• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well it seems like he DONT want to PAY!

Redz Signs Inc.

So a member on here decided to have me do some prints on translucent vinyl for them, he couldent justify paying $600.00 On a rool for this little job so i used about 5 feet of a 60" rool for his job . and to help him out i charges him $38.00 shipped!!!! after the mail man opens his mail ( which we all kno is bullcrap)and all of that crap he said he would take it to the post officeand mail it . that was about 2 weeks ago .. so after more phone calls and no answer i would assume he plans on not paying. go figure if you cant pay 38.00 to get help wow my prices must be astronomical? i thought it was more than fair. any suggestions?:banghead:

Last edited by a moderator:

OldPaint

i got some EYE-TAL-YAN freinds in pa...............you want i should make a phone call????heheheheheh

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'd guesstimate that your customer/member has gotten him/herself in a bind and isn't handling it well. It sounds like you were in the "doing a favor" mindset and that this one doesn't deserve anything more than some letting off steam here. Chalk it up to experience and move on. Next time maybe just refer the job to a merchant member.

Redz Signs Inc.

yes i was just doing a favor and no im not a merchant member. just doing a kind gesture for a fellow member. and beleive me 38 bucks is not going to make or break me its the point of it. i could care less about the money. i guess no good deed goes unpunished!
im just not sure if i should let others know about this guy.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
im just not sure if i should let others know about this guy.

Personally I don't think so but you're free to do what you want. You would not have this problem had you taken a credit card or PayPal payment before proceeding. The lesson here is that nothing should leave your control without getting paid first.

Personally I don't think so but you're free to do what you want. You would not have this problem had you taken a credit card or PayPal payment before proceeding. The lesson here is that nothing should leave your control without getting paid first.

The same thing happened to me. Small amount ($40 for sign, $10 shipping). Mine was 4.5 months ago.

Fred, the other lesson I learned is that, unfortunately, you can't always trust very active Signs101 members.

Redz Signs Inc.

Fred i agree and also love this site. but this isent a site for people that are willing to do anything to help others in this business to get takin advantage of we shouldent have to worrie about getting ripped off buy our own communty here. in my opion i think that if we have trouble from these people that they should get banned from the site when this happens.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The same thing happened to me. Small amount ($40 for sign, $10 shipping). Mine was 4.5 months ago.

Fred, the other lesson I learned is that, unfortunately, you can't always trust very active Signs101 members.

In my own business, you know you've reached a top rung as a customer when I don't require a payment up front to get your work done. We have only one customer who runs an account with us ... everyone else is credit card or COD. People expect to be asked for such and I don't see why anyone filling an order doesn't do so.

Fred i agree and also love this site. but this isent a site for people that are willing to do anything to help others in this business to get takin advantage of we shouldent have to worrie about getting ripped off buy our own communty here. in my opion i think that if we have trouble from these people that they should get banned from the site when this happens.

I don't know enough about your situation to know if you were taken advantage of or are just dealing with someone who may be going through a failure of some sort and, therefore, behaving badly. Call them out if you want. If you feel they should be banned, file a complaint with me privately with as much in the way of details as you can supply. I'll then look into the matter and contact the other member to determine what needs to be done.

SignaramaFL

unfortuently just because this is a sign site does not make it any different from the rest of the world, there will ALWAYS be people that will rip off and scam other people. Personally I think it's a bit naive to think otherwise.

John Butto

Maybe it os the same person who did not pay signcrafters london and there was someone else last month who could not get paid something like $600. There is a Member Shoutout that is for Good service, start one for Bad.

@John Butto: I checked with Redz. It is not the same person, but from the same area. Black eye for Ky for sure.

@Fred: I have the same policy at my shop. I thought an active Signs101 member with 1,000 posts would be honest. I know I'd never stiff a fellow member in fear of being called out here.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Wow, where to start on this one ?? :banghead:

I know anyone can do anything they want or choose, but if you're gonna act like a Merchant Member, BUT not pay to be one.... how is that any different from what you're bitchin' about ??

You get burned for $38. and wanna start getting people banned ??

If that was the case..... how many of your regular customers get treated as such when they don't pay ?? Oh, that's right, your customers pay up front.... No payment, no service. Trying to be nice ?? How so ??

Did this person contact you specifically to do this $38 job and then blow you off..... or did you respond to someone asking for some pricing ?? Oops, that falls into the Merchant Membership part again.

So, how is it regular members are now acting as Merchant Members, but not paying the price ??

You're not taking anything away from me, but there are a bunch of members in your neck of the woods and some of them just happen to be Merchant Members, so in a sense, you are stealing from them. Should we ban your butt for doing such a deed ?? In my opinion, what you are doing is worse than someone stiffing you for $38 bucks.

Call 'em out ?? What a joke. Settle your problems yourself. Don't expect muscle from the very people YOU'RE stealing from. :doh: