• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What smartphone apps can't you live without?

showcase 66

I have the Pantone App on my iPhone... I use that every once in a while, but I could certainly live without it.

Don't have very many business related apps other than Contacts, Calendar, and Email.

You can use THIS to generate your own QR Codes for contact information.

That is pretty cool. Thanks for the link. I think I may start offering it to my clients for an additional fee.

MikePro

whoopie cushion!

but "footprints" is pretty cool, i've been Geo-tagging some of my cooler sign work ever since I got my phone.... figure someday I'll have use for the data.

saktrnch

GoPayment
Barcode Scanner
PayPal
Ebay
Maps
Weather Channel
Calendar
Radar Now
Stocks
PdaNet
Facebook
Rotary Dial
Alarm & Scanner
Browser
Camera
Contacts
Dropbox
Document Scanner
Documents to go
Google Search
iPrint & Scan
My Cars
Pandora
Poynt
Scan2PDF Moble

There may a few more that I'm not remembering.

uranium

I have an iphone, but I think at least the first 2 below are available for BB and Android.

Evernote:
remote storage and indexing of notes etc. that I make on the phone or computer. Here's what's coolest:Let's say I paint something on a jobsite. I snap a picture of the paint can--it's tagged by location so I can see notes/pics from a given jobsite later. Also, the pic is sent to a remote server which also does OCR (text recognition) on anything it can. So a month later, I can look up, let's say "Moore" and see the picture of the Benjamin Moore paint can.

If you snap pics of signs, even t-shirts, you can look 'em up without having to manually enter keywords or anything. It even works on business cards--I type "Shondra", for example, and I immediately get my pic of her AT&T business card. Useful free version, much better paid version.

Reqall:
I press a button and say "dinner with Melanie on thursday at 7 pm" and a few minutes later the appointment's been added to my calendar and I get reminders however long before the appt. that I specify. Also location aware, it reminds me if I'm near Menards that I said I needed lightbulbs from there. Really cool. Useful free, cheap and better paid version.

Craigspro:
gives you better access to Craigslist than the site itself. You see photos without having to click through to the posting. Plus much more.

Lastly, every smartphone should grab a calculator that does fractions for us Yanks (on of only two countries in the world that hasn't switched to metric, I believe). I use Fractulator.

AUTO-FX

Good tips, Uranium, and
HOLY SH*T BATMAN - I MEAN SAKTRNCH !!!
You got a grappling hook that comes outta that phone , too?

saktrnch

Good tips, Uranium, and
HOLY SH*T BATMAN - I MEAN SAKTRNCH !!!
You got a grappling hook that comes outta that phone , too?

I just checked, and I didn't see one. But I did forget to put DUB in the list, which I use to text or email a business card.

And Bump, got to have bump.

VINYLIMAGEZ

a Rooted EVO here
apps that I use the most
setcpu (overclocked at 1.27)
gochat
taitanium backup
rom manager
ptk auction
tune in radio
system panel
wireless tether
forum runner
voice search
astro
apptosd
adult movies hd (sometimes hehe)
imo chat
poweramp
tango
facebook

Bigdawg

Just Me
I use my kindle reader on the phone a LOT. Love to read.. never have time to . With the reader I can actually read again and in silly places like waiting in line for 20 minutes or sitting at the docs office.

Okay here's my list.....

MailDroid (Great email client)
Google Voice
Android Banking
Barcode Scanner
Facebook
FML - makes my day not seem so bad
iMedia Share
Pandora
Prey - Let's you find your phone or brick it, if it's lost or stolen.
PdaNet
U-verse Mobile (cartoons for my son)

And no, never downloaded angry birds..

mrfern

HTC EVO - Rooted and running Canyogen
Best Phone tool.. Gesture Search. - Draw the name one letter at a time and it matches it to your phone book. Make sure you are a gmail cloud user... never loose a contact again.

QR Scanner
Where
Card Scanner

SignAnnex

Angry Birds, the highly addictive destroyer of free time... or just time in general

DroidLight
Craigslistnotification
Find It Family Guy
Google Sky Map
Kindle
Millionaire (the russian card game)
NESN
Paper Toss
SkyDroid (Golf GPS)
Zillow
SuperCam (Security Camera Remote Viewing Software)

jc1cell

Armored Strike Online....talk about wasted hours playing with your phone.

Also

Dropbox
KeepPass
Adobe Reader
Application Protection
Lookout

jc

WestCoastMapGuy

iPhone Apps

I use "My Measures" app, almost daily, for measuring on the job site. Take a picture of the job and measure, then place the dimensions and text right on the picture. Import to Illy and size the picture to the artboard and Bob's your uncle/Aunt. Many other features, folders, sharing, export. For me, no more crppy drawings on lost shreds of paper.