• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Who designed this?

Billct2

Pulling into the parking lot at Walgreens I saw this and thought some kid at the store had repainted some old coro signs...but no, all the coro signs & banners have the same "grunge" blue with kiddy style casual font. This is supposed to reflect well on a place that fills precriptions and give injections?

Attachments

• walgreen.JPG
    walgreen.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 51

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Looks like that nephew of some customer finally got a job.

Gotta start somewhere, huh ?? :thumb:

peavey123

As a Canadian I don't really know what Walgreens is? but I googled them and even their website has the same look so...

Marlene

because I am a jerk, I posted this on their facebook page

what is with the font used on your site and for signs that looks like a 12 year old did it? who would want to talk to you about Medicare part D with an unprofessional look like that? you need a new marketing team

Billct2

yea, I had to slam them on FB too
[h=5]"When I first saw the new signs and banners at the local Walgreen I thought "Geez why would they let one of their employees repaint some old signs with that shlocky design?" Then I realized, no, some corporate dunderheads had decided that grungy backgrounds and a silly kiddy font had just the right feel to convey the professional services you find in a Walgreens."[/h]

Billct2

didn't really expect a response, but here it is
"Hi @ bill lynch I'm so sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. Please Private Message me so that I can get more details to address your concerns. Thank you and be well. Nancy"

Should I suggest they hire me to redesign their signs & website and then print all the replacements?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
didn't really expect a response, but here it is
"Hi @ bill lynch I'm so sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction. Please Private Message me so that I can get more details to address your concerns. Thank you and be well. Nancy"

Should I suggest they hire me to redesign their signs & website and then print all the replacements?
No, then they'll just start snooping around here, if they know you're a sign shop with sour grapes.

Tell them you are an ObamaCare representative and are looking for new avenues in which to get your prescriptions filled for the upcoming onslaught. After coming across this unsightly mess, you can't be associated with such a pathetic approach to attract customers. However, should you fix your flaws, you will be happy to entertain coming back in 72 hours or so to re-evaluate the possibilities.

Thank you for looking into this matter.

Personal secretary to Michelle O.

Marlene

gee Bill, you got a better answer than I got from Tonya

Walgreens wrote: "HI @Marlene, I'm sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction with the website design. We truly value your feedback and have shared your comments with Management. Have a great day. Be Well, Tonya"

to which I responded

thanks Tonya. I was totally surpised by how unprofessional the signs & website looks with the choice of that font that looks like it was hand drawn by a child. not sure I am getting the point of it. when it comes to a drug store, i sure would like to think that I am in the hands of a pro and that look says "lemonade stand" not "you are in the hands of professionals".

I think when we see ugly fonts and signs we should stand up and yell, "we are mad as hell and we aren't going to take it any more" or at least screw around with them

Techman

first look was it is ugly.

Second thought is what is their marketing plan? They went that way for a reason. It would seem they chose that direction because of reactions from focus groups. I would suspect they are going that way because they want to lose the high end look and cater to the working man blue collar look.