• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Want to promot. Made an add

midnightmadman

What do you guys think of this? I am going to try to promote printing a little. I am going to email it to all my customers and do some mailings.
Give me your thoughts!
Thanks

Attachments

• printerintro2.jpg
    printerintro2.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited by a moderator:

anotherdog

Watch that email promotion. I did the same to my customers, only a thousand emails. Somehow my domain got flagged as a spammer and my proofs started getting bounced back.
Nice clear message though. Gets the message across quickly.

midnightmadman

Watch that email promotion. I did the same to my customers, only a thousand emails. Somehow my domain got flagged as a spammer and my proofs started getting bounced back.
Nice clear message though. Gets the message across quickly.

Thanks. I don't plan on mass emailing. Only to my customers and friends.

mountainmang

i think it's a very nice looking flier! but as someone without a wide format printer i wouldn't mind to see examples of what all you can do with it and maybe some intro pricing, even if it's a teaser price :thumb: (i do know what you can do with it but my point, i guess, is maybe some potential customers don't)

Pat Whatley

I know how this is going to sound but I'll say it anyway... the ad is worthless.

You bought a new wide format printer...great. Your customers will barely know what that is if they have any clue at all. "The possibilities are endless" tells them nothing. The picture of the print hanging out of the machine is great...if you're trying to sell printers to sign people who already know what they're looking at.

You need to tell them what you bought, tell them what it can do, and most importantly tell them why they need it to work for them. Let them know why full color kicks ass over cut vinyl...let them know you can do photographs on banners...tell them their sales will triple if they start using your prints!

Make them believe that this machine you bought is the answer to all their prayers!

midnightmadman

I know how this is going to sound but I'll say it anyway... the ad is worthless.

You bought a new wide format printer...great. Your customers will barely know what that is if they have any clue at all. "The possibilities are endless" tells them nothing. The picture of the print hanging out of the machine is great...if you're trying to sell printers to sign people who already know what they're looking at.

You need to tell them what you bought, tell them what it can do, and most importantly tell them why they need it to work for them. Let them know why full color kicks ass over cut vinyl...let them know you can do photographs on banners...tell them their sales will triple if they start using your prints!

Make them believe that this machine you bought is the answer to all their prayers!

Thats why I posted it here. To get ideas on what else I shlould add to it.
So you think I should give more details on what the printer can do?

I was really just going for a little spark. But I see what your saying.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I'm going to be a little rough, but for your own good :smile:

From the top... I like the logo and gradient... absolutely hate the serif typeface (garamond I think). You need something stronger... you need to be a little more "in their face." On the logo you need to make that small red type white and the web site white - I didn't on the one I'm posting. Here's my take...

And I don't think you need to name the specific printer - some smart ass will look it up and say "I read that isn't as good as the (fill in the blank) printer"

Edited to add - just saw Pat's post... he's right.

Attachments

• printerintro2sj.jpg
    printerintro2sj.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 73

midnightmadman

I'm going to be a little rough, but for your own good :smile:

From the top... I like the logo and gradient... absolutely hate the serif typeface (garamond I think). You need something stronger... you need to be a little more "in their face." On the logo you need to make that small red type white and the web site white - I didn't on the one I'm posting. Here's my take...

And I don't think you need to name the specific printer - some smart ass will look it up and say "I read that isn't as good as the (fill in the blank) printer"

Edited to add - just saw Pat's post... he's right.

wow. that does POP. Thanks Bigdawg.
I love the look you showed me. I am going to work with that!
What fonts are you using?

Bigdawg

Just Me
You can use anything you want out of it.

The point of an ad is not about you or even your company. It's about how a potential customer will perceive what you can do for them. So just announcing something doesn't work. You have to motivate them to the line of thinking that says "I NEED this company"

midnightmadman

You can use anything you want out of it.

The point of an ad is not about you or even your company. It's about how a potential customer will perceive what you can do for them. So just announcing something doesn't work. You have to motivate them to the line of thinking that says "I NEED this company"

Got ya.
Im glad I decided to post here before I finalized it and sent it!
Thanks

Techman

Only to my customers and friends.

If just one tags it,, yer on the spammer list..

It's about how a potential customer will perceive what you can do for them
This is what your mission should be if you are trying to get work.

As far as getting work,, it won't.. All those features that are important to you mean nothing to the client. He don't care about high speed. High speed is what you think is important. He don't care about the printer name,, you do.. All he cares about is going to the kids hockey game. What will get him to the game? More money from lots of clients.

This flier looks really good but is nothing more than look at my pretty machine.. Any ad you must produce a call to action reaction or its waste of time. You would be better off throwing $500 bux into the air with your name on it.

I do not see one single call to action on any examples here..

We are visual marketers. We do great work in that arena. However we are not ad copy writers.. We make big mistakes trying to do our own just as our clients do when trying to do their own work.

you can read this tutorial and get a very basic idea..
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35975

Good luck..