• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

The Vaccine - you going to take it or no?

netsol

i just hope this doesn't become our model for dealing with things like the seasonal flu, in the future
i know many of our governors have really gotten a charge out of having a press conference AND HAVING PEOPLE CARE WHAT THE HAVE TO SAY
and i am not sure that Dr Fauci can go back to a world where he is not a celebrity

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
I will not press my people to get it. If they want the vaccine, they can get it. I will not require them. I will not demand people coming in and out of my shop to have it. This is not a political decision to do this either way. I think its best for myself and my family to do this.

victor bogdanov

I will not be getting the vaccine, an no one in my family is either. I have a 2 year old son who we chose not to vaccinate after doing heavy research on vaccines during pregnancy after I found it odd how pushy the obgyn got with the pertussis vaccine.

Way too much info to get into but if anyone wants a good read the following book will open your eyes to what our big pharma and gov't are hiding when it comes to vaccines. The covid vaccine is a blessing because it is shining light on the topic

https://www.amazon.com/How-Autism-Epidemic-J-B-Handley/dp/1603588248

Audiobook is very easy to listen to

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I'm not afraid of the vaccine and not into all the conspiracy theories. I'll likely get it if the opportune time arises. That means the planets have to be in line. i.e. I'm not about to wait in any line for hours on end twice! I'm old if the virus takes me out, good riddance. I'll consider it my sacrifice to society. Haven't been sick in nearly 3 years and even then it was a common cold VIRUS. Missed 1 day of work and that was my 2nd job at the time not my primary job.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Will not be getting it and neither is my wife. Stepson is getting it as soon as he can. His views are different from ours. That's fine. In the last 35 years, I've been sick twice. The first time was right after getting my first flu vaccine in the late 80's. I was very sick for 2.5 months. My wife was, also, but not as long as me. 2 years later, an employee's wife who worked at a medical place told us not to worry, that would never or could never happen again. Took it and got violently ill for over 3 months. Never again will I do this sorta thing. The true and tried vaccines from years ago, I think are still safe, but this new stuff....... scientific ?? Yeah right. Big pharmaceuticals only make money when you're sick or you think you're sick. There's no money in actually healing people. Had a doctor's office renting from us a few years ago, did I ever learn a lot from them in those 6 years.

Sure, I've had a head cold or stomach flu for a day or two, but not sick that I couldn't go to work or felt really bad. Other than a knee operation and a run-in with my health towards the end of this past summer..... I ain't volunteering for a frickin' thing put into my body without my consent.

Political...... ?? Nope, not at all. I don't care who would've been in charge..... trump or harris..... I still ain't taking it. :noway:

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I plan to get the vaccine when I am eligible to do so. Currently in Oklahoma they're vaccinating people in the highest risk groups, anyone 65 and older as well as any medical personnel or first responders. My boss got his first vaccine dose earlier in the week. He's had no problems.

My most immediate concern is my parents. They're in their early 70's and my dad has some other risk factors. I would very much rather they take their chances with a new vaccine than trying their luck with COVID-19. They're "bunkered up" at home in Colorado. I skipped visiting them for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

The stuff is real and it is real contagious. Three of my co-workers, including myself, have had COVID-19. We all came down with it near Thanksgiving. One coworker was on the verge of having to be hospitalized. My own case was relatively minor, mostly just upper respiratory stuff that could be confused for allergies. What alerted me was I completely lost my senses of taste and smell one evening in a short amount of time and those senses didn't return for several days. I had two tests (the PCR test is no fun), both of which strangely came back negative. A couple weeks later when I was better I donated platelets and plasma at Oklahoma Blood Institute. The SARS-CoV-2 anti-bodies test they ran on my blood came up positive.

