• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Well it seems like he DONT want to PAY!

HulkSmash

Don't expect muscle from the very people YOU'RE stealing from. :doh:

Not necessarily Gino...
members off this site have sent me emails to do work for them because i'm close to where they are located... and it's just darn convenient for them.

When people ask for something to be wholesale'd on this site i have, and always will reference the merchant member directory. But it's those few times when someone directly emails you, do you expect people to turn those down as well? Am i stealing if i take a job from someone 10 miles from me that found me VIA this site, and i wholesale for them?​

Gino, if you are trying to include me in your blanket statement, I have no desires or intentions of stealing business from merchant members. I tried to do a one-time favor for a fellow signmaker whose shop is an hour or so down the road. I doubt any MM will miss the revenue from that one POS Happy Birthday banner.

Redz Signs Inc.

SO i guess everytime i pick up the phone to answer a call im setaling from another business? hummmm... i think not! have you have never done a favor? i bet you have.. as far a muscle i never asked for your imput thats why this is a open forum. o snap! i guess everytime someone lends expert advice on digital printers and solves a problem they are stealing from techs right!? WOW i guess where all theives here, call the cops! have this man arrested for "providing a favor infringment" <~~~nuff said.

signage

Gino Fred has said in the past that people can do work for other from this site, they just can not offer a service without being a Merchant Member. Now if someone want to help someone that is on them. Just last month a MM was complaining about someone avoiding them for payment and if finally got straightened out! I do not think that Fred should have to get involved in other peoples businesses, it is your business and you choose how you want to deal with customers.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's why I asked him how the sale came in. Did he solicit it or just how did he respond or get notified ??

It's not my site, but I know lotsa things go on behind the scenes here. I was a part of that in the very beginning. I didn't know the ins & outs, but knew that taking certain jobs from this site was a no-no. It doesn't take any kinda smarts to know that one. So, we joined up within a month or two of getting our first order.

I would venture to say, what you're doing is a lot of what many here are doing. Not intentionally, but taking advantage of a small flaw in the rules. Doing someone a favor or being close for convenience is nice, but then why does everyone.... and I mean EVERYONE, bitch when someone is found going on line and buying something cheaper for whatever reason and then everyone here coming down on that person ?? Was it for convenience ?? Was it for price ?? Was it for expertise ?? It sure as heck wasn't for a favor or to be nice.

My feelings are this.... if someone here is wholesaling to other members here, they should become a Merchant Member. That's the whole point behind it. They shouldn't have to be asked or told what right from wrong is..... just to do the right thing. Keeping it hush-hush is wrong in my book. That's cheating... and I'm not terribly fond of cheaters.... or liars

Color, I'm not calling you that, not at all. I'm inviting you to look at what you might be doing and what this OP is doing along with many of others and ask yourself/ves.... should I sign up to be a Merchant Member ?? If this happened one time, no big deal, but only you can answer those questions.

HulkSmash

That's why I asked him how the sale came in. Did he solicit it or just how did he respond or get notified ??

It's not my site, but I know lotsa things go on behind the scenes here. I was a part of that in the very beginning. I didn't know the ins & outs, but knew that taking certain jobs from this site was a no-no. It doesn't take any kinda smarts to know that one. So, we joined up within a month or two of getting our first order.

I would venture to say, what you're doing is a lot of what many here are doing. Not intentionally, but taking advantage of a small flaw in the rules. Doing someone a favor or being close for convenience is nice, but then why does everyone.... and I mean EVERYONE, bitch when someone is found going on line and buying something cheaper for whatever reason and then everyone here coming down on that person ?? Was it for convenience ?? Was it for price ?? Was it for expertise ?? It sure as heck wasn't for a favor or to be nice.

My feelings are this.... if someone here is wholesaling to other members here, they should become a Merchant Member. That's the whole point behind it. They shouldn't have to be asked or told what right from wrong is..... just to do the right thing. Keeping it hush-hush is wrong in my book. That's cheating... and I'm not terribly fond of cheaters.... or liars

Color, I'm not calling you that, not at all. I'm inviting you to look at what you might be doing and what this OP is doing along with many of others and ask yourself/ves.... should I sign up to be a Merchant Member ?? If this happened one time, no big deal, but only you can answer those questions.

I see your point. I actually plan on becoming a merchant member when my premium expires! (Next month.)

But in reality, when someone calls my shop saying they're from signs101 and would like me to do a job from them, i can't very well turn them away....
Now if someone is calling from another state (never had that happen) I'd find someone for them.

Redz Signs Inc.

