• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Want to promot. Made an add

midnightmadman

If just one tags it,, yer on the spammer list..

This is what your mission should be if you are trying to get work.

As far as getting work,, it won't.. All those features that are important to you mean nothing to the client. He don't care about high speed. High speed is what you think is important. He don't care about the printer name,, you do.. All he cares about is going to the kids hockey game. What will get him to the game? More money from lots of clients.

This flier looks really good but is nothing more than look at my pretty machine.. Any ad you must produce a call to action reaction or its waste of time. You would be better off throwing $500 bux into the air with your name on it.

I do not see one single call to action on any examples here..

We are visual marketers. We do great work in that arena. However we are not ad copy writers.. We make big mistakes trying to do our own just as our clients do when trying to do their own work.

you can read this tutorial and get a very basic idea..
http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35975

Good luck..

Can you copy that page and email it to me please.

Techman

It's in the contributing members area.. If you get just one job from improving your ad copy then its worth 50 times the cost of that membership.

Why, because getting good bizz info is a permanent change in your business model. It will be worth thousands over a period of time.

Thank you for asking..

tampaprinting

Tampa Printing
Looks good. At least you're sending something. Perhaps follow it up with another to tell them more, with additional pricing and advantages.

Techman

Looks good. At least you're sending something. Perhaps follow it up with another to tell them more, with additional pricing and advantages.

Yes, sending clients something is better than nothing. But pricing and advantages does nothing to get info calls. An ad flyer is only promoting first contact. Thats all. It's only job is to get that person to call you. That is the only mission. That is its only focus. You are the salesman. The ad is not.

Sending anything but a call to action ad will direct that ad right into the circular file. Anything posted here on this thread is a guaranteed path to spending money for nothing.

In the above examples there is no reason for anyone to read anything more than the first line. When making a cake.. We add certain ingredients in a certain order. The same goes for any ad copy.

The order of precedence is... Headline, sub head, body testimony. And call to action.
Color only causes the reader to pause just a second longer.
The Headline reaches out to the readers pain, the subhead tells about how that pain affects us all. The body talks about the relief. Testimony from a real client who got relief is just as important as the phone number. The call to action prompts the first contact. Anything else is a waste of energy. Every thing else on that page supports the ad copy. Pretty full color pictures are good but only if they support what you are saying.

Good luck..

copythat

MO

You can use anything you want out of it.

The point of an ad is not about you or even your company. It's about how a potential customer will perceive what you can do for them. So just announcing something doesn't work. You have to motivate them to the line of thinking that says "I NEED this company"

Here is an advertisment I placed in a neighborhood publication. Get their attention & then describe what your capabilities can be & show them products in the background. No mention of the machine, just samples!

Attachments

• copythat.jpg
    copythat.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 86
Last edited by a moderator:

copythat

Lm( Y )o

Uh oh, i see a typo...
"same day service or next day on mUst orders"

Oh, and good read Techman!

Not to bright there.

No excuse for that! Even though in my defense, I was offered front page at 10:20 am & needed a pdf by 11:30 am. Not Too Shabby for a quickie!

Hey it also means for orders that must be done!

Last edited:

Bigdawg

Just Me
It's certainly colorful... but very hard to read. I don't get the grab thing. Maybe it's just me , but looks a bit like a jumbled mess...

Techman

but looks a bit like a jumbled mess...

Exactly.. And this is not a call to action ad.

If we build up a template that follows the rules we can make ads by fill in the blanks.

copythat

I hear Ya1

It's certainly colorful... but very hard to read. I don't get the grab thing. Maybe it's just me , but looks a bit like a jumbled mess...

WE do this ads to run with a whole campaign. I just added into this business in Jan. We ran a variable data print mailing iwth post cards & banners. The side & inside of our building has the girl hanging with just the wording Grab your customers attention. Inside is a hanging 27" poster with a 4' x 8' banner on side of building.

It's our 1st marketing campaign. The variable banners were 8" sq & were hand delivered. 150 of them. We actually did a variable data job printed on banner material to over 150 clients this past June. What we did was create a 8' square with the merge of their company & owner's name. We grommeted only 1 corner & attached our business card w/plastic ties. We hand delivered all to the locations, to introduce ourselves & to sell them on our other products. We got 21 orders & 8 new clients.

Must kkep your name in front of regular & new clients!

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I agree! The customer does not need to know HOW you do it. He does need to know WHAT you can do. He also needs to have something that makes him feel anxious to contact you and get it started.

Consider this a good exercise for helping your clients advertise their products. A good ad for your company shows that you can do good ads for customers. Signs are ads!