• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You thought you got ripped off?

Pat Whatley

He has a pic of a Taxi in front of a place called Sign Doctor.. Does any one think that name is another business location but the same company?

.signdoctororlando.com

Which features a wrap for WrapJax which shows up in Tacoma, WA and for VG Wraps in Oostburg, WI. Guy really gets araound.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Isn't that the same guy, that was doing the 'Virtual Designer' crap, last week? Said he was a merchant member.

It is not, but the designer who designed the bogus site is an "elance" designer from India I believe...

visual800

Do we have permission to inundate?

What would this solve? I wouldnt make this my personal issue.

Is there a way to make items on a webpage not to be saved or copied? I know there have been some occasions where you can right click and save target as and this is not allowable. I wonder how they do that

Locals Find!

What would this solve? I wouldnt make this my personal issue.

Is there a way to make items on a webpage not to be saved or copied? I know there have been some occasions where you can right click and save target as and this is not allowable. I wonder how they do that

One of the most popular ways is to use a java script. The downside to that method is many people like myself have disabled java in our browsers so it becomes moot. It's really like having a sign that says don't touch. It only keeps the semi-honest people from not touching.

visual800

Yep since I asked this question I did go on google and see whats available and came up with nothing. If something is wanted it can be taken. Too many apps and other "snipping" software out there to detour. I have to wonder how much money OP is wasting on attorney fees

petesign

On the guys facebook page he says the Sign Doctor does his installs for him. Looks like he paid someone to make a nice website for him, and they ripped you (and Dan) off.
I agree though. it doesn't exactly absolve the ultimate wraps guy of wrongdoing though... I might be able to forgive the website layout (do you expect him to look at every vehicle wrap or sign website out there and make sure what hes paid someone to produce isn't a knock off?) - but you cant forgive him for using your work as his portfolio. I'd go after him with guns blazing.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
That's an uphill battle. Some can fight it, some can't.

We have had our catalog copied several times. We once saw our catalog copied almost exactly with every single one of our prices reduced by 5 cents.

On the flip side, there's no patent/copyright laws that protect food recipes or clothing designs, and somehow those industries scrape by...

Craig Sjoquist

OUCH .. Hate to say it but thinks I know these people if related to Sign Doctor which has done printing & cutting & some good helping out when they were located a block from me.

There skill sets are blah (SignDoctor) which has moved many times.

Not sure if part owner or just a salesman for both & others but one of them has had his hand in several shops here in town, the Ultimate Wraps name is a new one sorta they been doing the wrap installs for Sign Doctor for awhile.

I did see some of the same pictures on both sites.

Do hope ya get this resolved but in real keep a eye on these people cause if they once/twice be alot more ahead, for some reason trust in the guy I know as a salesman/possible owner is way low, now I know why.

Thank you for the alert

ProWraps

i called the guy and let him know he was in violation. which of course he already knew.

fabio is his name. he is a typical scumbag. he has a long rich history of this behavior from what i understand.

i dont even bother going after him or scum bags like them.

we just c&d the host. they take it down. they dont want to be liable and its a clear violation so they dont even argue.

my attorney will be on this on as soon as he gets to it in his workload.

it sucks. and its expensive. especially when you have to keep doing it.