• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Update on Arlo

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Hello all, this is Arlo's wife. He wanted me to post an update on him since having his surgery on Wed., July 14. He is, what his family has come to call him, our Murphy's Law patient. What can go wrong for him usually does. The day of surgery went well and the surgeon was pleased with what she accomplished. However, Day 2 did not go as well, with complications setting in. By Day 3, Arlo was moved to ICU and went back into emergency surgery. His synthetic mesh was replaced with a biological mesh, and a small pencil eraser sized hole in his intestine was repaired. The surgeon was not happy. Taking him into surgery for the second time in three days was risky. He is still in ICU, having experienced a somewhat high fever, first very low and now high blood pressure, low oxygen level, and a high heart rate. Most of this is now under control but he is still in ICU. Today was the first time they tried to get him up and he did sit in a chair for about an hour, but is in extreme discomfort. Right now they are waiting for his bowels to wake up so to speak and for his lungs to work like they should. They are watching closely for signs of infection from his abdomen from the leakage after his first surgery and for possible pneumonia. He is on IV nutrition with an NG tube, and has so many tubes and wires in him and hanging off of him that it's hard to even find a place to touch him. He has five IV pumps, each with something that he must have pumping into him. Needless-to-say, he is a mess, but has stabilized at this point. He is conscious and talkative much of the time, but is very groggy and lethargic. I don't have any idea how much longer he will be in ICU, but he has a long road to complete recovery, which seems to be his MO with surgeries. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. I'm sure he will be steady on the road to recovery soon.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Thank you so much for the update. We've all been waiting to hear about him. He's one tough dude and he'll be back before you know it bustin' everyone's chops as before.

Ya know... your avatar.... you look look a lot like Arlo.................. :doh:

:thankyou:

CES020

Hang in there Arlo and family. Having just gone through some issues with several family members and spending more time than I'd like to in hospitals seeing loved ones having a tough time, it's difficult. However, it's your strength of being there for him that will give him strength, so please stay strong and tell Arlo to hang in there, he'll be fine, just have to fight the battle one day at a time.

Best of luck, you are all in my prayers.

iSign

hang in there buddy... you've been on our minds every day, as with the rest of the board I'm sure... prayers are there for you & well wishes to bounce back quick & complete!

Flame

Just rest up and don't stress man, heal up and over time you'll be back up and going again. best wish to you dude.

Dave Drane

Best wishes for a quick recovery Arlo. It is not much fun getting older as our bodies start to fall apart on us! Thanks Mrs Calon for the update.

surf city

Thanks for the update Mrs K. We are all pulling for him to make a quick recovery and hope that he is back to his usual self very soon.

oh man "Arlo" ;) i am so sorry to hear all of this. i was afraid things must not have been going as planned since i had not heard from you yet. hang in there, take care of yourself and get well quickly. if there is anything i can do ...or anything we as a group can do, please, let us know.

stay positive.

Steve C.

Mrs. Arlo, Please keep us posted. Let us know when he is released from
the ICU. Arlo will be back before you know, hes a tough dude.
GET WELL BROTHER!! :thumb: