• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locals Find!

Well, I got a few quick minutes before I call it quits today.

The ladder you all keep trashing and the diver are two elements he loves. I guess I got lucky.

Edit: I didn't defend the ladder to him in anyway. I just gave him the same things I gave you guys along with the others I was given permission to forward and/or use.

Mike F

The ladder you all keep trashing and the diver are two elements he loves. I guess I got lucky.

If I've learned anything here at Signs101 so far, it's that just because a customer loves a design, that doesn't make it a good design. Not knockin' you or anything, just sayin'.

ucmj22

Edit: I didn't defend the ladder to him in anyway. I just gave him the same things I gave you guys along with the others I was given permission to forward and/or use.

Im glad it wasnt a bust for you. Keep learning young glasshoppa

fresh

There are a few great designers here on 101. Get a budget from the client for designing a logo and then see if it's enough to hire somebody. If the client isn't willing to pay for a great branded logo, then give him this one for free from me.

:notworthy:

Joe Diaz

To me a ladder doesn't capture the essence of a pool or swimming. Sure a ladder is used in pools, but when you, or more importantly this company's customers thinks of swimming pools, do ladders come to mind?

If an idea like the ladder isn't working out, go back to the beginning and think about the message you want to convey.

Here are a few swimming themed designs that I think turned out nice: Maybe they might get the juices flowing.

Attachments

• 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 134
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 119
  • Central Illinois Pools and Spas.jpg
    Central Illinois Pools and Spas.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 74

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Addie, although I don't like your approach, your ending is somewhat better. :banghead:

May I make yet another suggestion ?? :ROFLMAO:​
Too bad, I'm gonna make it regardless.

Why not stop offering services such as logo design, upper end sign design and things you really aren't capable of doing ??

It looks so cheap, when you toss this out for others to help and if your customer ever saw this thread.... he'd know you aren't any good and would feel cheated.

Yes, this thread can be found by your client [and any other end-user] quite easily, if he/they ever googled the right words or someone told him to look here specifically.

I believe it was Doug who had this happen to him. I'm not sure. Anyway, there are people here that will call you out. That's why it is so essential to do this behind closed doors. Besides that, even though you got what you wanted for $50..... any other end-user now knows what goes into this sort of deal and is going to expect his local sign shop do it for $50 or $75 because you just cheapened the whole process.

Not knowing how to do something and trying to figure it out online, just sucks when you do it for the whole world to watch and find out also.

Do you realize that the big guys get as much as $15,000 to $20,000 to put something like this together ?? Of course there is more involved, but simply putting a few letters together with some graphics icon or jumbled letters together doesn't really equate to a logo design, but more of a direction for some company to look towards for branding themselves. To get the big bucks, you'll be designing their logo to fit all kinds of situations, mediums and real world applications. It might even contain making up a jingle or a radio ad using proper English and enunciation. However, you have to know what you’re doing. You’re more worried about getting something for $50 and selling it for $250 than looking at the overall big picture.

Nonetheless, you got what you came for… you conned a bunch of free designs to look at and then try to look like the good guy and offer them $50. Your tricks are wearing thin. No matter how you want to view it….. you turned this into a little competition and took first place for yourself, paid $50 and left the building. You’re no better than the customers that come in and want someone to design something and then take it to another shop. Your approach is just more sly.

Hope you can sleep at night.​

HulkSmash

Addie, although I don't like your approach, your ending is somewhat better. :banghead:

Why not stop offering services such as logo design, upper end sign design and things you really aren't capable of doing ??

It looks so cheap, when you toss this out for others to help and if your customer ever saw this thread.... he'd know you aren't any good and would feel cheated.

Yes, this thread can be found by your client [and any other end-user] quite easily, if he/they ever googled the right words or someone told him to look here specifically.

I believe it was Doug who had this happen to him. I'm not sure. Anyway, there are people here that will call you out. That's why it is so essential to do this behind closed doors. Besides that, even though you got what you wanted for $50..... any other end-user now knows what goes into this sort of deal and is going to expect his local sign shop do it for $50 or $75 because you just cheapened the whole process.

Not knowing how to do something and trying to figure it out online, just sucks when you do it for the whole world to watch and find out also.

Do you realize that the big guys get as much as $15,000 to $20,000 to put something like this together ?? Of course there is more involved, but simply putting a few letters together with some graphics icon or jumbled letters together doesn't really equate to a logo design, but more of a direction for some company to look towards for branding themselves. To get the big bucks, you'll be designing their logo to fit all kinds of situations, mediums and real world applications. It might even contain making up a jingle or a radio ad using proper English and enunciation. However, you have to know what you’re doing. You’re more worried about getting something for $50 and selling it for $250 than looking at the overall big picture.

Nonetheless, you got what you came for… you conned a bunch of free designs to look at and then try to look like the good guy and offer them $50. Your tricks are wearing thin. No matter how you want to view it….. you turned this into a little competition and took first place for yourself, paid $50 and left the building. You’re no better than the customers that come in and want someone to design something and then take it to another shop. Your approach is just more sly.

Addy didnt make this thread, it's was the worm on his computer.....

CES020

$3000/hr. ($50 for 1 minute) doesn't seem lowball to me...
:Big Laugh

I was only kidding, no need to break out more 1 minute logos with snowflakes on my behalf :smile: I figured someone, somewhere was going to catch on and say something, but they didn't! If Addie had said "I did a logo for $50", he'd be called out to the end of time by some people here. You did it and it's "cool design, great job!" :)

Got to love the forums some days....

Gino busted Addie's chops for trying to rip someone off and pay them $50 for a logo, when in fact, it was you that put the price up. So when Addie was "trying to get it for $50"(which he wasn't), he was an arse, when you set the price of $50. All he did was agree to your price. So he's an arse for taking you up on your price? (not by you, but by others)

I'm so confused......again..........

I think someone must be spottin' today.

Locals Find!

Gino, I didn't come on here looking to scam anyone. What I didn't mention is I spent 40 actual hours coming up and tossing out different designs to get to the ones I posted. Out of frustration that it wasn't coming together for me. I posted on here. I was trying to improve upon the ideas.

I don't advertise/offer logo design anywhere in any way. I don't go after high end design jobs either. Check out my website you know the address. Take a look for yourself. I specialize in Real Estate and small companies. I don't do the big stuff. Yes, I know logo design can reach into the 10s of thousands as well it should. The company I am working with doesn't have that kinda budget. Its a small business and I mean small 5 or 6 man total operation. This isn't a company that is going to go national. He isn't much different than many of us in that regards.

I agreed to make him a logo only because he specifically asked. I was upfront that I am not the best or the greatest in any way. I told him that I would attempt it for him and if he liked em he could pay for them. We worked out an acceptable budget to work with. I also, informed him that if I didn't get it I would sub out the work on his behalf to achieve his desired goal.

I am not worried about him finding this thread as I was honest with him upfront about my skills, methods, and that I would ask others for advice and possibly to sub the job out.

BTW, I never offered anyone a price for their work. I asked them what they wanted and for permission to pass along a preview of that work for the client to decide. I never stole anything or tried to cheat anyone. The price was set by the owners of those logos. I simply agreed to pay that price.

You don't bash the customer that comes in your shop willing to pay $250 for a coroplast sign and you tell him $50 and he pays you for hit happily. Do YOU??

Status
Not open for further replies.