• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Tariff on Sign Blanks?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you consider the FACT that if he had just taken his original inheritance and invested in a good mutual fund, he'd have accumulated $2 Billion by now and spared THOUSANDS of contractors, vendors, employees, suppliers, etc. from being screwed out of their contracted due along with saving the taxpayers and creditors BILLIONS in bankruptcy costs and non-productive legal fees, etc.

Not to mention the approximately 3,500 civil lawsuits he and his organization have been the DEFENDANTS in, only a complete fool and admirer of pirates and flim flam men could admire a thing this embarrassment to humanity has ever done. When this hot mess is finally unraveled and prosecuted to its fullest, America will have some real self-reflection to do.

If one admires this brand of unscrupulous, ethically vacant, morally repugnant type of scam artist posing as a business man, I'm sure he has a skyscraper to sell you.

The only person we all underestimated in this travesty of justice is Vladimer Putin and the cabal that he helped steal an election.

Totally off the thread now, do you really believe all that crap you just wrote ??

Do you even understand how many freeloaders there are in this country both legally and illegally ?? Once it's a known fact, you have money..... everyone and their mother will come after you for some frivolous lawsuit and most likely the one with money will pay it off, just to make it go away. However, the precedent has been started. I'm not a huge fan of our president, but I will say he has done more to get this country rolling again than anyone has in quite some time.

I didn't particularly like the last jerk in the Oval Office, either, but I hadda put up with him and his pathetic ways. Guess you must now do the same and watch things unfold.

But the best part is..... you believe in this Putin storyline, but you won't read a book suggested to you.

If keeping that conceited lying b!tch out of the White House was caused by Putin, then I'm glad he participated, but I'd rather give credit to the folks who voted Trump in like in states where I live and the many other states who finally have seen the last 8 years was a total disaster.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
When I look at the list of reasons Hillary lost I don't see 'Tariff on sign blanks' as one of them.
I will have to do more research.

wayne k
guam usa

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
He does this tacit a lot. Goes "extreme" in one direction so the other party has to concede and pull him more to the center..which is where he wanted to be all along.

cajun312

The United States imposes a 2.5-percent tariff on cars assembled in EU, EU hits American cars with a 10 percent tariff. Should be the same for both. But look at how many Euro car manufacturers have established factories in America.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If you consider the FACT that if he had just taken his original inheritance and invested in a good mutual fund, he'd have accumulated $2 Billion by now and spared THOUSANDS of contractors, vendors, employees, suppliers, etc. from being screwed out of their contracted due along with saving the taxpayers and creditors BILLIONS in bankruptcy costs and non-productive legal fees, etc...

Thousands eh? Can you name a few or is this something you heard on CNN? If there's thousands you ought to be able to come up with a few names and details without undo stress to your demonstrated diminutive cognitive tackle.

...Not to mention the approximately 3,500 civil lawsuits he and his organization have been the DEFENDANTS in, only a complete fool and admirer of pirates and flim flam men could admire a thing this embarrassment to humanity has ever done. When this hot mess is finally unraveled and prosecuted to its fullest, America will have some real self-reflection to do...

Emptying your adjective bucket notwithstanding, rack up 10 billion dollars and it's going to be lawsuits instead of turtles all the way down. Can you cite the particulars? Any particulars? Or is this more incisive reporting from the merry band at CNN?

...If one admires this brand of unscrupulous, ethically vacant, morally repugnant type of scam artist posing as a business man, I'm sure he has a skyscraper to sell you

The only person we all underestimated in this travesty of justice is Vladimer Putin and the cabal that he helped steal an election.

Even more adjectives. Very impressive. You assume facts not in evidence and then proceed to a conclusion based on that fantasy. You might want to familiarize yourself with the notion of 'fallacy'.

TimToad

He does this tacit a lot. Goes "extreme" in one direction so the other party has to concede and pull him more to the center..which is where he wanted to be all along.

Or maybe he was doing his buddy Carl Icahn a solid. Like the way he messed with Boeing and a few others stock values.