Gino, heres what happened he made a post that he needed help noone replied i said i could do it he pm me and asked what i would charge i told him a price. he said ok i was running translucent at the end of the day so i threw it on the back end of a job so yes it was a FAVOR could care less about the money its the princible. period. as far as the merchant member thing it aint no sweat off my balls to pay for it i have no intentions to be one nor do i want to. me being new at this sight i have helped a few people with questions and the one time i help someone i get screwed. owell no big deal! then you call it out like i do this all the time and thats b/s . if i wanted ill become a merchant member and do roll to roll wholesale for $.75c a sq ft . its not my cup of tea. but if someone pms me and askes for whatever there reason is im suppose to decline mabe there is a reason that they dident get it from you or another meerchant member but thats there choice not yours.

signage

You choose to send it out without getting paid so that is your fault not the forums fault! If someone tells you to use a cleaning solution for your printer and it melts the ink tubing and pump is that this forums fault? If someone come into to your shop and nedds a banner quick do you let them leave without paying you, what is the difference? You took the chance and it bit you too bad, if the person walking in didn't come back what would you do?

HulkSmash

Gino, heres what happened he made a post that he needed help noone replied i said i could do it he pm me and asked what i would charge i told him a price. he said ok i was running translucent at the end of the day so i threw it on the back end of a job so yes it was a FAVOR could care less about the money its the princible.

Be Right Back! Investigating.

Marlene

it is between you and the person ONLY as you aren't a merchant member getting screwed. it was a private deal between the two of you so it should stay that way even if it did go badly. just my opinion.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
The way in which you both responded is fine. I don't have a problem with what or how anyone functions here or off the site. I'm no sheriff monitor or anything of the likes, but I'd like to be able to say how I feel without someone condemning me for nothing I did wrong.

For whatever reason..... the guy posts up like he got burnt and didn't explain himself. Now knowing this after reading it.... he isn't upset, but wants to ban someone for $38 bucks. I just think that's a little extreme. Simple and sweet. Had he been a Merchant Member, I'd bend over backwards to help him.

We've also have been screwed by members here, but by regular retail customers, also. I take care of it myself. I will ask or seek advice here at s101, if it's in an area I don't understand, but I'm not going to even suggest this kinda ruling.

All decisions in this transaction were made by the OP. It went south and now he wants to bitch about something HE did wrong. He didn't run his business properly. He wanted to do a favor and now turns it into a blown out of proportion $38 sale. What's with that ??

C'mon..... this is like pissin' in the ocean. It don't mean jack.... to anyone.

However, I've written a thesis on this today and donated quite a bit more than $38 on this one.........​

HulkSmash

The way in which you both responded is fine. I don't have a problem with what or how anyone functions here or off the site. I'm no sheriff monitor or anything of the likes, but I'd like to be able to say how I feel without someone condemning me for nothing I did wrong.

For whatever reason..... the guy posts up like he got burnt and didn't explain himself. Now knowing this after reading it.... he isn't upset, but wants to ban someone for $38 bucks. I just think that's a little extreme. Simple and sweet. Had he been a Merchant Member, I'd bend over backwards to help him.

We've also have been screwed by members here, but by regular retail customers, also. I take care of it myself. I will ask or seek advice here at s101, if it's in an area I don't understand, but I'm not going to even suggest this kinda ruling.

All decisions in this transaction were made by the OP. It went south and now he wants to bitch about something HE did wrong. He didn't run his business properly. He wanted to do a favor and now turns it into a blown out of proportion $38 sale. What's with that ??

C'mon..... this is like pissin' in the ocean. It don't mean jack.... to anyone.

However, I've written a thesis on this today and donated quite a bit more than $38 on this one.........​

I agree, BUT If this member doesn't pay someone $38 for a job well done, what makes you think they're going to pay for a $600.00 job, or a $2,000 job? No matter how small the amount, it's stealing....

If employee stole $5.00 or $5,000 from our cash box, they'd be gone.. that simple, no matter what the amount is. Not that im desperate for money, just can't put up with that crap.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I agree, BUT If this member doesn't pay someone $38 for a job well done, what makes you think they're going to pay for a $600.00 job, or a $2,000 job? No matter how small the amount, it's stealing....

