• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Windows Vista

bbeens

Casey-

I need to correct your statement about Wasatch and 64-bit OSes. Wasatch is supported on Vista 32-bit and 64-bit. We added support for 64 bit OS the middle of May this year.

Bryan

SignBurst PCs

Casey-

I need to correct your statement about Wasatch and 64-bit OSes. Wasatch is supported on Vista 32-bit and 64-bit. We added support for 64 bit OS the middle of May this year.

Bryan

Isn't that what I said? If not, it is what I meant to say.

I was told that Wastach wasn't "officially" 64 bit compatible until this latest release (last week), but the release before that (May) was compatible, just not "officially".

choucove

I am still very wary of the idea of Midori (and all cloud computing-based OS for that matter) because it has so many inherited risks compared to standard client installed OS. If your entire computer is on the network, hosted by some great server someplace, then your ENTIRE business computation is resting solely in their hands. If anything in their systems or the networking goes down, you're not just without the internet for a few hours, you might as well close up your shop and go home until the service is up and going again. Add to this the risk of data theft by having ALL of your personal data online all the time to be accessed from anywhere in the world.

Obviously there may be some great ideas coming from cloud computing like being able to access "your" computer from virtually anywhere that has the internet, but look at all the security and functionality issues that will arise undeniably.

SignBurst PCs

I am still very wary of the idea of Midori (and all cloud computing-based OS for that matter) because it has so many inherited risks compared to standard client installed OS. If your entire computer is on the network, hosted by some great server someplace, then your ENTIRE business computation is resting solely in their hands. If anything in their systems or the networking goes down, you're not just without the internet for a few hours, you might as well close up your shop and go home until the service is up and going again. Add to this the risk of data theft by having ALL of your personal data online all the time to be accessed from anywhere in the world.

Obviously there may be some great ideas coming from cloud computing like being able to access "your" computer from virtually anywhere that has the internet, but look at all the security and functionality issues that will arise undeniably.

Not to mention the personal security and privacy issues. I think that there is already some pretty good virtual desktops out there (have even seen them mentioned here on Signs101), but for me, they would be nothing more than a temporary deal. I don't really need my info (data) stored on some strange server. I kind of like my data here where I can keep and eye on it. You think that people can keep tabs on your activity now? Wait until the world moves to "cloud computing". Boy, "Big Brother" will have a whole new meaning.

Techman

The new look of the MAC user. Beach wear at its best.
The MAC user swimsuit

Attachments

• MACswimsuit.jpg
    MACswimsuit.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 84

Todd-sta

John - consider a Mac....

I have BOTH windows XP and Mac OS Leopard running on it....very easy to do, and then you have the best of both worlds.

Reviews I've read say that Windows actually runs FASTER on a Mac.