• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Think Twice About Using Signwarehouse!!!

MikesSigns

Customer service sucks EVERYWHERE at some point. You may had caught someone in a bad situation at the time. Those who suck less....WIN. i'm sure I have had that bad day too for someone else. Thats not my goal or part of my business plan, it just comes across rough or short. I hope my 6 posts in the past two years doesn't disqualify me. I usually skip over all the BS and find helpful threads and hints that help me succeed. Thanks to all.

Mike

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have had lots of conversations with managers at SignWarehouse and do not for a minute think that they do not care about delivering the best quality and service possible. For a company their size, that delivers the amount of goods they do, I would guess that the times they drop the ball amount to no more and probably less than their peers. But because of their size ... one of the largest ... you're simply going to hear their name more often.

Using Signs 101 as a tool of your anger or frustration may be permitted because we operate on free speech here, but it certainly lacks any semblance of good manners, fairness or any concern over achieving anything positive.

wobblez

Alot of yall have said that I come here to bad mouth or bash Signwarehouse, but I have not, I have come on here to tell what has happened to me. That is more what you would call a review by a customers. I am sure all of you have at one time looked up a review or find what others have to say about a product or company. I think if I was bashing them ever other post I made would be bad mouthing them, but no I have said what has happened to me in one post. I am sorry that me review of this company has made some of yall so mad.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Alot of yall have said that I come here to bad mouth or bash Signwarehouse, but I have not, I have come on here to tell what has happened to me. That is more what you would call a review by a customers. I am sure all of you have at one time looked up a review or find what others have to say about a product or company. I think if I was bashing them ever other post I made would be bad mouthing them, but no I have said what has happened to me in one post. I am sorry that me review of this company has made some of yall so mad.

1. We have a reviews section where you could have made your feelings known. You instead chose to do it in an open forum (hey .. you're call) which magnifies its effect 1,000 fold.

2. As far as whether you are doing so to bash or bad mouth SignWarehouse: Look at your title. Look at your words. Your choices are clearly intended to evoke an inflamed reaction and provide lasting negative impressions among most who simply read your headline and not your post.

3. To make this your first post after joining ten months ago demonstrates that your emotions on this issue are running very high and that your goal is to either put SignWarehouse in a bad position in order to achieve some outcome favorable to you or to simply embarrass them and cost them business.

4. No one is "mad" at you. This is a forum where we ask, answer, share and debate. Your motivation for this thread is, IMHO, highly suspect. Giving you the maximum benefit of the doubt, I would guess that you have very little clue how large organizations like SignWarehouse work and the struggle it is to keep their quality up.

I'm in Florida also and do not find it logistically realistic to deal with a supplier who is going to ship to me from Texas or Kentucky. So I deal with ones who are within a one day zone to me and who stock the items I need and prefer. Recently, I experienced a very inconvenient delay when one of them quoted shipment from their nearest warehouse and instead shipped it from somewhere else resulting in it taking three days to get to me. I took it up with them privately. Had it not been handled satisfactorily, I would have started shopping for their replacement. I personally think that is what you should have done.

To call a supplier out in an open forum for dropping the ball on an order is highly suspect, ridiculous and petty. Such an action should be reserved for out and out crimes, scams and frauds. So that's my side of the debate because readers of this thread need more than just your point of view to go by.

wobblez

1. We have a reviews section where you could have made your feelings known. You instead chose to do it in an open forum (hey .. you're call) which magnifies its effect 1,000 fold.

2. As far as whether you are doing so to bash or bad mouth SignWarehouse: Look at your title. Look at your words. Your choices are clearly intended to evoke an inflamed reaction and provide lasting negative impressions among most who simply read your headline and not your post.

3. To make this your first post after joining ten months ago demonstrates that your emotions on this issue are running very high and that your goal is to either put SignWarehouse in a bad position in order to achieve some outcome favorable to you or to simply embarrass them and cost them business.

4. No one is "mad" at you. This is a forum where we ask, answer, share and debate. Your motivation for this thread is, IMHO, highly suspect. Giving you the maximum benefit of the doubt, I would guess that you have very little clue how large organizations like SignWarehouse work and the struggle it is to keep their quality up.

I'm in Florida also and do not find it logistically realistic to deal with a supplier who is going to ship to me from Texas or Kentucky. So I deal with ones who are within a one day zone to me and who stock the items I need and prefer. Recently, I experienced a very inconvenient delay when one of them quoted shipment from their nearest warehouse and instead shipped it from somewhere else resulting in it taking three days to get to me. I took it up with them privately. Had it not been handled satisfactorily, I would have started shopping for their replacement. I personally think that is what you should have done.

