• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What smartphone apps can't you live without?

SqueeGee

Inspired by the iPhone/Blackberry/Droid conversation in another tread, I was wondering which apps you've found to be useful for your businesses.

I've looked at LogMeIn's iPhone app for my wife's phone but haven't gotten it yet.

J

john1

I really don't use any for my business on my droid x but gmail of course and googles which scans QR codes

Do a google search on task killer, Pat. I believe if your phone has the new operating system, it hurts more than helps now. The operating system has its own version of task killer that shuts down apps when it needs the resources.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
QR scanner.....used it the other day when getting a new wireless router....so much easier than talking to the salesman that doesn't know chit....

Bigdawg

Just Me
Love the tag scanners. Especially good when you want someone to price match.

I use advanced task killer a lot too. But this phone has the biggest flippin' battery I've ever seen in a phone (Samsung Galaxy).

dj_elite

Advanced task killer a must. I also used to use iMusic for songs, but it doesnt seem to work anymore. I found a new one called Gtunes you can get it right from the Android market. I also use colorflash for a flashlight, just turns your screen white and its bright, you can also change the colors and do other cool things like strobe or police sirens or even a candle! Another good one is WiFi On/Off it is simply a widget you put on your home screen to turn your wifi on and off without going through the whole menu. So to make it easier here is a small list of the above:

Advanced Task Killer - Saves battery by ending running apps in background
Gtunes - Music
Color Flash - Flash light app
WiFi On/Off - Turns wifi on/off without going through menu (the one I use is by curve fish, search "wifi onoff")

AUTO-FX

Got my smart phone oh, about 2 months ago. So far i am still dumb. Mostly use it for making phone calls. I have only downloaded "handcent" texting app at the advice of my smart son (glad i dont have a dumb son), however I am presently downloading this barcode scanning app some of you speak of. I chose ShopSavy, as it was highly rated and specifically recommended by Gizmodo. Whoever they are.

showcase 66

Out of curiosity, has anyone used the 2d barcodes for a business business card. I was asked about it the other day and havent looked into it. Was wondering if you can make a barcode with all your contact info and when someone scans it, it will be stored in their phones memory.

Pretty much the only apps i use is my qr reader and the weather checker one.

cgsigns_jamie

I have the Pantone App on my iPhone... I use that every once in a while, but I could certainly live without it.

Don't have very many business related apps other than Contacts, Calendar, and Email.

Out of curiosity, has anyone used the 2d barcodes for a business business card. I was asked about it the other day and havent looked into it. Was wondering if you can make a barcode with all your contact info and when someone scans it, it will be stored in their phones memory.

Pretty much the only apps i use is my qr reader and the weather checker one.

You can use THIS to generate your own QR Codes for contact information.