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
from a data integrity standpoint, I am & have always been 100% behind the superior business model here at signs101, whereby our important archives have the integrity they do today because of not allowing offsite images, or hot linking...

but the quote above contains a link to an offsite URL... something done in threads here everyday, and something that could become a broken link tomorrow...

if people are out on an installation & want to say "hey S101 buds... check this bitchin' install I just knocked out"... well, I don't think it's really the end of the world if we provide a link to see that image.. because it's still just a "link" just like your link!...

Now, if people start posting earth shattering new developments in sign technology, or impressive step-by-step demos and tutorials & providing links to offsite content, of course that compromises the archives for everyone, including the next generation... and of course I don't support that any more then you do...I just don't think I've ever been aware of limitations to the links we are allowed to post, except pertaining to self promotion... and that's really why I'm posting...

are there rules against links that I am not aware of?

I guess the difference is that images are something we can take responsibility for and website links are not. The rest of the story is that everytime an offsite image appears it gets determined by x number of members that this kind of image handling is permitted at Signs 101 ... making more work for Stacy, Bradster and myself converting it to an attachment.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Got Formrunner all loaded and running... just waiting now... waiting patiently!! :Sleeping: Total investment to date $4.98. Cheaper than a double mocha latte, so not so bad!

I just installed it and it should be working Tim. Give it a try. :Cool 2:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Forum Runner Has Been Installed

The Forum Runner app has been installed and should work for iPhones, iPads and most Droid smartphones. Here is the information from the Forum Runner website:

Push Notifications

Forum Runner supports *FREE* Push Notifications. This means that when you get a private message or a thread you have subscribed to gets posted in, you will get a notice on your mobile device even if you aren't in the Forum Runner app!

You can also configure what hours of the day you want to receive push notifications, and what kind of push notifications you want to receive (private message, subscription, etc).

What Devices are Supported

Push notifications are supported on all versions of the iPhone and iPad as well as Android devices running Android OS 2.2 or later. For push notifications to work on Android, you must be logged into the Google Apps as we use the same framework that Google uses for sending updates (such as Mail, etc).

iPhone Push Notification Activation

To activate Push Notification for Forum Runner for iPhone, follow the steps below:
  • Purchase the full version of Forum Runner from the iTunes App Store
  • Verify that Push Notifications are enabled on your device in Settings->Notifications
  • Launch Forum Runner. You should be prompted to accept Push Notifications.
  • Touch the "Notification Settings" icon on the home screen
  • Choose "Create Account" and enter a user name, password, and valid e-mail you would like to use
  • After you submit it, an activation e-mail will be sent to your e-mail address. Click on the activation link in that e-mail to activate your account
  • Congratulations! Once you favorite some forums that have fully installed the Forum Runner plugin, you will get updates periodically!

Android OS Push Notification Activation

To activate Push Notification for Forum Runner for Android, follow the steps below:
  • Purchase the full version of Forum Runner from the Android Market
  • Verify that you are logged into a Google account in Settings->Accounts and Sync Settings
  • Launch Forum Runner.
  • Touch the "Notification Settings" icon on the home screen
  • Choose "Create Account" and enter a user name, password, and valid e-mail you would like to use
  • After you submit it, an activation e-mail will be sent to your e-mail address. Click on the activation link in that e-mail to activate your account
  • Congratulations! Once you favorite some forums that have fully installed the Forum Runner plugin, you will get updates periodically!