• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

News We're Back Online With Our New Design!

Like our new design? Vote in the poll and post about it...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is there a place where the membership names appear in alphabetical order as to the beginning letter of their avatar name..... or do we hafta scroll through 100's of registries to find one name ??

SignosaurusRex

Is there a place where the membership names appear in alphabetical order as to the beginning letter of their avatar name..... or do we hafta scroll through 100's of registries to find one name ??

Go to "Members" > "Registered Members" ....scroll / advance through the pages. You'll quickly understand it. It looks goofy at first. ;)

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
Okay you all. We've taken your feedback into consideration. If the sidebar column in all threads were removed - there would be no spacing issue. Since the sidebar won't be removed - I'm working on a different type of styling. It will be more like the horizontal styling of the old vBulletin forum, and hopefully will put to absolute rest your issues with spacing.

I'll try to have it online in the next hour or so.

... and all the crap at the bottom of the post (report/like etc) and when you roll through it quickly it all seems to run together.
equippaint - I don't understand this feedback at all. If the buttons (not crap!) were removed - you would have no option to report posts or like posts or quote posts or quickly reply to posts. They will not be removed, if that's your suggestion. Otherwise - Please clarify. Thanks.

J.

SignsSupport

Please let us know if the removed sidebar alleviates your concerns about the spacing. Does the postbit area seem too large now?

J.

S'N'S

Some people like to whinge and whine about anything and everything, I haven't had a problem with any of it and like the new format. Keep up the great work.:thumb:

SignsSupport

Some people like to whinge and whine about anything and everything, I haven't had a problem with any of it and like the new format. Keep up the great work.:thumb:
Thank you! Most sincerely.

At anyrate - you'll notice the re-worked thread view format is online now. Please lodge your constructive criticism in a orderly fashion LOL.

We hope you guys and gals -- I think there are some gals on the forum, most of us appreciating the kind misnomer of 'babycakes' anyway -- will better appreciate the new format. If not - we're happy to go back to the drawing board.. Please remember to keep your critique, feedback and suggestions pithy and CONSTRUCTIVE. If you don't like it. Tell us why. And please don't be scared to voice your opinion. It's your community and if you care about it - suggest a way to make it better! And be specific!

Our goal is to not only make all members comfortable with the upgrade, but to also provide a more quality, interactive community experience for all. And make no mistake. This IS an upgrade from the old vBulletin platform. The functionality enhancements here at Signs101 should be abundantly clear as you familiarize yourself with it by surfing and posting.

HDvinyl - I'm particularly curious as to what you think of the re-worked styling.

J.

ikarasu

Not sure this has been posted before or not. But a lot of times when a post is long, the line break goes through the text on mobile. Any chance on fixing it? It's a bit annoying.

Also.. any chance on upping image size to above 1mb? Not sure what it was on the other platform, but for a digital printing site 1 MB seems a bit low.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170128-200734.png
    Screenshot_20170128-200734.png
    351.7 KB · Views: 226

SignsSupport

:thumb: My eyes thank you.
Your eyes are welcome! LOL

J.

Not sure this has been posted before or not. But a lot of times when a post is long, the line break goes through the text on mobile. Any chance on fixing it? It's a bit annoying.

Also.. any chance on upping image size to above 1mb? Not sure what it was on the other platform, but for a digital printing site 1 MB seems a bit low.
Uh oh! Thanks for catching that and posting the screencap! It's the new threadview styling that apparently needs a wee bit of a .css edit. I'll take care of it shortly ikarasu. Might I ask ... how do you like the new design on mobile, aside from the issue you've posted?

J.

ikarasu

Your eyes are welcome! LOL

J.

Uh oh! Thanks for catching that and posting the screencap! It's the new threadview styling that apparently needs a wee bit of a .css edit. I'll take care of it shortly ikarasu. Might I ask ... how do you like the new design on mobile, aside from the issue you've posted?

J.

I like it. I originally clicked I hated it in the poll... But I've been getting used to it. So far, everything seems better.

The only thing I don't like is "similar threads". For some reason, I keep thinking it's listing new posts and not similar...

For instance, if I scroll down a.bit while I'm typing, it's saying a post called "
Oracal USA Offers Forty New Online Color Profiles" is similar. Then you look at the date... And it's a post from 13 years ago. In the past few days of using the site, I haven't found 1 relevant similar thread. But... That's just me. Others may find it useful / like it. But that's the only thing I don't like so far, the rest is great.

Thanks for all the work on it!

SignsSupport

I like it. I originally clicked I hated it in the poll... But I've been getting used to it. So far, everything seems better.

The only thing I don't like is "similar threads". For some reason, I keep thinking it's listing new posts and not similar...

For instance, if I scroll down a.bit while I'm typing, it's saying a post called "
Oracal USA Offers Forty New Online Color Profiles" is similar. Then you look at the date... And it's a post from 13 years ago. In the past few days of using the site, I haven't found 1 relevant similar thread. But... That's just me. Others may find it useful / like it. But that's the only thing I don't like so far, the rest is great.

Thanks for all the work on it!
Thanks for the kind feedback! I'll take a look at the similar threads settings a bit later ikarasu. Please read the following note...

PLEASE NOTE: VOTES CAN BE EDITED!
This upgrade has been a rather large and extensive project. We're working on getting the design and functionality to 100% ... It's not quite there yet but will be! It should be noted that I myself have not voted in the poll yet. I'm reserving my vote until the work is completed; It's slowly but surely approaching completion! If you feel the need to change your vote - by all means do so by using the "Change Your Vote" link in the poll section:

signs101-pollvote.png

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
This is getting better now.

On the home page, can i request a page button at the top, instead of all the way at the bottom? or under the forum bit, on top of the bulletins.

Pauly

Printrade.com.au
But changing the pages doesn't change the page for the threads on the home screen either???

mfatty500

Why is it when i click on a topic, it takes me to the last post of the topic, I then have scroll or to very first post to start to read it.

SignsSupport

This is getting better now.

On the home page, can i request a page button at the top, instead of all the way at the bottom? or under the forum bit, on top of the bulletins.
Glad you think it's getting better Pauly! We've got a few more customizations to make and some adjustments to make. We'll get 'er done though :)
As for the page navigation at the top of the news articles - I'll see about adding it...

But changing the pages doesn't change the page for the threads on the home screen either???
Yes it does. It's just that the new threads module appears at the top of the page.
The articles do change though. There are a lot of them with no images - so you'll see the new default Signs101 image - but the thread titles are different. I've just verified it - can you please try again and verify that you also see different articles on page 2, 3, 4, etc...? Thanks.

Why is it when i click on a topic, it takes me to the last post of the topic, I then have scroll or to very first post to start to read it.
mfatty500 - The Xenforo script is designed in a way that if you've actually read a topic - clicking the thread title will take you to the first unread post in the thread. I *thought* there was a link that allowed to browse to the main post. Actually... There is a star icon on unread posts. Clicking it will browse to the first unread post of the thread. Clicking the actual thread title link should show you the first post of the thread:

signs101-unread-replies.gif

HTH,

J.

CSOCSO

I don't hate paint, I just overlay it.
it's keep telling me that I might be prompted to fill out some required personal details.
Pretty much everything is filled out.

SignsSupport

CSOCSO You wouldn't be able to browse the forum or post if the required formfields are not completed.
Simply click the "X" in the upper right-hand corner to close the notice. ;)
How do you like the new software and forum design?

J.

Status
Not open for further replies.