• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locals Find!

Thanks for the help Doug. I am not attempting this again. I am throwing in the towel on this one. I look at the designs you posted and realize my mind just goes blank trying to figure out how they even got to that point.

I am going to stick with what I am good at. That is laying out Real Estate signs and print pieces. From now on I am subbing out logo design.

Anyone wanna pm over links to their portfolios with a rate sheet? I am going to need a goto list for logo design in the future.

Edit: Doug, I just re-read your post and the budget I have is $250.00

Last edited:

wildside

Simplicity and focused ideas are IMHO The most effective designs. I have a Helvetica approach to design which doesn't always mesh well with sign design, but thats my style.

i agree, my comment was directed towards the idea of typing in a straight font, do a color thing to it and call it a logo....

logos should not employ straight, unmodified text i think. many logos are great without any graphic element and just being a logotype, but i don't see any good ones that have unmodified typestyles

as far as this particular "logo"... drop the idea of the "FC" no one will remember it, focus on "POOLS" the fc can be there just not prominment enough to matter - i read it as "f'in pools" because my mind likes the f word:Big Laugh

ForgeInc

Thanks for the help Doug. I am not attempting this again. I am throwing in the towel on this one. I look at the designs you posted and realize my mind just goes blank trying to figure out how they even got to that point.

I am going to stick with what I am good at. That is laying out Real Estate signs and print pieces. From now on I am subbing out logo design.

Anyone wanna pm over links to their portfolios with a rate sheet? I am going to need a goto list for logo design in the future.

Addy, this is very smart. Do you think you could also refrain from providing feedback when other people ask for opinions on their logo designs?

Not sayin you don't contribute to other discussions, but I think it's best to leave the design criticism to others.

Oh, and I hope you get lots of offers for help on a $250 logo. If you are hiring out logo work in the future, do yourself a favor and up your quote at least to $500 or better yet at least $750, especially if you plan to make any money by doing your broker thing.

Last edited:

signmeup

When I have a cheap logo with initials to do I draw a square and plunk the initials into it then add a tagline under it. Sometimes I angle the square. This took longer to write than I spent on the logo. (you can have the vector file and all the rights for 50 bucks. I'll even kern it.)

Attachments

• FCpools.jpg
    FCpools.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 91

Locals Find!

When I have a cheap logo with initials to do I draw a square and plunk the initials into it then add a tagline under it. Sometimes I angle the square. This took longer to write than I spent on the logo. (you can have the vector file and all the rights for 50 bucks. I'll even kern it.)

Do I have your permission to shoot this image in an email over to the client to look at? If he likes it I will gladly pay you the $50 and get this job off my desk.

iSign

Dammit Jason... Thanks for the compliment, but GET OFF YOUR ARSE and sketch a logo for us for gods sake... we ain't helping you to hear ourselves post, or show off to each other... we're helping so YOU WILL LEARN!!!

Use a pencil, spend 5 minutes, and do 4 thumbnail sketches ( of FOUR CONCEPTS)!!!

Locals Find!

Go for it.

He liked some of the Elements from yours. I gotta make some mods. PM me where to send you your check. I owe you for that. Its only fair.

Dammit Jason... Thanks for the compliment, but GET OFF YOUR ARSE and sketch a logo for us for gods sake... we ain't helping you to hear ourselves post, or show off to each other... we're helping so YOU WILL LEARN!!!

Use a pencil, spend 5 minutes, and do 4 thumbnail sketches ( of FOUR CONCEPTS)!!!

Doug, just got off the phone with the client 1 minute ago. He gave me some direction finally using bits and pieces of all the elements I showed him so far. I will post what he has asked me to make here as soon as I finish it. Might be tomorrow. Got some other layouts to finish up then off for my son's birthday.

I know you guys are really trying to help me and I appreciate it.

it has been mentioned that you need to have a discussion with your client and get some direction. moving forward you should create a 'creative brief' that you either fill out while you interview your client in preparation for a design project or that you give to them and have them submit to you so you have some idea what you are trying to accomplish and the direction in which you are working towards.

Status
Not open for further replies.