• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Think of it this way....

NZMaker

Easy to say for someone living on an island of 268,000 sq. Kms with just 5mil people and geographically distant from the world's trade centers. The US is the economic engine with unparalled freedom of movement. We take in more legal immigrants than anyone in the world. As a result of being the crossroads of movement of people, unfortunately we expose ourselves to ideas, cultures, commerce and yes disease from far flung places. Those freedoms do often come with a price. I'll take that risk gladly over regimes such as China, who will likely be controlling your daily life in the not so distant future, maybe (but where did that virus originate again?) with more safety, but certainly with fewer of the freedoms that you apparently don't value that much anyway. .

geographic distance doesn’t matter - people travel by planes now.

you’re like the kid asserting his right to stick a fork in the power socket.

The reality is your government has been a disaster, on nearly everything, and you would break in two before you admitted that, because freedumb.

You are misinformed about immigrants. You have the most foreign-born, but some of them are over 100 years old. Per year, for the last ten or so, your immigration rates are nowhere near the most per head.

As to China, the US always has to have a boogeyman, Trump has made China your latest.

I guess when your entire society is based on making war, you’ve always got to have somethin* to keep the rubes fooled.

it seems to be working.

NZMaker

Let's not forget, by the time your little island quarantined the place, we already had huge numbers of infected people. You don't have anywhere near the in & out of people, visitors or possible contamination we do in this country. It's very easy to play Monday night quarterback. Don't get used to it.

It funny that you think that is a plus.

Why don’t we rephrase that?

“By the time you realised what a hash you had made of it, it was too late”.
Per head, we have more ‘in & out people’ than the US. 3-4M visitors a year in a country of 5M, that would be like the US getting 300M visitors a year, where the reality is that Mexico is the most-visited country in North America.
Try being informed with more facts and less rhetoric.

I know it must burn, knowing that you’ve literally shat the bed with the idiot you have in charge.

Don’t get used to what? You guys being the laughing stock?

Sure, that’s going to change real soon.

Johnny Best

I expect that’s the limit of your knowledge on the subject

good boy, have a cookie.

And this from a country where they all talk like this guy.
jarjarbinks_0001.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
NZ, I'm not gonna go back & forth with you, there's no sense to it. You have your mind made up and wanna throw around your silly accusations and back-handed slaps..... ?? Go f*ck yourself. You have a country about 100th the size of ours, 1/68th the population we have and you wanna say proportionately you have more people visiting your country per capita. Who gives a rat's a$$ about percentages ?? We also rank way ahead of mexico for visitors and tourists. On the global scale mexico is 7th for last year. In the western hemisphere, we're number 1.... and in more ways than one. and not al the negative ways you think. Ya know, it takes a very small minded or young punk to say the things you say, especially when all of your information comes via the internet. Google must be good over there, huh ?? Oops, that's about all ya have over there. Sure, you have stunning landscapes, but that's about the end of it. Won't go into your problems, like you threw your immature notions on us, but suffice it to say..... you ain't sitting none to purrty yourself.

Thanks for the lively chat. :banghead:

ikarasu

New york is also a hub city.

Theres many factors in why some places got hit harder than the rest - NY Has a major airport that has a lot of international travel... Even if youre not going to USA, NY has a ton of layovers. They got hit right at break time as well, Everyone is packed in like sardines...etc.

It's too easy to blame just Trump. I believe the way he handled it has made it worst... But it's not all on him. A lot of states and companies are ignoring his advice / wants and making their own rules - he cant force a state to open up (Although he's tried) He can't force a state to not make mask wearing a law, or to start up schools, or any of that - A lot of states have closed down and bypassed him... yet theyre still getting hit hard.

Things would be a lot better if he had started off wearing a mask, theres no doubt in that. But even now that he recommends it you have crazies saying it's going to kill them and he's being forced to by Democrats and thats the only reason.

Health shouldn't be about politics, but that goes both ways. It's easy to blame Trump for his faults, but you can't look past everyone elses - from the people refusing to wear a mask, to the people who thought / still think this is just a flu, to the opposition that fight trump every step of the way, even when he's doing something properly... such as closing borders to china early, or mocking him for now wearing a mask.

Sad truth is in the current climate, neither side will work together - Thats why you need to do your own research, trust the professionals: IE The doctors / disease control people... Not the politicians. Love trump or hate trump, he knows shit all about this Virus... Same as all the democratic candidates. Now... this isn't a dig at america, but You'll notice the cities / places that are doing a lot better (Including American cities) are the ones where the people in charge are taking a step back and following the directions of the health leadership.

I think thats the biggest flaw in politics, USA, Canada... NZ, everyones. At a time of War the president / prime minister gets granted a huge chunk of power they otherwise wouldn't have... Why dont we have a health official who can do the same?

At work (At least in Canada) ... your boss, the president... even the owner of the company can't over rule what a OFA attendant says. If I saw someone with a stubbed toe and I said call an ambulance... even if it's ridiculous and stupid, The guy who take a one day course has final say and cant be over-ruled. the onlytime he can be over ruled is by someone equal, or higher than him on the health totem pole. I guess back when our Countries politics were being made... no one imagined a disease that would affect the whole country. But I feel like during times of a pandemic, a medical professional should be calling the shops on if we stay open or closed... not the president.

Jeremiah

It's the same thing as when the experts told Americans to severely limit fats in the Seventies... What I have read is there is strong evidence a low fat diet harms your brain & is contributing to rising alzheimer cases. From what I understand, many physicians who deal with Alzheimer patients, are now putting them on diets with very high levels of fats..
Including the "unhealthy" animal fats.
Fat the new brain food. You can see a "Smart" person across the football field

Jeremiah

I was in the ER (not as a patient) a few nights ago and it was like a scene from a third world country. They were over 100% full, the patient I was there with was they put in a closet blocked off with a blue tarp and a makeshift zipper to close it. There was no bed, just a chair a small medical table. The entire wing you could hear people screaming, coughing up lungs and babies crying a coughing. People were yelling for nurses and the staff was running around like chickens with their heads cut off. That was insane.. and this was in Plano, TX.

This virus is nasty stuff, even for healthy.
So you are standing up here and saying its ALL TRUE right ?

BUCKY

not fact. Why even spread bullshit? You dont even fill out the paperwork until youre at the front right before youre tested. So how would the lab even receive your information? Your info also goes with the sample, they have procedures in place. What good does it serve anyone to make stuff up?
Believe what you want. I personally know 4 people who had this happen. We have drive ups here and they have you fill out the paperwork while you are waiting in line
to speed up the process.

Jeremiah

So many others state the virus is political b s , and dont wear a mask etc on. Just confirming your statement as you were in the hospital and saw it

Reveal1

You are misinformed about immigrants. You have the most foreign-born, but some of them are over 100 years old. Per year, for the last ten or so, your immigration rates are nowhere near the most per head.

As to China, the US always has to have a boogeyman, Trump has made China your latest.

I guess when your entire society is based on making war, you’ve always got to have somethin* to keep the rubes fooled.

it seems to be working.[/QUOTE]
"Will you have whiskey with your water
Or sugar with your tea
What are these crazy questions
That they're asking of me"

Johnny's off his meds and reminiscing about the 70's