• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What smartphone apps can't you live without?

Freese

I currently have an Evo 4g running a custom ROM (Mikfroyo) on Android 2.2

The apps I will never go without;

SetCPU
Titanium Backup
Wireless Tether (this app and the two above it require a rooted phone)
Tango
MLB At Bat
GMail
Google Maps w/ Navigation
Google Talk
Rockplayer (media player)

The ROM i am using is not a hog of resources at all, and I personally think all of the recomended app/task killers just hinder the phone right now. I can't speak for the Stock ROM, which seems to be clogged with Sprint services and unneccesary apps (nascar, sprint tv, etc etc)

theskipman_98

Running a bone stock Moto Backflip:

AppBrain: for those of us with A**T&T they get the last say of apps that our phones see. This site shows all, and with their side loader, you can try the "evil" apps on your phone.

Barcode Scanner: enough said

CraigsNotifica (free)- put in your area, what your looking for. when someone posts it, it notifies you... excellent way to post and respond to an item you have found.

Droid Auctions- ebay app

Garage sale rover : pulls up garage sales, lets you read the ads, puts location pins on map to help direct you to the sale. (free)

Police stream (free): listen to police or emergency scanners from all over (not all areas included)

Handsent SMS in combo with Google talk : paid version can read you the text, do a voice response, more text and MMS options than the stock message service

Feebe Ringtone of Android: free ringtones from songs, sound effects, and others