• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Wraptor, you need to Wregister!!!!

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I think if you could find a way to use it to plant beans or harvest corn Mosh would take at least 2.

wayne k
guam usa

ProWraps

how that thing would save me even a minute of time, i cant seem to figure out or agree.

but, if it works for some, then great. to me it represents a tool that may make it easier for those that need some help. for those of us that all we do is wrap cars day in and day out, it would be a $7,000 beer holder.

props for getting a product to market and for handling people like kev2972398734 so well.

Dave Drane

:goodpost:

I don't do wraps, but found the video and pics to be quite interesting. I attended the 3M "Wrap Race" wrap course last week and learned a great deal about doing wraps from their guy with 30 years experience (Brandon Blancher). This was my first time with actual hands on experience, and I gotta admit, it wasn't easy... but like anything it takes practice and a lot of squeegee time!

I'm sure Wraptor's device would make it a little easier to learn (obviously at a high price), but I could see this being used in an educational capacity for those just learning to wrap. I can see it making some of the steps a little easier and less intimidating, and as the "student" advances, they can then make the move to a non-assisted attempt!

Side note...
I found that the ladies that were in the class were much more attentive to details in the areas where they mattered (door handles, grills, gas cap, bumpers, etc...). It was interesting to see! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
I didn't realise that wraps have been around for so long.:omg:

CheapVehicleWrap

how that thing would save me even a minute of time, i cant seem to figure out or agree.

but, if it works for some, then great. to me it represents a tool that may make it easier for those that need some help. for those of us that all we do is wrap cars day in and day out, it would be a $7,000 beer holder.

props for getting a product to market and for handling people like kev2972398734 so well.

Make that 3 for Mosh.

artbot

you guys are being jerks. business and invention and genius and progress is what got us all here. so you go on and wrap the cars with vinyl, and use the printers and inks and software. but respect how it all got here. by the guys like wraptor that are providing the tools. whether you like the tool or not. guys like wraptor make your living possible.

Flame

sure you do. because you invented your.... arms?

Ever hear about the guy who sold mousetraps? Used to always be such a mouse problem in peoples homes... so this guy sold a GUARANTEED kill mousetrap. 100% guaranteed kill and had testimonials, and only $9.95.

People bought them. A lot of people bought them. He made a small fortune within weeks, then disappeared.

When you open the fancy packaging, inside were two rocks and a set of instructions.

1. Place mouse on rock A

2. Smash rock A upon rock B.

3. Mouse is now dead.

Point being, just because you come up with a gimmick doesn't mean you are helping anyone but your wallet. :rock-n-roll:

in my other life i work with inventors..helping them take a realistic look to see if there is a market for their product, prototyping, if it is better to market their product themselves or to try to sell it outright. we also share our experiences with product liability, packaging ideas that help them sell, patenting, blah blah blah.

the sign manufacturing industry is a pretty small industry when you get down to it. when you look at products that are designed for a specialized industry like ours that has no other use really outside of our trade you have to factor that into the price. look at Dale who developed a product that people rant and rave about all of the time/money his product saves them and the poor guy has lost money and is in debt because of the product...the specialized nature of the products has to factor into the price or people will have no motivation to develop additional products for our industry..simple as that.

it should be a pretty simple equation for anyone considering a specialized tool for business. it either will make you money or it will not. if it will not make you money or save you time it isn't worth whatever the price no matter how little they are asking..if it will save you time and make you money there is nothing to think about.

now just to be clear i am not saying one way or another that this product will or will not save you time or make you money. that is for you to decide. just thoughts on why specialized tools may cost more than tools that you can buy at the home depot that have a broad market.

The Wraptor

Mouse trap

Gimmick??
Here come the opinions again... cute story but very far from pertinent in this case. You could be a certified 2 wraps-a-day installer or a wish-I-were-wrapping wannabe; don't know. One fact is clear, you know very little about The Wraptor and have never ever used one. Those that have, get it; they love it; they are happy examples of labor and time and money saved. There will always always be doubters and slammers no matter how many Wraptors get sold. Once your competition utilizes our tool and gains business that could have been yours, you might give it some thought.

Paul.

CES020

In Paul's defense, if it didn't work, you'd think there would be at least ONE thread on this forum saying "I was robbed, I bought this thing and it's horrible, I could wrap faster without it", however, there isn't one. Not one unhappy customer screaming on every forum they can find? That should speak volumes.

Not too many products in our industry that don't get bad mouthed by actual users at some point or another.

Flame

In Paul's defense, if it didn't work, you'd think there would be at least ONE thread on this forum saying "I was robbed, I bought this thing and it's horrible, I could wrap faster without it", however, there isn't one. Not one unhappy customer screaming on every forum they can find? That should speak volumes.

Not too many products in our industry that don't get bad mouthed by actual users at some point or another.

OR... not many have been sold

Last edited:
yeah that's the same problem i have with that scenario (of no complaints) i can not imagine that they have sold THOUSANDS of units, as i said the sign manufacturing market is a pretty small segment..the wrap industry is smaller still and at the price point of this tool i can't imagine that there are a tremendous amount of owners..not to mention that during development and introduction of a new product it is not uncommon to give away units or severely discount them so that you can get feedback to make changes, get opinions other than your own, get photographs, and EVEN...are you ready for it.... testimonials from 'HAPPY Users'.

i can see the value in this tool for the one man shop who has no desire to bring in a helping hand. but as someone who has been installing wraps since long before the term 'wrap' was coined that is the only value i see in it because obviously all it is doing is taken the place of a helper holding the material. so again i can see the value if you work alone but myself i will never install without a helper at this point in my career...who else would load, unload my tools, run to get me coffee and cokes, clean up and oh yeah hold the film...

CES020

OR... no one's bought one. :peace!:

He already mentioned a number of shops that are using it. Maybe you missed those threads? We get it, you think it's stupid and a waste of time, despite never having used it or seen it. Got it.

Flame

He already mentioned a number of shops that are using it. Maybe you missed those threads? We get it, you think it's stupid and a waste of time, despite never having used it or seen it. Got it.

I corrected my statement. Basically read what Dan said above and it reflects my sentiments.

and I don't have to ride in a smart car to know I don't want one. :) Same principle here.