• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Vista Sucks ? ! ? !

Joe Diaz

Why Is It Only Pc Users Are Only Allowed To Criticize?

Because the original question is geared towards first hand experiences with vista, In order to be able to criticize a product you would need to have used it first. Testing it out at Best Buy wouldn’t count:Big Laugh. I guess if you were a Mac user and you had it loaded on there too that would make sense, but this is kind of uncommon isn’t it? Otherwise it’s just biased people making comments about something they don’t know anything about. I think that was the original point Wrap Computer Guy was trying to make. How can you comment on something you don’t use? It would be like me critiquing feminine hygiene products.

You keep hearing the same comment being said: “I heard from so-and-so that vista sucks” but in a lot of cases no real reason why. And those of us that use it everyday are scratching our heads trying to figure out what the big deal is. Then you have the random blogs about how terrible it is, but with little effort you can find some that sing praises… or articles about how much Leopard sucks… from people we don’t know. How do we know who to trust? I say try it out yourself. I bought vista for my home computer to test it out before we made any commitments at work, and I was pleasantly surprised, especially after the terrible things people say about it.

I understand that some people have installed it and couldn’t find a specific driver, but that isn’t entirely the OS’s fault. This same thing happens ever time a new OS comes out. It blows my mind how easily people forget that.

klmiller611

CS2 on Intel mac

Try running CS2 on an Intel Mac or on Leopard.

Hey Rick
First time poster here, and off original topic, but I am curious about your comment above. I have had no trouble running CS2 on my intel Mac, but running the CS3 version of Illustrator has issues on my machine, frequent crashes, cannot save as EPS or AI files. What have you run into?

Best
Ken

SignBurst PCs

hehe,, reformat is for amateurs..

Techman, I don't know you and I haven't been on this forum very long, but you sure do seem to have a way of accepting your own opinion as fact and dismissing others as stupidity.

What good did this comment do for anyone?

There seem to be a lot of good points brought out for both sides of this topic. I don't think that there is a right or wrong, it is just a discussion.

Techman

Techman, I don't know you and I haven't been on this forum very long, but you sure do seem to have a way of accepting your own opinion as fact and dismissing others as stupidity. What good did this comment do for anyone?

Nope
There was no stupidity mentioned. You are the one saying stupidity..

As for reformat. Too many new techs and hobbyists and users saying only way out is to reformat. If you read back over many posts you will see I always said reformat is not the answer in about 98% of the cases. The time to reformat and re-install is no longer a matter of a couple hours as it was in the good old days. In many cases. It takes a couple of hours just to install windows and the drivers.

And now with so many of us running fifteen - twenty different programs reformats and reinstalls are very time consuming propositions. Is that worth it in the long run when all it usually takes is just a registry tweak? One hour verses an all day affair? Anyone who has ever done a reformat and reinstall knows the answer to that question.

Instead of frustration,, I was thinking someone would ask for the easy alternative which is...... IMAGE the DRIVES and never again have to reformat and reinstall.

Does that answer your question? Stimulating someone to think about an alternative is better. Is it not? I was thinking you would have offered imaging as an answer.. Alas, the old ASSUMEd law prevailed.. My error..

N2Harpz

This is all very interesting. There are lots of pros and cons about Vista. Fact is Vista is SLOOOW. At least it is on my laptop. I hate it when Vista plays 20 questions with me every time I try to move a file or delete a file. Too many things run in the background that I haven't figured out how to turn off yet. It's MS's way of trying to copy a Mac in my opinion. Also every program tries to go on line to update ( or check in with Big Brother ). That wears me out.... I don't want to spend half the day updating my computer every time I turn it on. I know I need to learn more about Vista, but I don't have the time.

XP is a work horse. Remember the blue screen of death that 98 used to give us. Not so with XP. It keeps chugging along.

You can have it .... Just my opinion.

N2Harpz

PS ... I like to reformat. ( about once a year ) It feels like wiping the slate clean and starting over. Once again.... It's just me. I'm hard headed I quess.

Case

Since Vista Service Pack 1 was released, I am even more happy with Vista. No probs here...

Case

shawn_75

I look at it like this, needing newer and faster hardware to achieve the same or worse performance as XP, no deal here. Vista has bad fuel economy...LOL.

Shawn