• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What are your pet peeves

Most recent pet peeve, when my production assistant calls cut vinyl a print ... "oh can you print me another "e"" ... you mean "CUT" you another e... sure!!!

Flame

Simple, I choose your place of business and I hand you money (that pays your salary) you give me a thank you. When I was in college I worked at a convenience store and every customer got a thank you from me after the sales transaction. It annoys me every time they hand me the bag and say "there you go" or nothing at all. I can go to any store or any restaurant (fast food or not). A simple thank you after receiving my money is just proper. And yes I always say thank you to them for their service. Whether they do or not.

I think all those years working in a convenience store has warped you a little. haha. That's just messed up!

Most recent pet peeve, when my production assistant calls cut vinyl a print ... "oh can you print me another "e"" ... you mean "CUT" you another e... sure!!!

hahaha yes! I get this all the time. They want me to "print" them a new letter, or "print" them some black boat numbers, etc. I mean, I guess it's not their fault but when I had one friend standing in awe watching my cutter run through 10' of vinyl, he was like "dude...this is the coolest printer ever!" ... ugh :banghead: lol

another I just thought of... breaking my dang tape measures.... is it really that hard that you HAVE to pull the tape out when its locked, or jam it back in.... tape measure are suppose to last more than 3 months!!!!

EricRamse

(Customer calls)
"Hi, I'm going to upload some files to you guys overnight, when do you open"
"7:30"
"GREAT, I'll pick the _________ up then!"
"We OPEN at 7:30, as in, no one is here between 5pm and 7:30 am, no one."
"Right, I'll see you first thing"

At least once a week.

Colin

(Customer calls)
"Hi, I'm going to upload some files to you guys overnight, when do you open"
"7:30"
"GREAT, I'll pick the _________ up then!"
"We OPEN at 7:30, as in, no one is here between 5pm and 7:30 am, no one."
"Right, I'll see you first thing"

At least once a week.

What's wrong with that? After all, the computer just "spits it out" doesn't it?

petepaz

i could make a list a mile long but as far as customers go...i have one that will call me and ask when his job will be ready i could say tomorrow or after 4:00. just doesn't matter, he will show up im about 2 hours saying i was just driving by and thought i would see if it was ready(sorry dude you got me, i lied, your job was sitting on my table ready to go. i just didn't want you to have it till tomorrow....idiot!!!)

i could make a list a mile long but as far as customers go...i have one that will call me and ask when his job will be ready i could say tomorrow or after 4:00. just doesn't matter, he will show up im about 2 hours saying i was just driving by and thought i would see if it was ready(sorry dude you got me, i lied, your job was sitting on my table ready to go. i just didn't want you to have it till tomorrow....idiot!!!)

ugh this happens too often!

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
Customers holding their hands apart and saying "how much for a sign this big".

For the love of all that is Unholy ... +1 to that. +100 for that matter.
Mine usually start "How much for a sign" ... alright .. what are you looking for, our pricing for cut vinyl is for overall size and amount of colors needed. " ... oh about this big" ... alright, do you want to lay something out so we can get an accurate price for the size and are able to determine more about your work you need done "... no ... just need a price for a sign that big" -holding his hands about a 9x12 area- ... well for that size without knowing more ... $15 to $200 per color depending on complexity and work required. .... and I watch him run out the door.

anotherdog

Design brief from a customer who wants me to design something before they decide whether to place an order or not.

Design requests that want an image so specific that only a photoshoot can come up with it.
"I want a little girl with red hair and chewing gum standing outside a burning house full of clowns...you can make that up with photoshop right"?

customers who micromanage the design and are unhappy with the end result...BECAUSE IT LOOKS LIKE CRAP!

Oh and substitute swear words like "shut the front door!"

I'm just having a bad design day is all.

mrchips

When I take the time and make an effort to answer a question in this forum and I get no response.

None.

Not a "thank you"...

Not a "were you born yesterday, Dude?"...

Not a "Ya got that totally wrong!"

Not a "You should join the 21st century, Dude!"...

Nothing!!

Joe,

Makin Chip$ and Havin Fun!

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
My pet peeves today are:

"I need some stickers cut of my company 'symbol' and I need to match the color to this metallic paint job on my truck from a cell phone picture that is in the shade and only shows about 5 pixels ... also, i need it cut right now ... oh you don't know what color that is and can never match it from that picture let alone you don't have a shade of brown that isn't anything between beige or dark brown in a metallic? "
Followed by the following line:
"Well if you don't appreciate by business enough by stocking that color, I'm going down the street ... they give me a better deal anyways."

Also I am really beginning to hate customers who want art, don't want to wait, don't want to pay the art deposit and don't "have the time" to get it done they just want to see if I have the art and can do it for them. I take down their info and throw it on the stack of over 80 pages in my "free design work" bin ... good place to start if i'm bored and need an idea ... today someone wanted a cow squirting milk on a chicken. ... sadly, didn't want to pay for the art ... said it was my job to make him happy and do what I want. Told him that is correct ... but I have to charge ... my milkshakes aren't free.

stupid snow days ... brings out all the customers i don't like.

anotherdog

When I take the time and make an effort to answer a question in this forum and I get no response.

None.

Not a "thank you"...

Nothing!!

Joe,

Well you got that one totally wrong!

signmeup

None.

Not a "thank you"...

Nothing!!

Joe,

(In my best Steve Martin voice) "Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse meeeeeeeeeeeee!!

Would a "Bite me" cheer you up? :Big Laugh

mrchips

I don't need cheering up but I do appreciate the confirmation of what was already obvious.

Thank you.

Joe,

GVP

Not so much since I got out of silk-screening, but it use to really irritate me when people would call it "paint" - it's "ink" you idiot...

signmeup

Not so much since I got out of silk-screening, but it use to really irritate me when people would call it "paint" - it's "ink" you idiot...
Since I don't want to be ignorant all my life... what distinguishes paint from ink anyway?