• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Watch out for these guys

Locals Find!

I've heard of this company before, I don't believe that we have used them before however. And that's sad that you got such low quality materials from them... I am assuming you tried to speak with upper management at this company to try and get this resolved?

You only get to speak with 1 girl over their who says she speaks to the owner. Whether or not she does well, I am not sure. Took days to even get called back on the issue and only after I left repeated messages asking to be called back on the answering machine.

Border

You only get to speak with 1 girl over their who says she speaks to the owner. Whether or not she does well, I am not sure. Took days to even get called back on the issue and only after I left repeated messages asking to be called back on the answering machine.

They must have worms too...Is that a Florida thing? I know things are different there.
:ROFLMAO:

Locals Find!

If you had no problems with these companies why would you switch to a different one?? You make absolutely no sense at all.

DON'T FIX WHAT AIN'T BROKEN!

Your right I should have stuck with those I knew rather than make a change.

Agreed... If this was a "Very large" customer of yours, then that's all the more reason NOT to take a risk like this without first getting some proof prints. Now you're behind on the job, looking like a fool to your "very large" customer AND you're out a bunch of money to boot.
Foolish move, if ya aks me.

edit: I see you got your money back through your bank and you LOST your "very large client" rather than just upsetting them. Talk about pissing away future revenue.

The job was priced out based on pricing from this company. So, when I re-worked the adjusted numbers based on switching suppliers the price rose considerably. The client wasn't happy with this. So, they decided to go elsewhere.

Due to the size of the job and the budget they set for it. The margins were fairly slim. I should have steered clear of the project entirely. I am sure someone with more experience than me probably would have.

Letterbox Mike

Sorry for the delay in posting the pics. I posted this then had to run out of the office to handle some things.

Here are pics of the job and the artwork. Which I did not design myself. It was provided by the clients graphic artist.

The supplied vinyl is on the left my graphic on the right. As you can see it is supposed to be a bright neon like green. I have had this same file printed before by Signs365 with no issue on coroplast and the colors came out perfect.

The file was submitted as an .eps file in cmyk and was given to them with the pms #'s required for the artwork to try to get it close. They didn't even get near close with this one & the banding is horrible.

I'll play devil's advocate here. Everything else aside, IMO that's a crap print job. Color matching is a gray area without seeing the actual submitted file, but just from that photo, that print job should not have left that vendor. Period. Addie seems to have a valid complaint.

Just sayin'.

SignaramaFL

Oh, I guess I also misread your post earlier I thought you had stayed with Sign365... But anyways... sucks this happened, anyway to salvage the customer account or is it completely lost?

Maxphobia

That sucks about the quality of the print man and that they'd let such a thing go out of their shop. I'm guessing maybe the places you normally get the work printed were to busy?

You mentioned how close the other shop was to you and how quick their turn around was (now we know why it was so quick) sorry you lost your big client.

I would offer to maybe just eat the cost of the banners have them sent to whomever you had do them before that you know do good work and offer them as a token to your client in hopes they will forgive and forget and you could go ahead and make da moneys.

dj_elite

I dont think hes plugging anyone either. Because even with low prices, look at that "quality". If thats the word you want to use...

Techman

"Due to the size of the job and the budget they set for it. The margins were fairly slim."

why let the dictates of a client budget set the income bar for you?
They either pay the going rate or go to someone else. Charge the right amount and you do not worry about the loss of a client or the consequences of a bad job. Besides this was not a real client. This was merely a customer that bought from you and got caught being cheap.

Locals Find!

Oh, I guess I also misread your post earlier I thought you had stayed with Sign365... But anyways... sucks this happened, anyway to salvage the customer account or is it completely lost?

Its completely lost I can't compete with the pricing these guys expect at any real kind of quality. Maybe someone with their own equipment can & still make a profit. As a broker its just too slim of a margin to work with on my end.

yep, i'm with addy on this one.....print looks like crap and the colors are nowhere near! fact is, he supplied pms# etc so i think he did his part.

on a side note addy......if your getting good service and quality from merchant memebers here, stick with them bud.....least you know what to expect. even if your client has a tight turnaround, tell them it maybe a little longer but the quality will be as it needs.

Signs 365

Sorry for the delay in posting the pics. I posted this then had to run out of the office to handle some things.

Here are pics of the job and the artwork. Which I did not design myself. It was provided by the clients graphic artist.

The supplied vinyl is on the left my graphic on the right. As you can see it is supposed to be a bright neon like green. I have had this same file printed before by Signs365 with no issue on coroplast and the colors came out perfect.

The file was submitted as an .eps file in cmyk and was given to them with the pms #'s required for the artwork to try to get it close. They didn't even get near close with this one & the banding is horrible.

I actually remember doing these for you. Sorry this happened. I've never heard of those guys...and yes their website does look budget.

Marlene

why weren't the Pantone colors set in the file before sending for printing? asking to get "close" isn't good enough, but then, things are different up here in Vermont.

Locals Find!

why weren't the Pantone colors set in the file before sending for printing? asking to get "close" isn't good enough, but then, things are different up here in Vermont.

You would need to ask the Graphic Artist. I just open the file verify its sized properly and send it to production when I am not the one who did the art.

I don't modify files that are given to me "Ready to Print". All that rests on the shoulders of the person who made the file.

Not my art - not my responsibility to modify it.

CES020

Yet you put your name on it as a finished product? If it's your customer, and they are as important as you say, then yes, it is your responsibility to modify it. At least in our shop it would be. It's called taking pride in the products you sell.

It's 3 colors. You can't take 30 seconds to verify that in the file for a "great customer"? Come on, it's 30 seconds.

charissabuskirk

I don't modify files that are given to me "Ready to Print". All that rests on the shoulders of the person who made the file.

And without knowing the other side of this story... if I was printing this file for you, without a sample to color match to, my answer would be the same, PMS defined or not.

Now as far as said company not responding, or selling you inferior quality... you get what you pay for. Next time, price quote it from a MM here, mark it up, sell it. IF your cheap customer won't pay, then show them the door.