To call a supplier out in an open forum for dropping the ball on an order is highly suspect, ridiculous and petty. Such an action should be reserved for out and out crimes, scams and frauds. So that's my side of the debate because readers of this thread need more than just your point of view to go by.

1. I did look for it before I posted in this one but I guess it must be in your paid area.

2. Should I have put "signwarehouse is GREAT" the title just say think twice not "bad signwarehouse" not "they suck"

3. ?????? just think that one is funny

4. never said "mad at me" said sorry for making people mad. I could careless you yall are mad at me. I understand this company very well.
as for the "struggle it is to keep their quality up" AGAIN I never got there products so I can not comment on there Quality. My whole review or bashing is over there CUSTOMER SERVICE
Really just there customer service

Fred you said in one post you talk to management a number of times but then you last post talks about ordering in you one day zone not from Texas or Kentucky.
But really you have a conflict of interest in this post since you sell to signwarehouse.
As for the "point of view" commenet you made only times I have replied have been from comments look yours attacking me. other comments on signwarehouse for the good or bad I have not replied to since I understand that is there views.

cmaxdesigns

I think the OP deserves to state his experience. Sounds like some of you who have had a great experience think we all should have the same type. Who cares if it is his first post or last, it was informative and could possibly help the next individual out who is buying supplies.

About 1 year ago I too had an issue with Signwarehouse, wish I would have seen more posts like this. Absolutely ridiculous to condemn or tell him how to post. If you do not like what he said or don't think he has credibility that is your choice but move on. He didn't break any rules.

I like this forum quite a bit, just wish some of the bashing or "help" would stop it is depressing and childish.

andy

Is it just me or does anyone else find the persistent use of "there" instead of "their" extremely irritating?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
1. I did look for it before I posted in this one but I guess it must be in your paid area.

No Sir. It is the fifth category down in our Products and Vendors Review Section and it is open to all members. It is also listed in our Main Menu. Here's a link. The whole idea is that it becomes a permanent single place to look for the good and the bad on any product or vendor.

2. Should I have put "signwarehouse is GREAT" the title just say think twice not "bad signwarehouse" not "they suck"

You are either disregarding the impression your choice of words make or you do not care. Think Twice About Using Signwarehouse!!! carries huge negativity with it. Without even reading the thread or your opening post, the impression given to any reader as well as the search engines is lasting and very damaging.

If you found out a year from now that your post and choice of words had cost SignWarehouse 100 customers and $1,000,000 in business, would that make you smile with pleasure or perhaps feel like that was a result that exceeded your intentions?

3. ?????? just think that one is funny

You can certainly kid yourself about that but that is how some others and I perceive your actions. Your posts or lack thereof and their content are what many members here go by in sizing you or anyone else up. Is the member helpful to others? Does the member do their homework before they ask for help? Does the member not participate for ten months and then open up with a damning thread over a customer service issue that probably should have just been shrugged off or dealt with privately?

4. never said "mad at me" said sorry for making people mad. I could careless you yall are mad at me. I understand this company very well.
as for the "struggle it is to keep their quality up" AGAIN I never got there products so I can not comment on there Quality. My whole review or bashing is over there CUSTOMER SERVICE
Really just there customer service

In a forum you are well served to pay attention to how your words are taken ... not how you intended them. What you said was "I am sorry that me review of this company has made some of yall so mad." I don't see a lot of difference but perceptions rule.

Here's another perception/communication issue. I said quality and you appear to have taken that to mean products only and that customer service was not included. My intention was to include customer service in that statement and was, in fact, what I was talking about.

Fred you said in one post you talk to management a number of times but then you last post talks about ordering in you one day zone not from Texas or Kentucky.
But really you have a conflict of interest in this post since you sell to signwarehouse.

You are welcome to think that because SignWarehouse is a merchant subscriber here that I have a conflict of interest. I can only tell you that I have and would do the same for a non-member vendor. I have also on more than one occasion removed a merchant from our community and refunded their subscription fees. I'm fully prepared to let my posting history and reputation speak for itself in that regard. Are you?

As for the "point of view" commenet you made only times I have replied have been from comments look yours attacking me. other comments on signwarehouse for the good or bad I have not replied to since I understand that is there views.

No, I'm attacking your behavior. I know very little about you and nothing here is intended as a personal attack on you. I personally think your thread is immature and is motivated by a desire for vengeance over an incident I would have shrugged off. What I don't like is what you said, how you said it and where you said it. I don't think anything good can come out of it.

wobblez

No Sir. It is the fifth category down in our Products and Vendors Review Section and it is open to all members. It is also listed in our Main Menu. Here's a link. The whole idea is that it becomes a permanent single place to look for the good and the bad on any product or vendor.