Former Trump adviser dumped millions in steel stocks days before the president announced new tariffs

TimToad

Thousands eh? Can you name a few or is this something you heard on CNN? If there's thousands you ought to be able to come up with a few names and details without undo stress to your demonstrated diminutive cognitive tackle.

Emptying your adjective bucket notwithstanding, rack up 10 billion dollars and it's going to be lawsuits instead of turtles all the way down. Can you cite the particulars? Any particulars? Or is this more incisive reporting from the merry band at CNN?

Even more adjectives. Very impressive. You assume facts not in evidence and then proceed to a conclusion based on that fantasy. You might want to familiarize yourself with the notion of 'fallacy'.

Hardly a bunch of left wing sources, but all one needs to do is run a couple searches and find dozens if not hundreds of sources on the business "acumen" of the orange menace. I won't even waste your time on the moral failings, adulterous affairs, etc. I'm sure after Mueller hands out a few dozen more indictments and more people even closer to Drumpf himself take plea deals, all the "particulars" will be brought into the bright lights. I'm sure Jared will do anything to avoid jailtime, even if means turning on the pig who has the hots for his wife.

Legal affairs of Donald Trump - Wikipedia

USA TODAY exclusive: Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills

Trump’s DC Hotel Tagged With $5 Million in Unpaid Worker Liens

Why U.S. Law Makes It Easy for Donald Trump To Stiff Contractors

equippaint

He is not playing chess, we'd all be lucky if he even knew how to play checkers. All I know is that if Trump came and took a shit in my front yard, I would not run out, shake his hand and thank him for the fertilizer like so many other people are.

Billct2

If there's thousands you ought to be able to come up with a few names and details without undo stress
Donald Trump Got a Tax Break For Stiffing Contractors Here's a story (from Fortune magazine not CNN) that references a few and also explains how Trump was able to take a sizeable (and legal) tax write off while screwing the sub contractors at the same time.

ikarasu

I thought it was well known that trump screws over his contractors? He did it long before he became president, and was still voted in.. it shouldn't surprise people.

He is just trying to aim high, and meet in the middle. It's a strategy he believes works... go with a batshit crazy demand, then act like you're giving an arm and a leg when you go lower, meanwhile you get what you want + more.

That has worked for trump before... But as a president it doesn't seem to work too well. I guess this will be one of the big first tests, whether Canada caves on Nafta to not get taxed on steel exports... Or calls trump on his bluff.

People think trump is crazy, and would sacrifice everything just to "Win", so no one is willing to call him on his bluff. Eventually someone will stand up to it and play the odds though.

After seeing everything unfold, I don't think you guys have to worry about prices of steel going up. Either Canada will cave, Trump will cave, or Congress will block the tariff, and trump will save face saying people are obstructing again.

Either way, I'm betting odds are Canada isn't affected by this Tariff. I think it was meant more towards China, and he's using it as an opportunity to get a more favorable Nafta deal.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I thought it was well known that trump screws over his contractors? He did it long before he became president, and was still voted in.. it shouldn't surprise people.

He is just trying to aim high, and meet in the middle. It's a strategy he believes works... go with a batshit crazy demand, then act like you're giving an arm and a leg when you go lower, meanwhile you get what you want + more.

That has worked for trump before... But as a president it doesn't seem to work too well. I guess this will be one of the big first tests, whether Canada caves on Nafta to not get taxed on steel exports... Or calls trump on his bluff.

People think trump is crazy, and would sacrifice everything just to "Win", so no one is willing to call him on his bluff. Eventually someone will stand up to it and play the odds though.

After seeing everything unfold, I don't think you guys have to worry about prices of steel going up. Either Canada will cave, Trump will cave, or Congress will block the tariff, and trump will save face saying people are obstructing again.

Either way, I'm betting odds are Canada isn't affected by this Tariff. I think it was meant more towards China, and he's using it as an opportunity to get a more favorable Nafta deal.

