• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

what do you guys think??

Tovis

Fonts & Such

Something to remember with fonts. People spend a long, long time developing them. They go for balance, trends, and readability. Some graphic designers cringe when they see people streching and curving fonts. With Fonts I am a big fan of using Futura because it looks great and is extremely clean.

Another thing with logos is using shapes or something that represents your business without being too cliche. H&R Block uses a big green square because block is in the name, and green symbolizes gain with money. Its simple but nobody else really uses it so its not cliche.

My business Kiwi Sun Photography has an outline of a kiwi in a circle and the business name is in the primary colors Red Yellow and Blue. The text has difference sizes but I feel is balanced by the vividness of certain colors. My secondary logo is more simple and only has 2 colors.

I agree that outlines are not good with logos. As a printer, I feel that gradients and dropshadows are also bad unless they are unique to the business.

davidcarr87

how is this one? im tryin to learn..hope its better than the last one

Attachments

• main logo.jpg
    main logo.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 84

HulkSmash

Let's put it this way. If i saw that logo and i needed design work.. i would possibly go another direction. You want to use clear and basic fonts for logos.. something that not only stands out in color but also black and white.. Too much open space.. i get lost.. I like joe's logo clean.. crisp.. excellent.

davidcarr87

Im not really trying to sell logo design, but i would like to learn about it. Thats why im trying to make a logo instead of outsource it. Thanks for your input..

davidcarr87

Thanks Pat, the guy that does all of my large format printing said he would be willing to design me a few logo's. I just need to drive 1 1/2 hours to meet with him, he said he could work with the last one i posted. Thanks guys, im learning here..just not much on the design side..lol