• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News We're Back Online With Our New Design!

Like our new design? Vote in the poll and post about it...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
You don't have to dig around for the homepage. It's on the main domain where it should be: https://signs101.com -- And it has recent thread replies, newest site news announcement posts, and other elements which will show you what's going on in the forums.

Sub-forums are clearly marked on all sections that have sub-forums. You'll find them in the dropdown like so:
View attachment 123230

Would it be preferable to you to see the sub-forums actually listed as opposed to the dropdown?

Well i just figured out, if i click forum, it gets to the sub forums.

What i'd personally prefer is navigating to all sub forums a breeze. For example to hover over the forum button, it would be better if all the sub forums came down as a list.

IMO, This site now feels like more about revenue raising, rather than a forum. I understand that it's not free hosing ect.

Also everything is to the right? The user name box, the ad & share box, i'd move them. User i'd have top right, The ad space, at the top as a banner. and the share box at the bottom. (they're all the common spots on most forums i'm on)
There's just a lot of space wasted.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
At first I didn't care for it at all.............Then I realized.............I wasn't logged in.

I like it.
Thanks. Glad you like!
It's a bit of a change - but a good change. We're hoping everyone will appreciate the decision to upgrade to Xenforo.

J.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Two more things.........

Why is this always appearing ?? I have everything filled out that I can see.

Also, being the computer illiterate I am.... I still can't figure out how to start a thread.
101 status line.jpg

I voted YES. It takes about 5 minutes of tweaking to get it dialed in the way you want it.

Navigation is much easier. You no longer have to click "go to first unread message." Etc., etc.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
While we're at it, I tried checking some threads I was interested in keeping an eye on. I checked them, but can't find a place to confirm it. When I go out, the message says I have nothing to be watched.

And what about the starting a new thread part of the question? I can't see any way of doing this either.

Thanks.
Same as before. Go to the forum you want to post in. There's a big orange box on the top right "Post new topic" or something like that.

EDIT: Actually, it's "Post New Thread."

Last edited:

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I would suggest getting rids of the trophies button/square thing on the user information....who cares about these silly trophies?

C

ColoPrinthead

The new layout is growing on me a little. I am having issues getting my avatar to display without cutting of Yumyum's right cheek :(

SqueeGee

I get a "Parse Error" when trying to view from ForumRunner. Will we continue to have access via FR or another app?

Bigdawg

Just Me
A little glitch (I think). If I click Register/Login when I first come to the site, I can login with no problem. But if I logout and then try to log back in, it will only come up with the form for new registration. If I close the window and open a new one, the login page returns.
Edited to add I am using Firefox on a Windows 7 machine.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Just getting used to it, but I have to say that my browser no longer seems to crash with the "new posts" thread. It was only with S101 that it did that.

JB

Msrae

Rae
Not sure if anyone else seems to be having this issue, but it seems to be taking along time to load when I first try to go to signs101 on my browser (chrome). It can take upwards of 3 minutes to finally come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.