• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

What smartphone apps can't you live without?

Brandon708

I just got a new app that helps you find apps better. Instead of going to itunes or the android market you just search on it. It has been pretty helpful so far. It just launched and its called Chomp. I replaced my android market store with it.

GypsyGraphics

I use "My Measures" app, almost daily, for measuring on the job site. Take a picture of the job and measure, then place the dimensions and text right on the picture. Import to Illy and size the picture to the artboard and Bob's your uncle/Aunt. Many other features, folders, sharing, export. For me, no more crppy drawings on lost shreds of paper.

so i checked out the "My Measures" app and it looks great, defiantly going to get it! thanks MapGuy!

then i came across this bizarre app.... it's amazing, but i could so see myself wrecking my car with this app!

iCar Remote

Joe Diaz

I use my new windows phone 7 as a mp3 player most of the time, then a phone. Everything on this phone links up with facebook, so I'm constantly updated on all of that. I like that Everyone's facebook profile pic also acts as their profile pic on my phone. After that I use it as my camera and I also use this cool app called My Budget, to keep track of my finances. And every once in a while I use it to connect to the internet, Buy I'm next to a computer pretty much all day so, there is really no reason for me to surf the web that much on a phone.

I want to get a remote starter app and I'm counting down the days before angry birds becomes available on wp7.

routierracing

the obvious ones are:
calculator
email
camera
advanced task killer
navigation

others that have been awesome:
fancy widgets (largely displays a clock and weather info on the desktop)
pandora radio
slacker radio
facebook
compass
the weather channel
tip calculator
where's my droid
spring pad (havent tried this yet but its supposed to take pics and write notes that go with the pics)

and IMO the most important apps on the phone are
Easy Tether
PDAnet (both apps are made for using your 3g to connect your computer to the net. So you legally get free internet at home. Its not the fastest for videos and downloads but its worth the sacrificed speed to drop that monthly phone/dsl bill.)

favortive must have game is Guns and Glory. Angry Birds is also pretty decent.

showcase 66

Easy Tether

The best 10 bucks I have spent for my phone. Love being able to hook up my phone to my laptop and have internet. Especially right now.

Going to have to look at the measure one too.

showcase 66

so i checked out the "My Measures" app and it looks great, defiantly going to get it! thanks MapGuy!

then i came across this bizarre app.... it's amazing, but i could so see myself wrecking my car with this app!

iCar Remote

I would try sitting in the back seat and drive it around my block just to mess with my neighbors.

GypsyGraphics

Quote:
Easy Tether
The best 10 bucks I have spent for my phone. Love being able to hook up my phone to my laptop and have internet. Especially right now.

CSDD, do you have to pay an additional fee to your cell phone carrier for tethering... or does it just go through your regular data plan?

gabagoo

what the font works for the most part

Cat Physics is a fun game

oh my balls is a good time waster when I sit at suppliers waiting for my orders

Facebook / twitter / skype / air horn / flashlight / shazam / golf gps

showcase 66

Quote:
Easy Tether

CSDD, do you have to pay an additional fee to your cell phone carrier for tethering... or does it just go through your regular data plan?

Just through my data plan. I was going to get the hot spot account for my phone but the guy at the sprint store told me that easy tether is cheap and works better than the hot spot thing. Glad I listened to him. $10 for the app or $30 extra a month to have it wireless through sprint.

Brandon708

I use my new windows phone 7 as a mp3 player most of the time, then a phone. Everything on this phone links up with facebook, so I'm constantly updated on all of that. I like that Everyone's facebook profile pic also acts as their profile pic on my phone. After that I use it as my camera and I also use this cool app called My Budget, to keep track of my finances. And every once in a while I use it to connect to the internet, Buy I'm next to a computer pretty much all day so, there is really no reason for me to surf the web that much on a phone.

I want to get a remote starter app and I'm counting down the days before angry birds becomes available on wp7.

How can I do this on my HTC EVO? Is it even possible?

showcase 66

How can I do this on my HTC EVO? Is it even possible?

It should do it. You may need to check your settings on the Evo. My Epic does this and my brother has an EVO and he said it did it for him automatically. Not sure exactly what to change but on my epic it has to do with the syncing with facebook.

TwoNine

Well - reading through the list (and I may have missed it...sorry if I did) I was surprised that nobody put MAPS!!! I love my GPS feature, especially looking for an install location or something like that.

I also like my Chase Bank app....I just wish they would let you have the same function they allow their non-business customers, namely depositing checks by snapping a picture of them.

Pandora is another that I really like - I take my X out to the shop and hook it into the shop speakers and get some work....done?

Now they just need Android MakeMySignWhileIDrinkCoffee v2.4....Just a thought!

iSign

Easy Tether

The best 10 bucks I have spent for my phone.

ok, first... I'm smartphone noob... for about 4 months.. but, instead of just bugging gg for iPhone tips, I guess I should bring my noob ass out into public and suffer a little noob-shame so I can learn from the masses here...

is my "app store" app that came with the iPhone a limited selection based on Apple approved apps or something? If I don't see "easy tether" does that mean it isn't available to iPhones, or i just need to look for it somewhere else?

showcase 66

ok, first... I'm smartphone noob... for about 4 months.. but, instead of just bugging gg for iPhone tips, I guess I should bring my noob ass out into public and suffer a little noob-shame so I can learn from the masses here...

is my "app store" app that came with the iPhone a limited selection based on Apple approved apps or something? If I don't see "easy tether" does that mean it isn't available to iPhones, or i just need to look for it somewhere else?
I believe my sister in law has it on her iPhone so I am assuming you can get it for yours.

I just text her to see if she has it for sure. Not sure about the iphone but you can download programs that are not on the android market for mine. I thought you can do that as well with the iphone. That may be what you will have to do.

Custom_Grafx

The one with all the post codes in it! (you guys call them zip codes i believe).

Customers think they know their address... and how to spell it.... ha!