• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what cutting software do you use ?

Conor Knoxx

LOL, you might as well have asked "what's the best truck to buy"! .... :wink:

Personally, I use Flexi 8: Print and Cut - I believe its missing some of the bells and whistles of the pro version, like job estimating, using photoshop plugins, etc., but most of the meat and potatoes seem to be there. Its sort of off-topic but it does seem to have pretty good RIP software, for wide-format printing. (also about half the price of pro I believe)

I do have Corel X3 - but I'm not very proficient with it, and don't use it much. (no CoCut). The trace program is awesome though, and the clipart and fonts make it darn near with the price alone :thumb:

Personally, I think what it really boils down to is what software you already "know". You can probably learn the basics of any of them pretty quickly, to get you up and running - but learning the deepest, intricate details and all the functions of any top-tier commercial program is going to take a lot of time, and studying!

Many times I've found that people will call a program "no good" simply because they are used to a similar one, but the "how you get there" is entirely different, making it seem more difficult ( or even impossible). And really, in many cases, unless a program offers something substantially more (important) than what you have / know - its just not worth the effort of learning all over again!

:Big Laugh I still remember, many years ago, the first time I got a chance to try a photoshop demo. Took me about 30 minutes just to get a pic loaded into the (tiny) workspace, and I don't know HOW long to actually "do" something.... and I remember thinking "why in God's name would ANYONE want to use this thing for editing pictures!"

I have a different opinion of it today. :tongue:

onesource

Flexi 7, Corel and Signtools, I keep them both open and use corel more. I like cutting larger jobs with flexi better, it doesn't jump around.

Dave Drane

Yes dave,, it is a good one..
The problem is that VMP has fallen into the land of lost...
You are right there Techy, and I can't understand why, maybe they lost it a bit on their service. They still have an ad right here at the bottom of the page with the other merchants. It is based upon Corel, so I think a lot of people would just rather go that way.:beer

goldunicorn77

I use LXI Master...with a LYNX cutter --I'm sorta new to this stuff--the cutter, software and some materials have been handed down to me from a relative, I'm learining on my own with some small decal, vehicle graphics, and yard sign jobs...

Last edited:

OldPaint

Graphic advantage was pretty crappy back then. I started with Corel 6 and used Flexi 2.5 around 96. What do you use with Corel to cut with OP
cut right from COREL TO PLOTTER.....corel workspace will accomadate up to 150 FOOT X 150 FOOT....just set desktop to your plotter(roland/graphtec/suma work best)design in corel, send to print......which will cut.