Even though I have prior exposure to the virus I'm not going to assume that gives me freedom to throw caution to the wind. There are documented cases of people getting infected, clearing the virus and getting infected again. From what I understand the anti-bodies from a relatively minor infection will wane over time and reduce the effect of immunity. The vaccines appear to deliver much longer lasting immunity.

netsol

I'm not afraid of the vaccine and not into all the conspiracy theories. I'll likely get it if the opportune time arises. That means the planets have to be in line. i.e. I'm not about to wait in any line for hours on end twice! I'm old if the virus takes me out, good riddance. I'll consider it my sacrifice to society. Haven't been sick in nearly 3 years and even then it was a common cold VIRUS. Missed 1 day of work and that was my 2nd job at the time not my primary job.

Myront,

i am not trying to be political here (can't blame you for not believing me) but these are the people who brought you motor vehicle lines

did you read my earlier post about my 2.5 hrs, getting the flu shot at walgreens

i wish you all the luck in the world, and i am going to get the shot, just as a practical matter (the wife is susceptible to EVERYTHING, she gets allergy testing and has a reaction to the sterile control pin. i have no fear of this, i throw away my paper mask when the elastic breaks, not every time i take it off, but you can't bring this into the house and find out who is walking around with a compromised immune system.

one of the techs who works with us, lives in manhattan & lost both parents in 5 weeks. i thought i was the last person to be giving you the we have to take this seriously speech, but we do. i go out every day and into every client that needs me, but, with the new waves of this, i keep my mask on, although i feel silly doing it

RaymondLoewy

Pretty fly for a Sign Guy
I will be getting it as soon as I can. I am not worried at all of dying from Covid if I were to catch it, I just don't want to be an a$$hole who spreads it around, and would have a hard time if I had to quarantine for 2 weeks. I have seen quite a few of my coworkers go missing for 2 weeks over the last year, one of the older ones was out 3 weeks and I later learned he was hospitalized at had a 50% chance of living (he did).

victor bogdanov

From this thread it seems like many people are taking covid seriously and will be getting vaccinated. We know obesity, high blood pressure, diabetes etc are major risk factors. How many of those people concerned about the virus have made lifestyle changes to lose weight, control blood pressure etc and reduce their risk factors? Seems like most want to take "a pill". We are almost a year into the pandemic, this is plenty of time to lose some weight but nope, fast food and alcohol sales are through the roof. Take the easy way out and take the big pharma shot

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Not all that easy Vic. My father is a Diabetic.....losing weight and all helps, but at 77yo, I would really like to have him to see his granddaughter graduate HS in a few years. Thats my hope for him and this shot.

victor bogdanov

Not all that easy Vic. My father is a Diabetic.....losing weight and all helps, but at 77yo, I would really like to have him to see his granddaughter graduate HS in a few years. Thats my hope for him and this shot.

My grandmother, who died a few years ago at the age of 90 was diagnosed at 75 with advanced colon cancer and doctors gave her a year max to live. She had an extreme will to live and went full raw diet and very low calories as soon as she was diagnosed. For 15 years she only raw foods, lost a ton of weight and shocked the doctors. Prior to her change, she did not have a bowel movement for over 6 months, soon after her lifestyle change things went back to normal, her cancer shrunk and she was able to pull through another 15 years without medical intervention.

My point with this is, if there is a true will, incredible things are possible.

victor bogdanov

Taking care of the diabetes and losing weight will have more positive impact than simply relying on the vaccine. Why not get the vaccine and work on the other, much greater risk factors that will lead to death with or without covid?

Anyone who wants to get the vaccine should get it, but the issue we will face is that those who do not want the vaccine will be forced to get it also. Healthy people will be forced to change to protect those with risk factors, while those with risk factors can keep on doing the things that gave them those risk factors in the first place. Happened with masks and very likely to happen with the vaccine

Gino

Premium Subscriber
So now, taking your medicine or not regardless of your background or religious beliefs can make one an a$$hole, loewy ?? Do you ever read what you write before you hit the send button ??

