• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Would you sue?

anotherdog

Put yourself in his shoes. What would you do if you had a lawyers letter saying cease or be sued?

You can even step to the brink and send the lawsuit paperwork. take it to the edge and see who blinks.

He has no idea that you aren't going to follow through. All he can see is his lawyer bills to defend the action.

Most people will cease even if they belive they are right.

plus if you did originate this design he knows you would win.

Blow a couple of hundred dollars and get a lawyer to shake his tree.

MikePro

if you're really hell bent on stopping the mis-sales of your design.... I'd be sending amazon a letter, as they're taking a cut as well. Don't see any pirated CDs/DVDs/software on amazon nowadays, do ya?

but, if I were you, I'd give it up and find a better way to beat this guy at his own game... without getting sued yourself.

p.s. half of "your" $3 decals, are being sold as $20 t-shirts on amazon. you should be reconsidering your business model.

PRS Bryan

Wow!

I for one am honored to be on the same forum as the originator of so many iconic graphics.

I have seen about half of thoes plastered on t-shirts and bumpers from the east to the west coast.

A pleasure to meet you.

petepaz

You cant come up with your own? Just change the ******* font *******

so if he changes the font and still takes 50% of your business is it ok then? also like someone else said there are some of your other decals that aren't so original (seen them out in the tri-state area but they did have different fonts)

Craig Sjoquist

One answer or question I am looking for ....You sue you win fine .. next sticker ..they do the same .. again you sue you win.

Sooner or later someone goes out of business & starts all over.

What I am looking for, you stated you are losing 50% from this low life copy cat

What is this can't do by themselves doing to take away sales of 50% that you are not doing well that they seem to be doing well besides being a copy cat ..fair question.

& by the way if they have to copy everything you do to make a living you should have nothing to worry about since you will come up with the better mouse trap 1st, 2nd, 3rd & each time and that is how you make a better living, your employees would rather work with you then them, your banker will be happy with you not them, sooner or later you totally win.

Another option instead of lawsuits ..just buy them out add a non-compete clause.

Bigcat_hunter

so if he changes the font and still takes 50% of your business is it ok then? also like someone else said there are some of your other decals that aren't so original (seen them out in the tri-state area but they did have different fonts)

The thing that bugs me is when someone takes my exact image that I have made and uses that. How hard is it to change the font, move some stuff around and make your own design? Anyway never mind. Thank you for the people that were not complete a-holes for your opinion. I think I got all the help here that I can get.

nikdoobs

I'd like to hear what a copyright lawyer would say about the Zombies Eat Flesh Design

Does subway have the right to sue all these people who changed their logo, or is it altered enough so that it is no longer copyrighted material?

https://www.google.com/search?q=zom...lJMjMqQGV74GQDA&ved=0CDAQsAQ&biw=1350&bih=622

If it is altered enough, does the first person who altered the subway logo own rights to the Zombie's Eat Flesh Design/Concept? If so, there are about 50 different Zombies Eat Flesh Designs out there.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Most designs on your website seem to fit your statement of text with a simple image, I would think you may be out of luck. Perhaps it's time to look at product diversification. BTW will the lawyer take it on a contingency basis?
I also am not seeing an original design that you don't see every flea market vendor selling also. Can you direct me to the specific decal in question? Wait, are we talking about the "terrorist hunting permit" that was modified into a "zombie hunting permit"?