Good to not stress on the steel tariff.
Once the President gets his hands on your secret formula for maple syrup the Canadian economy is doomed anyway.
You guys should be building the wall to keep him out.

wayne k
guam usa

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
If there's thousands you ought to be able to come up with a few names and details without undo stress
Donald Trump Got a Tax Break For Stiffing Contractors Here's a story (from Fortune magazine not CNN) that references a few and also explains how Trump was able to take a sizeable (and legal) tax write off while screwing the sub contractors at the same time.

You do understand that bankruptcy, among other things, provides a method for restructuring debt. That the purpose is not to stiff anyone, rather distribute what assets there are on a pro rata basis. No one said "Let's hose Forest Jenkins and take the money and run.". There was no money with which to run. Hence bankruptcy.

There's nothing illegal or immoral going on here. Just some heavily editorialized reporting by people who appear to have backed the other candidates. Bankruptcy and tax laws are constant and therefore the same for everyone.

ikarasu

Good to not stress on the steel tariff.
Once the President gets his hands on your secret formula for maple syrup the Canadian economy is doomed anyway.
You guys should be building the wall to keep him out.

wayne k
guam usa
I see how it is... Now you guys are trying to trick Canada into paying for a wall!

You can have our maple syrup. But try to take our poutine, ketchup chips or our coffeecrisp chocolate bars, and we'll be going to war.

You guys will be met with fire, fury and frankly power the likes of which this world has never seen before.

Attachments

• 5dbf701a0cc134eb3d58a22b815e2e57.jpg
    5dbf701a0cc134eb3d58a22b815e2e57.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 130

Billct2

Yea, funny how that bankruptcy works, the principals with the cash and the lawyers drive away in their limo and the plumber uses his retirement to keep from going under. Yes, there are people who use bankruptcy legitimately and there's nothing wrong with that. And then there are serial abusers who never lose because they're not risking their money.

Mattie_BR

Hardly a bunch of left wing sources, but all one needs to do is run a couple searches and find dozens if not hundreds of sources on the business "acumen" of the orange menace. I won't even waste your time on the moral failings, adulterous affairs, etc. I'm sure after Mueller hands out a few dozen more indictments and more people even closer to Drumpf himself take plea deals, all the "particulars" will be brought into the bright lights. I'm sure Jared will do anything to avoid jailtime, even if means turning on the pig who has the hots for his wife.

Legal affairs of Donald Trump - Wikipedia

USA TODAY exclusive: Hundreds allege Donald Trump doesn’t pay his bills

Trump’s DC Hotel Tagged With $5 Million in Unpaid Worker Liens

Why U.S. Law Makes It Easy for Donald Trump To Stiff Contractors

Fake News!

DerbyCitySignGuy

I wonder how many middle class and blue collar workers got that $4,000 pay raise Trump promised would come as a result of his corporate tax breaks?

So far the only news I've heard is about stock buybacks and shareholders getting richer, but I could be wrong. I mean, it's not like this has been tried before and didn't work. SURELY it's going to work this time, right? We just have to wait. How long did they predict? Oh, right. Eight years. After Trump is definitely out of office (assuming he doesn't do a power grab like Xi Jinping, a move which Trump praised), of course.

Once the cost of goods and services start to rise without an increase in purchasing power, things are going to start looking pretty bleak for most of us.

TimToad

Yea, funny how that bankruptcy works, the principals with the cash and the lawyers drive away in their limo and the plumber uses his retirement to keep from going under. Yes, there are people who use bankruptcy legitimately and there's nothing wrong with that. And then there are serial abusers who never lose because they're not risking their money.

Absolutely!

Our resident linguistics expert loves to point out bias in other's points or perspective, but can never acknowledge his own.

There is a YUGE difference between the 50% of legitimate personal bankruptcies that are triggered by overwhelming medical bills and the strategic, chronic and economy robbing actions of the various con artists and flim flam men who use a system designed for their own benefit.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Prove it.

For crying out loud..... I haven't seen a comeback like that, since about 3rd grade. Now that..... musta taken some real thinking, huh ??

Sure hope ya didn't pull a muscle in your head on that one. :roflmao: