• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Watch out for these guys

g&eprinting

Looks like you need to hit that "soft proof" button while your checking the size as well.

No sweat same thing just happened to me an "artist" just sent me some AI files in 3 color ranges- RGB CMYK and SPOT.

Sent to print and everything came out super dull and really off.

Tried rasterizing everything and even at 600 dpi was looking grainy but the color was fixed.

undid the rasterizing then,,,,, had to change the advanced tab in the production manager color management tab from "no color correction" to "perceptual" for everything.

Gave the customer the dull ones and the vibrant ones.
MY FAULT MY LOSS and GAIN.

Had the same problem with a burgandy color that was giving me a days worth of trouble.. WOW.

Any one using "absolute colometric" "perceptual" "relative colormetric" "saturation" "no color correction"????

Sorry for hijacking the thread!!!

EDIT; also told the customer if he sends these files like this to another printer they are going to print and give it to him like that.

He was very impressed that I took the time and actually tipped me and said thanks thats why I like working with professionals. You are a professional. Made my day.

g&eprinting

It still takes the actual printer some work in the color management dept while printing.

This company that you are bashing might have printed 3 of these and lost all profit before even being frustrated and sending them out the door. Which they probably should not have done if you provided the spot colors.

I was ready to tell this artist that it's not going to happen until I made a couple of test prints because these are going in an exhibition in the state house. I did not want to make myself look foolish. A little color management training and testing saved me.

A lot of AI files get really screwed up through email as well. Then people use strokes instead of outlines. Sections pushed to the back come to the front.

HulkSmash

You would need to ask the Graphic Artist. I just open the file verify its sized properly and send it to production when I am not the one who did the art.

I don't modify files that are given to me "Ready to Print". All that rests on the shoulders of the person who made the file.

Not my art - not my responsibility to modify it.

Addie, You have a very valid complaint here (For once). I would not accept that...at all I'd drive down there, and made sure i had my product printed right or get a refund.

I think you could have saved your relationship with your customer
1 - Why the hell did you even give those signs to your customer?
2 - if you got such great service before why switch? Let me guess you were trying to save a couple extra bucks?
3- Stop designing your own signs, that sign looks like a STD.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino, I don't have any affiliation with the company. Its a company in Orlando I chose because of their proximity to me and their turn around time for the project. This was my first time using them. I am just a customer.

That could very well be true.... but not until after you showed some proof.

I actually tried to reach out to you Gino to talk about this project and send the work to someone I know I could trust (regardless of your personal feelings about me) you wouldn't even discuss it.

Don't even try that approach. You not only burned your bridges, you told me off and told me you never ever wanted to do business with us. Feelings aside, business is business and if you come to us on the up and up, I'd entertain the thought from anyone, but not after the things you've said behind the scenes and on this board.

Stop trying to make every thread a bash on me! Its ridiculous. I posted so others would be aware and not get screwed and have to deal with the BS I had to go through. That is all!

I just don't understand your need to bash someone when most of this looks like your fault anyway. Are we expected to post up each and every business transaction that has gone wrong without proper explanation or the other party being able to post their side ?? Anything you say, I would be very careful about believing, based on all of your past assumptions and bad calls.

Like me or hate me. It doesn't change the fact that the company does not stand behind their product, provide quality service, or quality product. The pics show this. Signs365 & Supersigns (both Merchant Members here) had no problem printing the same file for other projects at all.

This is the key point. This is not a bashing, but a very important process in the eyes of a broker. You found not only one, but two perfectly good wholesalers, but in your quest to cut more corners and try to increase your profits, you not only screwed your customer, you've screwed yourself and these other Merchant Members. This is what I said many many threads and posts ago. Once you [and your kind] find someone, you either try to screw them until they can't do it... or you go to the next unsuspecting person until it comes back to bite you in the ass. Now you wanna cry foul, when in fact, you get what you had coming to you. You fug around over everyone and then you wanna bring some unknown company onto the site and drag their name through the mud because they did probably what you asked them to do and they can't eat it, because you didn't allow them to.

Addie........

Once you learn to conduct business with both your hands showing and not have any fingers crossed is the day maybe someone will take you seriously. Until then, you are basically a menace. Believe me, I'm not bashing you, but in that one e-mail, I told you this would happen. Again, you did nothing. You get what you pay for. Remember it... and make it your company motto.

marcsitkin

You only get to speak with 1 girl over their who says she speaks to the owner. Whether or not she does well, I am not sure. Took days to even get called back on the issue and only after I left repeated messages asking to be called back on the answering machine.

Poor decisions yield poor results. What a surprise!

Why don't you drive up to Orlando and have a face to face meeting?

End product is about as good as there web site. Good to see they are consistent in showing low end crap.

I especially like the no draft, economode print sign at the bottom.

Classy....

ForgeInc

Addie, you will lose a lot of business if you continue with this "if it's customer supplied art I aint touching it" approach.

All the more reason to strive for getting a designer on board. How is that going btw?

OldPaint

addy are you or have you ever been associated with SIGNS IN ONE DAY????(sarasota, venice, & fort myers???

Deaton Design

We have oodles of merchants here who do screenprinting and digital printing and are known to do good work. Im wondering why you didnt check with some of them first?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
End product is about as good as there web site. Good to see they are consistent in showing low end crap.

I especially like the no draft, economode print sign at the bottom.

Classy....

Ya know, I totally agree with you and many of the others of the quality this company portrays. It is piss-poor quality being shown, but only to a trained eye, which Addie's is not.

However, Addie still went ahead knowingly of all of this. Price is all that steers him and then he complains when he doesn't get what HE expected. Addie evidently has no whatsoever experience in designing, layout, typography elements, color, quality, substrate usage, eye appeal, communicating, reputation, customer relations, loyalty and so many other business traits, and thus the reason for so many of his poor decisions.

A few people have asked me to ease up on Addie, but far-far more have PM'ed and even called me by telephone to discuss the antics of the improper use of Addie's ways and deceitfulness. So, I'm torn, do I stop with Addie and watch him hurt others, just let him play and screw with others or point out his uselessness from time to time ??

:help

Locals Find!

Addie, You have a very valid complaint here (For once). I would not accept that...at all I'd drive down there, and made sure i had my product printed right or get a refund.

I think you could have saved your relationship with your customer
1 - Why the hell did you even give those signs to your customer?
2 - if you got such great service before why switch? Let me guess you were trying to save a couple extra bucks?
3- Stop designing your own signs, that sign looks like a STD.

1. I didn't give the signs to the customer. As soon as I opened the tube and slid out the vinyl I knew something was wrong.

2. I was looking for someone locally that could do it in the time frame & budget necessary. Price was competitive. My decision was based on turn-around time

3.I didn't design the sign.

addy are you or have you ever been associated with SIGNS IN ONE DAY????(sarasota, venice, & fort myers???

I know who they are I sold them a dozen t-shirts once, many, many, many years ago.

We have oodles of merchants here who do screenprinting and digital printing and are known to do good work. Im wondering why you didnt check with some of them first?

I did the distance and turn around time it why I opted to go another route and it bit me in the rear.

Sign-Man Signs

Street Media has been around for about 3 year best of my knowledge. I use them and have never had a problem. I do my own color corrections and they send me a proof before I o.k. it. Look, on their Oracal media they charge $.99 a square foot. At that price, I say proof what you send them. I send PDF's and have no problems.
Did you look at it when you picked it up? I think not. They also send you a color proof attached to your invoice before you pay. Did you not check that?
By your thumbnails, I see banding. If you had checked it when you picked it up or even if they shipped it to you, I'm sure they would have corrected the problem. Just saying....

Locals Find!