If employee stole $5.00 or $5,000 from our cash box, they'd be gone.. that simple, no matter what the amount is. Not that im desperate for money, just can't put up with that crap.
First of all, the $600 or $2,000 job don't exist, so we don't want to muddy the waters with 'What If's'. Let's not make it worse than it is.
As Fred first mentioned, something is probably seriously wrong on this customer's end. It would be better for the OP to investigate, make calls, go to their place of business or any number of ways to settle his $38 discrepancy, but he doesn't want to do that, cause it ain't worth it. So, rather than pay for his own mistakes, he wants :signs101: to intervene and fix things. Yeah, banning sounds like a good idea. I would send Redz the $38. before voting on banning someone which I have no clue as to what's happening. If he wants a trial, then we all must hear both sides of the story. Should he call the guy/gal out ?? Nope, again, this is his problem. He can fix it or shut up.

It's only $38.

I agree though..... stealing is stealing. Taking anything that doesn't belong to you is stealing. Taking a pencil home is stealing, unless it's brought back in the next day or so. Many of our people will take squeegees, pencils and other things home simply because they're in their pockets and they forget.. Taking home a drill and not returning it is stealing. Purposely taking money and not returning it is stealing. Taking customers away from others is stealing... especially when you announce it.

Nope, I'm not upset with Redz and don't care if he does it routinely or not. He's shown his colors by accepting this job for whatever reasons and it backfired on him. I still say, fix your own problem. You created it.... now you can fix it.
Had he come here on how to fix this problem, that would be an entirely different scenario. :rock-n-roll:
As for how work comes in through this site... it all works out in the end. We get quite a bit of work here and I'm happy for it and will take this time to say my :thankyou: for all the work from :signs101:.
Gino

Tim Aucoin

Wow... reading this thread has definitely made me want to become a Merchant Member. I think it's aboot time I did, as I do have things I can offer other members here in Canada... when is my renewal Fred? :rolleyes:

As just a "Premium Subscriber", I would not expect any "help" from the forum if I were to get taken for any amount had I chose to produce a job for another member. The decision would be mine, and mine alone to give credit to that person, thus I would be responsible for collecting. But, you could bet your life that I wouldn't give that member the time of day ever again unless there were a damn good explanation as to why they can't pay me!

Now, WHEN I become a Merchant Member, if that were to happen, yes, I would PRIVATELY contact Fred and discuss the situation, as by paying for Merchant Membership, I would expect some privileges to that end. That said, it will likely never happen because much like Fred, you gotta be a VERY GOOD customer to get credit with me. I happen to have a lot of customers who are net 30 days, but they have proven themselves time and time again. New customers (I don't care who they are) are COD... ALWAYS!!! :noway:

I would "publicly" ask for help as to the best way to handle the situation, but I would not call out the person... there would be no need to.

Redz Signs Inc.

gino first of all like i said before its not the money nor was it for you to get involved you enterd this convo on your own. and i dident ask anyone to stick up for me! noone at all. im simply making a point thats all period. has nothing to do with anyone backing me up i could care less all i was wondering is if i should put it out there and tell there name thats all!! mabe i should keep quiet and mabe youll get F@cked for $6000.00 then we can all here you cry like a baby. and expect support because your a MERCHANT MEMBER!!! o mighty god that you are.

it was a simple question on to help other Merchant Members to beware of that person. now agian doing a FAVOR you think me waisting my time fighting about petty stuff is worth it, its to help you out! i learned my lesson! so screwe me for trying to help other people avoid this situation!

as far as banning i dident know if there was such a thing for this site. it was more of a suggestion than a request!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tim Aucoin

gino first of all like i said before its not the money nor was it for you to get involved you enterd this convo on your own. and i dident ask anyone to stick up for me! noone at all. im simply making a point thats all period. has nothing to do with anyone backing me up i could care less all i was wondering is if i should put it out there and tell there name thats all!! mabe i should keep quiet and mabe youll get F@cked for $6000.00 then we can all here you cry like a baby. and expect support because your a MERCHANT MEMBER!!! o mighty god that you are.

it was a simple question on to help other Merchant Members to beware of that person. now agian doing a FAVOR you think me waisting my time fighting about petty stuff is worth it, its to help you out! i learned my lesson! so screwe me for trying to help other people avoid this situation!

as far as banning i dident know if there was such a thing for this site. it was more of a suggestion than a request!

WOW!! Talk about uncalled for!
:popcorn::popcorn:

it was a simple question on to help other Merchant Members to beware of that person. now agian doing a FAVOR you think me waisting my time fighting about petty is worth it, its to help you out! i learned my lesson! so screwe me for trying to help other people avoid this situation!

Spell check would help you being taken more serious.....

You enterd to screwe with us dident you and waisting all of this time mabe it is a good time to switch the subject..

HulkSmash

I'm not tryna take sides here, but you involved everyone on this site when you made your initial post to the public