• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what cutting software do you use ?

Mattyc

Just wondering whats out there, and what is the most user friendly, My client currently uses letter Art which ties you into using their fonts and is not very configurable when it comes to setting up a cutter. Cutter is a Summa D60

Techman

corel draw with cocut pro.. Absolutely the easiest and most versitile combination ever.. Bar None

OldPaint

COREL ONLY......RIGHT FROM PROGRAM TO PLOTTER.....
LETTER ART????what version......i had v.8 was still junk compared to corel!!!!ANDDDDDDDDDDDDD...i got access to my 900 fonts in windows!!!!!

The Dotted Line

The Dotted Line
Flexi-Expert 7.7v2. We went this route to take advantage of the auto-serialization. When you have 500 address unit plaques, or garage plaques to set up, it comes in quite handy!

SignLab is one of the easiest and intuitive professional grade programs out there.

Anything can and will work for cutting vinyl, but we will take Cadlink's products every time.

Techman

Thank you maniac..
corel can do 99% anything flexi can do.. corel can do anything 99% signlab can do.
The few uncommon things corel cannot that those two others can do are easily added in with a plugin. Total cost of corel x3 with cocut pro is is only 15-20%% of those other two. And you can do anything CUT VINYL wise that flexi or signlab can do.

The Dotted Line

The Dotted Line
Just out of curiosity, will Corel/CoCut do auto serialization? Basically take one sign (numerals inside a shape) and then step and repeat that sign while increasing the numerals by a specified amount? We've used this feature quite a bit. Not to mention you can kern pairs of lettering/numerals and save those "kerning pairs," therefore not ever having to make those adjustments again with that font. Another thing we use it for is exporting files to DXF to send to waterjet. Not sure what all Corel/CoCut offers since I've not seen it. And of course, included is color trapping, separation, auto welding, weed lines, auto tracing (including colors), shape and text distortions, etc. A lot of those bells and whistles we rarely use, but when we need to, they're nice to have.

Whatever works and fits your budget is the way to go...

James

We have to differ about the CoCut, which we tried many years ago. I am sure that CoCut, like the rest, has evolved - but it was still disappointing at that time. In regards to costs, Cadlink also has two versions of OE software. The first is SignLab OE, and the second we will not mention because it may be licensed under a "bundled" agreement (unless Rob says otherwise).

These OE versions are essentially SignLab 5 - which had a very well deserved reputation for stability and ease and can be had for exceptionally low outlay.

As I stated earlier, just about anything can make a plotter cut vinyl. Cadlink's product line has some of the best value around for true professional grade software.