You are either disregarding the impression your choice of words make or you do not care. Think Twice About Using Signwarehouse!!! carries huge negativity with it. Without even reading the thread or your opening post, the impression given to any reader as well as the search engines is lasting and very damaging.

If you found out a year from now that your post and choice of words had cost SignWarehouse 100 customers and $1,000,000 in business, would that make you smile with pleasure or perhaps feel like that was a result that exceeded your intentions?

You can certainly kid yourself about that but that is how some others and I perceive your actions. Your posts or lack thereof and their content are what many members here go by in sizing you or anyone else up. Is the member helpful to others? Does the member do their homework before they ask for help? Does the member not participate for ten months and then open up with a damning thread over a customer service issue that probably should have just been shrugged off or dealt with privately?

In a forum you are well served to pay attention to how your words are taken ... not how you intended them. What you said was "I am sorry that me review of this company has made some of yall so mad." I don't see a lot of difference but perceptions rule.

Here's another perception/communication issue. I said quality and you appear to have taken that to mean products only and that customer service was not included. My intention was to include customer service in that statement and was, in fact, what I was talking about.

You are welcome to think that because SignWarehouse is a merchant subscriber here that I have a conflict of interest. I can only tell you that I have and would do the same for a non-member vendor. I have also on more than one occasion removed a merchant from our community and refunded their subscription fees. I'm fully prepared to let my posting history and reputation speak for itself in that regard. Are you?

No, I'm attacking your behavior. I know very little about you and nothing here is intended as a personal attack on you. I personally think your thread is immature and is motivated by a desire for vengeance over an incident I would have shrugged off. What I don't like is what you said, how you said it and where you said it. I don't think anything good can come out of it.

you know what this is the reason I do not post and after this one will not post here again.
Great try on twisting the words around. I am not going to go in to detail again. but one clue "you have a conflict of interest since you sell to signwarehouse" does not mean signwarehouse being a merchant and paying you. I could say alot about your twist of words, but its not worth it. :omg2:

royster13

My experience with Sign Warehouse although limited has been very good.....The only issue I had with them was that they shipped the wrong colour of a material one time....It was no big deal because it was some stock Oracal 631 I could use anyway....I had told them I would order the right colour with my next order.....But the correct colour showed up a few days later and they said to keep the wrong colour roll...

PS....Reminds me I need to order one of their weekly specials before it is gone....

JS

Choice of words

Perhaps the OP did not use the best choice of words to express his frustration but I can feel his pain. He needed a product he was promised would be delivered on time perhaps for an important deadline, who knows. During his time of anger he vented, just like I'm sure many would. In 2 or 3 weeks after he has some time to calm down he may change his wording to get the same point across. Let's not bash him for that. He being a member here for a year does give him credit in my point of view.

As for Signwarehouse, I've had a much worse situation a year back. I bought a large piece of equipment. My customer service was exactly as he said. I was lucky I used a credit card for this purchase or I would have lost almost 4K. It was only after my credit card refunded my money did S/W bother to call me back. I gave them 6 months to fix the problem. I never posted here but I now wish I did. Large or small, each of their customers deserve to be treated like they are #1. It's out money that keeps them in business. The entire problem I see here is not he had a bad experience, every business drops the balll sometime and gives bad experiences. It's the way they handled the situation. Same with me. I go to Ruth Chris steakhouse and have a bad steak, I'm not mad because I know they will fix it as soon as I ask them to. Same with S/W, they should have fixed his problem (at their expense).

I oftem look here for how companies treat other members and make purchases based on that. Again I could care less if they make mistakes (Lord knows I do) all I care about is how they handle the mistake.

I could be wrong but I get the feeling there is some bashing of the OP for speaking his mind and experience.

