• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

why put some one down

THATgirl

I am guilty of spelling things like I think they should be too. (like alot or choose) and don't mind when others have a few typos. But To constantly type paragraphs that we have to sit and dicipher wtf they mean all the time isn't fun.

Techman

Too much time and energy wasted on this.
Some persons speak English as a second language. They will never get it just right no matter what. Does that mean they should be singled out as a illiterate or non professional?
Some of us cannot see this screen as well as others. We will miss a few typos. Will that subject us to the wrath of someone who feels typos merit a flogging?

Now for those who use text shorthad in a public forum... Yes, they should be flogged.

threeputt

And while we're on the topic. What about breaking posts into paragraphs?

That can be the "make or break" issue in a long post for me. Deciding if I'll take the time to read it.

Former member

If you can't properly communicate a thought to the forum, then why should any of us bother to respond. I see broken phrases, typo's, and grammatical error's all the time in this forum, I just attribute them to the informality of the site. Often people are in rush while typing and that's understandable. When I see incoherent ramblings I won't even bother to read the rest of the posts, or offer my help and/or input. ( I've noticed this happening more often lately.)
I almost ignored this post as well, but since it was on the subject that would have had me ignore it, I had to chime in.

What bothers me most is that you get a bright red line right under your typo's, yet people choose to post them anyway. Just plain lazy!

Marlene

What bothers me most is that you get a bright red line right under your typo's, yet people choose to post them anyway. Just plain lazy!

how does that work? I'll use spell check if it's here, I didn't think we had it

Former member

how does that work? I'll use spell check if it's here, I didn't think we had it

You don't see the red lines? I attached a pic. Maybe it's my browser. Safari on Mac.
If most don't see it, then I retract my remark about being lazy.

Attachments

• misspell.jpg
    misspell.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 79

rdm01

The red underlines are a life saver for me! If I am in a hurry and making a quick post, they make it so I don't have to carefully proofread!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
misssspelleddd

rats, no red lines. anyone see any when they typo?

They show up in Firefox. Then just right click and usually the correctly spelled word is waiting to be clicked on. Thunderbird, which is the email companion client to Firefox from Mozilla does the same thing. You must be using IE.

Marlene

I am so 'puter challenged, what is firefox? is it a server or host? I've got earthlink and verizon.

Lunatic Taskbar

Yup I do! all the time. it looks like some berserk teacher has scribbled all over my page. It just picked up my spelling of berserk. I'm using Firefox.

For those of you who are browser challenged here is the link Firefox Click ME!

Marlene

I use explorer and like it (go figure, probably only person who does). please forgive my typos, they aren't intentional!