Street Media has been around for about 3 year best of my knowledge. I use them and have never had a problem. I do my own color corrections and they send me a proof before I o.k. it. Look, on their Oracal media they charge $.99 a square foot. At that price, I say proof what you send them. I send PDF's and have no problems.
Did you look at it when you picked it up? I think not. They also send you a color proof attached to your invoice before you pay. Did you not check that?
By your thumbnails, I see banding. If you had checked it when you picked it up or even if they shipped it to you, I'm sure they would have corrected the problem. Just saying....

I did check it. That is the point. I contacted them first about the issue and was told they weren't going to fix it.

They sent no proof at all. All of this could have simply been avoided if they would have worked with me to correct the issue. They chose not too. I try to work with everyone when mistakes happen. I know I have made plenty on my own.

If they choose to avoid accepting responsibility for their mistakes. Then they will get what they deserve by me telling everyone about my experience.

I have had plenty of good experiences with others.

andy

I'm still reeling from the fact that anyone would actually PRINT what is, by any measure, an incredibly simple design.. cut vinyl will do the job a lot easier, a lot nicer IMO.

HulkSmash

1. I didn't give the signs to the customer. As soon as I opened the tube and slid out the vinyl I knew something was wrong.

Then how did you lose the client? After "Years" of "Good" service you couldn't explain the situation to them and get a reprint from somewhere else? You SURE you didn't give it to them??

2. I was looking for someone locally that could do it in the time frame & budget necessary. Price was competitive. My decision was based on turn-around time

Why fix something if it aint broke? Any MM here who does this work im sure could have done it in your time frame

3.I didn't design the sign.

Yeah, ok. :rolleyes:

I know who they are I sold them a dozen t-shirts once, many, many, many years ago.

I did the distance and turn around time it why I opted to go another route and it bit me in the rear.

In business, you have to realize that sometimes you have to take the hit. Even if it's not your fault. That company wont reprint your files? Ok go back to your old Merchant member you used here and get it done RIGHT.
Even if you're out of pocket. Make sure your customer is happy, and he will return for many more, and fill that little gap you lost in this job.

You wouldn't understand the amount of business I have gotten because people were unhappy with the quality of printing and service they were getting from other shops.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
In business, you have to realize that sometimes you have to take the hit. Even if it's not your fault. That company wont reprint your files? Ok go back to your old Merchant member you used here and get it done RIGHT.
Even if you're out of pocket. Make sure your customer is happy, and he will return for many more, and fill that little gap you lost in this job.

You wouldn't understand the amount of business I have gotten because people were unhappy with the quality of printing and service they were getting from other shops.

Amen to that one bro' :thumb:

I actually believe that's 1/2 of where our business has been coming from in the last three or four years...... new business that is.

It's the same story time after time......

• They couldn't get it done in the time frame they promised.
  • They didn't call us back.
  • There were no communications after the initial contact.
  • They didn't do what they said they were gonna do.
  • They gave us something we didn't expect.
  • They raised the price without telling us.
    [*]They're just a bunch of jerks at XYZ company.

I'll pay you whatever it is you want.... I just want somebody that I can depend on........ and I ain't talkin' the old Santana song.

megacab

It's the same story time after time......

• They didn't call us back.
  • There were no communications after the initial contact.

These are the 2 i am hearing the most lately. with the lack of communication or call backs from shops in my area, they must have more than enough business right now. i can't even imagine busting my ass for new business and not calling them back or letting them know how a project is coming along.:banghead:

HulkSmash

Then you have to watch out for those guys who get fired from their old sign shop.....those are real headaches.

WildWestDesigns

• They gave us something we didn't expect.
  • They raised the price without telling us.

Those are close to what I've been hearing about lately. Most of it has been high prices for quality that has been 50/50 with regard to output. I cringed when I saw another member on here recommend them for a slightly different service, although I have no experience with how they work with that service so I didn't say anything.

Most of my new business has been people thinking quality has gone down with their other vendor (in this case embroidery digitizing) while their price has either stayed the same or gone up and they give me a shot and have stayed with me.