Reveal1

Science is a whole lot more solid on vaccine vs. masks. Social media censorship, politicization of pandemic, dubious lockdowns and mask mandates, and politicians hypocrisy in following own 'rules' are why so many distrust vaccine. If you read up on the vaccination, it is much less complex than many vaccines; basically messenger RNA and lipids (fats) to regulate delivery in the body. Used to be, when country faced a crisis we could depend on a relatively truthful media and government and the populace would rally voluntarily for common good. Now its distrust and everyone for themselves. As for me, I'll take it for the benefit of others, even if there is a personal risk, albeit small.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Anyway, they cannot actually force you into anything, if you don't want something with mrc-5 in it. If they want more proof latrogenesis reaction will also allow you to bow out. I have the latter.

victor bogdanov

Anyway, they cannot actually force you into anything, if you don't want something with mrc-5 in it. If they want more proof latrogenesis reaction will also allow you to bow out. I have the latter.

"They" can "force" you, kinda like with masks. Big business will be the enforcement tool

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
victor bogdanov said:
My grandmother, who died a few years ago at the age of 90 was diagnosed at 75 with advanced colon cancer and doctors gave her a year max to live. She had an extreme will to live and went full raw diet and very low calories as soon as she was diagnosed.

That anecdotal case doesn't apply to everyone. My dad's oldest sister had colon cancer, ended up with much of her colon removed and died about 3 years after being diagnosed. She wasn't badly overweight, didn't smoke, didn't eat a lot of junk/processed foods and was a generally healthy person. Colon cancer is a sinister S.O.B. that sneaks up on many of its victims, often being discovered when it is too late.

While it is a generally good idea for people to exercise regularly and eat a healthy diet, no one is going to make a dramatic transformation from an unhealthy condition to a healthy one in a short amount of time. A healthy transformation that actually sticks takes years of physical and mental persistence. There are millions upon millions of at-risk Americans who don't have that kind of time to forego the "big pharma" vaccine. It's safer for those people to get vaccinated ASAP while trying to work on improving their overall health.

victor bogdanov said:
Anyone who wants to get the vaccine should get it, but the issue we will face is that those who do not want the vaccine will be forced to get it also.

I have yet to see any lawmaker introducing any sort of legislation requiring people across the board to be vaccinated for SARS-CoV-2. The nearest thing to that I've seen is some commercial airlines mulling the idea of requiring passengers to be vaccinated. In the case of airlines it's understandable considering their possible legal liability for SARS-CoV-2 spread through a passenger jet's fuselage.

The way I see it, if someone doesn't want the vaccine: HOORAY! Be my guest. Don't take it. That just means one less person ahead of me in line to receive the vaccine. The more the merrier.

Last edited:

netsol

victor,
they will not pass a law, it would be held up in court forever by the antivaxxers

the plan is that you will not be allowed to enter federal buildings, fortune 500 companies, etc without your vaccine card.
not court challenge there

victor bogdanov

I have yet to see any lawmaker introducing any sort of legislation requiring people across the board to be vaccinated for SARS-CoV-2. The nearest thing to I've seen is some commercial airlines mulling the idea of requiring passengers to be vaccinated. In the case of airlines it's understandable considering their possible legal liability for SARS-CoV-2 spread through a passenger jet's fuselage.

I live in Texas and support/donate to an organization "Texans for Vaccine Choice" , the organization fights hard to keep vaccine exemptions from disappearing in TX. Your medical freedoms are under constant threat and if you follow this topic closely you will see that covid is likely to take more of the medical freedoms away.

The closest thing I've seen so far is college campuses requiring everyone get a flu shot because of covid

https://www.wsj.com/articles/more-colleges-require-flu-shots-of-students-and-employees-11603116161

"
More Colleges Require Flu Shots of Students and Employees
Those who don’t get the shot or don’t have an exemption may face consequences, such as being locked out of school email
"

victor bogdanov

victor,
they will not pass a law, it would be held up in court forever by the antivaxxers

the plan is that you will not be allowed to enter federal buildings, fortune 500 companies, etc without your vaccine card.
not court challenge there

exactly, same exact thing they're doing with masks, "we can't force an individual to wear a mask but we will punish businesses if they do not make people wear masks" is the BS we're dealing with in TX