Jillbeans

I wonder if things would be different if the OPs initial post after being on 101 for 10 months would have been to b!tch about Avery?
Then we all would have gathered around the campfire with him and sung Kumbaya.
I feel bad that he had a bad experience with a supplier, and am interested to hear that he is not alone.
Will this make me re-think ordering from Sign Warehouse?
I don't order from them anyway as I am lucky enough to have two good local suppliers.
Love.....Jill

mark galoob

after reading that first post that your order did not arrive on time i have to wonder a couple of things...sw advised you that it was not their fault...you said you ordered this last week, and i recall that the last 2 weeks were some of the worst ice storms the US has ever had...ultimatly, it left the package carriers like ups, and fed ex, totally at the mercy of the weather...i shipped a banner on this last monday from fort worth... my cust called on thursday because it hadnt arrived, and when i tracked it it was still in fort worth. thats 4 days of sitting in ups terminal in fort worth because the whole country was locked in.

it sounds to me like you could not accept this when sign wharehouse tried to explain that to you, and you became rude enough to them, that they flat out fired you. then you went and got revenge on them for firing you by dogging them to thousands of their customers. no disrespect to you at all, just trying to put another perspective on this.

i would venture even more to say that this delay maybe cost you money, or a valuable customer. so now you are causing sw to lose valuable customers. seriously, i feel you should have explained the situation with sw explanation of why your order did not get to you.

ps, how many posts this person has done, or if its his first post or not has no relevence to the validity or invalitity of his issue. all that does is cause this forum in general to be bashed even more by childish bullying...

mark galoob

Craig Sjoquist

My experience with SIGNWAREHOUSE has been GREAT they treated me like I was a long time good customer 1st time and every time I talked with them.

It is easy to be treated well when you expect little and treat others like royalty.

Todd M Castle

after reading that first post that your order did not arrive on time i have to wonder a couple of things...sw advised you that it was not their fault...you said you ordered this last week, and i recall that the last 2 weeks were some of the worst ice storms the US has ever had...ultimatly, it left the package carriers like ups, and fed ex, totally at the mercy of the weather...i shipped a banner on this last monday from fort worth... my cust called on thursday because it hadnt arrived, and when i tracked it it was still in fort worth. thats 4 days of sitting in ups terminal in fort worth because the whole country was locked in.

it sounds to me like you could not accept this when sign wharehouse tried to explain that to you, and you became rude enough to them, that they flat out fired you. then you went and got revenge on them for firing you by dogging them to thousands of their customers. no disrespect to you at all, just trying to put another perspective on this.

i would venture even more to say that this delay maybe cost you money, or a valuable customer. so now you are causing sw to lose valuable customers. seriously, i feel you should have explained the situation with sw explanation of why your order did not get to you.

ps, how many posts this person has done, or if its his first post or not has no relevence to the validity or invalitity of his issue. all that does is cause this forum in general to be bashed even more by childish bullying...

mark galoob

I don't know the whole situation of course, but speaking of the weather I did just one quick search of UPS shipments out of Texas and customer service via UPS and this is just the first page that came up.

"According to the UPS website , my package has been stuck in mesquite, tx for 3 days. I called today and spoke to a customer service rep, i asked her if i could just pick up my package since i only live about 20 minutes from mesquite. She said that she doesnt even know if my package is there. they dont know where my package is, this is unacceptable. I dont know whats going on in Mesquite but the weather was fine today and the roads arent icy any more so they need to quit using that as an excuse and they need to atleast need to know where the heck my package is. this whole situation is very annoying. i will never use UPS again "
Cate

"USPS Priority mail would have had my package here by now. It's been over a week and my package is stuck in TX with no delivery date. USPS is the way I'm having anything shipped anymore. "
Stephen

"Dayum...I have a package that was due here on the 6th. It's stuck in Texas too. WHAT'S UP WITH THAT???? "
DONNA

These are just a small amount of posts on 2/12/11. Again I'm not saying it is weather related but could be.

Mainframe

I got skunked on 2 shipments last week, one got delivered by ups, 2 days after the trade show, (had a 3 day window), also one banner shipment never arrived & the tracking says it is being shipped back to me (gotta love usps), oh well gotta roll with the punches & try again. I think the weather is hammering the delivery guys pretty good lately!

Deaton Design

I think with every supplier, you are going to have an occasional problem. Im not saying its right, just that it happens. If you think of how many orders go out of each suppliers warehouse every day, it can be boggling. I use about three different suppliers for everything, and although I have had a couple problems here and there, its all been good.
I definitely would not write a supplier off for one goof up. We have all goofed up on jobs before, and Im sure we wouldnt want to be branded for that one goof up with that customer.

My first experience with SW was not a good one and attempted to try and deal with them again. I was in the market for a new piece of equipment a few years back and I had called them to ask a few questions. I had decided to purchase from a local company instead, they called me a few days later and when I told the rep that I had purchased elsewhere he got angry and gave me a real attitude. Because of that I never tried to deal with them again. Who knows maybe they have changed since then and maybe they have not but I have enough aggravation in my life, I don't want to deal with CSR's giving me crap. It was very unprofessional IMHO.
I can't blame the entire company for one employees actions. Who knows, I may try again someday.