• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Why Gerber is for house wives and mommas boys....

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
makes you wonder if he licensed to recreate those logos...i saw flyers and texans just on the first page of his site...

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
techman, go into the forum lists and into the roland forum....there are at least five "ink clog, banded print, or cut issues" without having to scroll down very far...

maybe you don't have problems, but it seems like others do...

if you go into the gerber fourm, no one's asking questions about a foil clogging, or an envision not cutting correctly...

i'm not saying gerber doesn't have it falls, but it seems to have less than inkjet printers

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
last time i had a foil wrinkle...i called my supplier and got a replacement ups the next day...that was two weeks ago...before that, i can't remember having a wrinkling issue...if i anticipate there might be an issue, i make sure to print a certain way

i clean my print head about once every two or three weeks with a thermapprove card...it takes 10 seconds...i have no issues with my printing...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don’t know why bashing each other is so popular, but bashing what equipment we each use is about as stupid as a box of pet rocks.

If it wasn’t for different companies making all these wonderful machines for us…. how many of you think you would still be in business if the playing field was straight across the board….. totally EVEN ??

There are machines for almost anything you want to do and in everyone’s price range. You don’t see everyone driving the same car around…. or wearing the exact same clothing and styles. The only thing that needs to be perfect and the same in all of us….are our teeth. Other than that…. to each their own on their individual personalities and life.

Just no need to bash something if you don’t like it or understand it…. that’s quite simple to understand. Therein lies our problem…. to simply understand.

300mphGraphics

I restrained myself when I saw your post the other day & realized you are merely posting the whinings of an ignorant faggot (not that there's anything wrong with that)
That's over the line and more childish than ranting about a printer. I've read a lot of your posts and this one disappointed me.

gabagoo

I have made a lot of money off my Gerber Edge and yes in a way it is a bit antiquated by todays standards, however I can print and die cut immediatley with no worries of drying or curling edges. I use my Edge now for fast turnaround decals and there is one aspect of the Edge that is very important to me over inkjet, and thatis that when I need a specific colour like intense red or cobalt blue, I get it instantly without having the inkjet colour matching and searching. I run both now and each has its place. Today for instance I have a customer burning my azz for a rush order of black on yellow decals, he wants them for this afternoon. Theres no possible way I can do that with the Mamaki so I will print them on the Edge and they will be ready in less than an hour. Shoin!!!

3dsignco

I really do Miss White Printing with the EDGE. I don't miss tiling.
Every peice of equipment has its place.

It's funny thinking about when we first got our edge. We actully did some Vehicle wraps with it. Try wrapping a Vehicle without Air release and having to match seams every 12 inches. That was fun. Especially when Dodge released the new Body style in 96.

Have thought many times about picking up another edge for smaller work, reversed Printed decals and Static Cling

threeputt

makes you wonder if he licensed to recreate those logos...i saw flyers and texans just on the first page of his site...

That's the exact same idea I had when looking at the website and all those logos. Hmmmm.....

Secondly, and this is for the OP. I don't know you or even which forums you usually post on, but it seems like you've become infected with this silly "mine's bigger than yours" or "better than yours" mental state.

If I had to guess I would peg your age at 20-24 or so...and your testosterone level off the chart. Calm down and make use of this forum for more constructive ideas. Please.

Service Sign Co

For technology over a decade old, it's still has it's place today, no waiting on time consuming image processing, the 300 dpi it plenty of resolution. even on small prints

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey! My pet rocks are cute and lovable and are all above average in intelligence. Don't you be bringing your prejudices around here! :rolleyes:
In that case, maybe you could get them to become members here and help educate all these other 'Boulder Heads' that have pebbles for brains and the IQ of a buffalo fart. :wink:

threeputt

In that case, maybe you could get them to become members here and help educate all these other 'Boulder Heads' that have pebbles for brains and the IQ of a buffalo fart. :wink:

Now we're saying disparaging things about buffalo?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Holy Guano.... Batman...... I can't find an escape route anywhere from this world of PC-ers. We must be talking politics or next Bill Maher is going to be writing in about his findings and then where will we be in this messed up foul odored discussion of rocks, farts, and inner feelings. I feel like a :beer right now.....

Good-Bye​

TheSnowman

Bottom line, someone just felt like bein' a wa wa for a while, and I'm assumin' they figured out this isn't the place to just randomly attack a random piece of equipment. Unless as stated before, it killed a family member.