• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Worst sign I've seen in a while

Flame

What's this got to do with any race, nationality or creed at all.God u sound so racist!!!

Wow..... really?

Ahem. If you are hinting that no country/race/religion has characteristics or general behavior that is popular/prevalent in that group....then you are too far gone to help and hardly worth argueing with. lol.

Dude... every part of the world is different. He's dead on right, middle eastern small businessmen, HAGGLE. Like nothing you have seen. That is programmed into them, it's normal. It's their culture. For us...not so, so there is a cultural clash.

fmg

Wow..... really?

Ahem. If you are hinting that no country/race/religion has characteristics or general behavior that is popular/prevalent in that group....then you are too far gone to help and hardly worth argueing with. lol.

Dude... every part of the world is different. He's dead on right, middle eastern small businessmen, HAGGLE. Like nothing you have seen. That is programmed into them, it's normal. It's their culture. For us...not so, so there is a cultural clash.
You can argue with yourself...... Dude!

Malkin

Wow..... really?

+1

Cultural differences like that happen, although are not usually discussed much because it quickly derails into a conversation about racism.

jason-23

I think it is an opportunity for you to hook them up on a awesome sign. Yes middle eastern business owner are very hard to deal with. I once did a 10'x4 oak framed menu board and removed his old one and installed the new one, and gave him the bill for $450, he gave me $350 and he said that was all he was going to pay. This was after many revamps of the lay and art work over several weeks not to mention with a very heavy Iranian accent...

signmeup

Love the braille comment!

It would be tough to tell "them" from "us" if we didn't have cultural differences, wouldn't it? It would be a boring world to be sure. I don't see any point in pretending not to notice. I have some good customers who are of Middle Eastern decent. Mostly seem to be Lebanese. I like them.

Craig Sjoquist

looks good compared to what I see in Orlando, at least it's readable and fairly level, as far as mounting goes with electrical tape well not burned yet lol

Ever since vinyl signs came around sign shops got cheap don't bring rulers or cleaners and just slam and slap them up print is work is even worse with fill with color and pizzaz, stick and lick it's a flick,

This is why I am getting work, real business owners see the bull and want what works.

Still enjoy hand lettering after 35 years of learning and earning.

Best advice I can give is go to school before ya start a real sign shop.

surf city

Unfortuantely, Mosh and Flame are correct and neither of them are being prejudiced or racist it's just fact. Sorry, sad but true.

Patrick46

I had a Lebanese guy and a Figian guy I did a stack of work for over many years.
They wanted top shelf work...but you guessed it.....haggle, haggle, haggle!!!

I fired them BOTH!! (the guy from Figi was wayyyyyyy worse!!)

and sure, I've had American guys haggle with me...heck, I do it myself. But not like these boys!! :banghead:

Wes Phifer

Price higher when you see them coming. You don't have to be cheap just less than you start out at. Price high and give them the break they ask for (reluctantly) so they think they are getting a deal and they will be happy.

WDP

I get the point. As a Hispanic I can say that my asian customers are even stingier than ME and IIIII'M Stingy lol

Sticky Signs

I don't see the problem. The bubbles will go away with the sun right? LOL

I've learned to charge accordingly based on the accent. We've got people from all over the world living around here. If you sound like this, I want money up front. If you sound like that, I give a higher price because I know you're going to haggle. And don't think you're gonna get any favors just because you sound like me.

Mosh

I am not prejustice...I tell my workers everyday when they slow down to not be Mexican'ts

anotherdog

That is clearly a "by the hour" motel, you need to quote your hourly rate.

Judging by the bubbles that is meant to be an inflatable sign.

Si Allen

fmg ... it is not racist, but is a fact of life.

My father was born in Lebanon ... and would not shop at Sears, Penny's or any of the major chains!

He would go to Middle Eastern and or Jewish stores run by 1st generation immigrants.
Why? Because they expected to haggle!

They would warmly greet him and settle down to a session of haggling ... and when he left, both parties would be happy!

Yup! Just a different way of life!

Dave Drane

What's this got to do with any race, nationality or creed at all.God u sound so racist!!!

I will never work for an Indian (Curry Muncher) again as long as I draw breath. There are quite a few around here and I play golf often with a Fijian Indan who is a super guy.
Back in 1985 when I first got my Gerber and I had the Coca Cola contract for the coast, they would supply compensation work for allowing their logo to dominate most stores. One fast food shop was owned by this Indian who asked me to quote a price on doing a menu on plastic faces for an existing second hand light box that he had got cheap somewhere. I told him of the new technology of cutting black lettering and adhering it to opal perspex of which he was happy so he could change prices easily. He came to my workshop and picked a font and I worked out the height etc. and gave him the price. He immediately bagan to bargain down the price and I explained that this stuff doesn't come cheap as fonts were$500 each back then. after he didn't want to stop haggling I took a small amount off and he agreed on that price. As he was opening the following Monday it was important to him that he have them no later than Saturday.
I worked back on the Friday evening to get it all finished and took them home with me. As I was playing golf my wife offered to deliver them to him on Sat. morning. She had the invoice with her and took them to him. He studied them and found that I had condensed one line back to about 90% because of the length of the item. He then told my wife that if she knocked off $30 he would accept them. She rang me just as I was about to leave and we decided that we would not accept his offer. She went back in and picked them up and told him to forget it and we would write it off. He didn't back down and grabbed at them and ruffled her up when she wouldn't let go of them. He said to her " Woman, get out of my shop... You are worth nothing" and then he spat on his own floor.
She phoned me back and told me and I was furious, and running late for golf. I had the longest drives off the tee that day as When I eyed the ball, all I could see was a little round brown bald head.!
I phoned him several times and tried to abuse him but he had no spine and kept hanging up. I later heard that he had sold the shop to 2 girls who, after the contract was signed and all monies paid found he had taken fittings out and replaced them with old broken down garbage. His name stunk all over the coast as I rang all my friends in the trade and told them not to touch him or his "pals".
He drove a fancy car and lived on the canals and had gold dripping from his wrists and neck, and everyone knows how he became so wealthy and it wasn't from hard work.
If this is being racist, then that is ok, I am, and I make no apologies as no other person has treated my wife or myself this way.

Dave Drane

I get the point. As a Hispanic I can say that my asian customers are even stingier than ME and IIIII'M Stingy lol

I love your outlook on it. This is the type of stuff the Fijian I play golf with comes out with. When guys can take the mickey out of themselves it goes over well and they are the best!!