• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

You trippin?

equippaint

Marijuana is pretty much decriminalized here in Australia, but still not legal for sale for recreational use.
Pity, I reckon that's a good new business concept, that will be probably with us forever more.
Nothing much wrong with a bit of weed, I reckon. May as well make it available for people to buy and enjoy.

Medicinal MJ is becoming more accepted here and elsewhere now.
Governments finally coming to their senses and letting it through.

As for mushrooms though, that's some heavy shtuff.
Basically poison that makes you hallucinate and freak out.
I suppose it's good to decriminalize it though.
Anyone desperate enough, or curious enough, to try them, shouldn't be arrested for it.
Dont they class the bufo toad juice down your way as a narcotic? Never tried it but would assume its similar to shrooms?

WildWestDesigns

You know, I see the demon that most people use to make the argument to legalize Mary Jane is alcohol. Even alcohol has it's medical benefits, within moderation.

Damn near anything can be poison to us. Even good quality water in certain circumstances can be toxic to us (not enough electrolytes in the system and gator aide isn't the best thing to replenish those by the way; note this isn't common, only mentioned to illustrate the point of anything can be toxic to us).

It's the abuse that gets us, some things take an exceptional amount of abuse for it to be an issue, some not so much.

Now, the one concern that I would have for those that indulge, is what happens with quality once the bigger guns get involved and more additives put in etc? Could be even cheaper (pre-tax amount) as well.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't think a buzz is considered abuse to one's own body, but it can kill another if in the hands or mouth of the wrong individual. I know people who can smoke all day and they hardly seem off, but they're responsible and won't drive like that. The same way with alcohol. Some people have a higher tolerance for anything, but they still have a buzz on. It's the people who say or won't drive with family members, but if on their own (by themselves), they don't mind taking a chance with YOUR family members.

equippaint

It's poison.

If someone can't handle the drugs they put into their own systems, that's on them, don't restrict others rights because of your own stupidity or lack of responsibility.
When people cant handle themselves it effects others aka infringes on their rights. Its not isolated. If it didnt, then there wouldnt be so many laws limiting drug use and impairment

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My stepson lived out there in the 80's. It was pretty much like it is right now. Just no getting in trouble. So, it was done more secretive.

WildWestDesigns

I don't think a buzz is considered abuse to one's own body, but it can kill another if in the hands or mouth of the wrong individual. I know people who can smoke all day and they hardly seem off, but they're responsible and won't drive like that. The same way with alcohol. Some people have a higher tolerance for anything, but they still have a buzz on. It's the people who say or won't drive with family members, but if on their own (by themselves), they don't mind taking a chance with YOUR family members.

That's actually not quite accurate. Just because they don't seem off, or they don't feel a certain level of "buzz" doesn't mean that they aren't abusing their body. Tolerance from outward physical effects do not in of itself mean that there isn't abuse going on in their body. It's usually a pretty good indicator, but it's only one indicator.

C

ColoPrinthead

Those of you who are "OK" with all the drug laws passing.... Try owning a business in Colorado, hiring people, and growing your business with the current work force available. Then reevaluate
If they are too dumb to not know how to pass a drug test you probably don't want them working for you.

WildWestDesigns

Those of you who are "OK" with all the drug laws passing.... Try owning a business in Colorado, hiring people, and growing your business with the current work force available. Then reevaluate

I imagine that it's the same issues that people that live in one certain town over here (the problem is pretty bad in one particular town). Biggest difference is that it isn't pseudo legal here (I say pseudo legal, because it's still illegal at the federal level, which used to be the minimum standard, but I guess that's no longer the case), but the issue is still the same.

FactorDesign

I was thinking about that actually. Before, not being able to pass a drug test was enough to *weed* out a lot of terrible potential candidates, and saved you the time from having to read over applications written in crayon and covered in mysterious stains.

Now with a lot of applications being done online through hiring boards, where spellcheck does half of the work and the threat of a drug screening doesn't scare them away, you probably get a lot of applicants looking to work just long enough to make it to the next bonnaroo or burning man.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's actually not quite accurate. Just because they don't seem off, or they don't feel a certain level of "buzz" doesn't mean that they aren't abusing their body. Tolerance from outward physical effects do not in of itself mean that there isn't abuse going on in their body. It's usually a pretty good indicator, but it's only one indicator.

Says, you.

Most people who are social drinkers or take a toke here or there are more likely capable of fitting in without being noticed, but as I said, they can kill in that state of mind.

WildWestDesigns

Says, you.

Most people who are social drinkers or take a toke here or there are more likely capable of fitting in without being noticed, but as I said, they can kill in that state of mind.

Your still making your liver work more then normal. Your still leaching minerals that your body needs more then you otherwise would. Causing your body more work in this manner would be abuse.

Regardless if you outwardly look fine, doesn't mean that your body isn't working more.

Outward physical appearance isn't the best indicator alone, that's all I am saying.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
You know, I see the demon that most people use to make the argument to legalize Mary Jane is alcohol. Even alcohol has it's medical benefits, within moderation.

Damn near anything can be poison to us. Even good quality water in certain circumstances can be toxic to us (not enough electrolytes in the system and gator aide isn't the best thing to replenish those by the way; note this isn't common, only mentioned to illustrate the point of anything can be toxic to us).

It's the abuse that gets us, some things take an exceptional amount of abuse for it to be an issue, some not so much.

Now, the one concern that I would have for those that indulge, is what happens with quality once the bigger guns get involved and more additives put in etc? Could be even cheaper (pre-tax amount) as well.
The difference between a medicine and a poison is dosage

Gino

Premium Subscriber
In that respect, a cold or stomach virus does the same thing. Some pesky disease can do it. Many things can take a toll on your system from antibiotics to an antihistamine. Eating the wrong foods can make your digestive tract go bonkers. Buzz high can kill, but not as likely as going head first into something. Everything from breathing to eating to recreational things are taxing on your body.

That's all I'm saying.

equippaint

Care to elaborate? I don't smoke it, but I don't care if someone else does. Safely of course.
I don't mind it either, in moderation, respectful of others, not driving around and not at work. My problem is that it's not respected, its abused, and way too many people live their lifes stoned all of the time and act like it does not effect what they do and how they work. To me, it's no different than a functional alcoholic that drinks a moderated amount all day. Just call it what it is and quit trying to normalize it into being some healthy medicinal cure all. You smoke it cuz you want to get stoned, period.

WildWestDesigns

I think Gino for the purposes of this thread, we could stick with the more willful, intentional abuse versus those abuses that come just from living.

But yes, those are all forms of abuse on the body.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Well, we could, but would that be fair ??

How many of the pot smokers are using it as a TRUE medicinal healing process ?? Now, how many are JUST saying they are using it for medicinal purposes, but aren't ??

See, there is no stipulation of what or how you administer this stuff, just that any of these things get into your body by your own hand..... or a doctor/care giver.

Therefore, the question/statement is still the same. You are ingesting these things, taking them into your bloodstream in one form or another. Buzzed, drunk as a skunk, highly high, medicated beyond recognition and all the other forms.... you're still impaired and might not make the correct decisions when concerning others welfare. Now, you are stepping on my toes and rights and freedom to live my way.

Things in which we disagree with each other do not play a part in this, as we are (or so we think) not under any influence(s), but this after work and party attitude of doing these things in public or taking it into the public out of your control are not cool. Discussing it is smart, but for the last 100 years or more, discussing has not done anything but legally bring it all into the public, whether we like it or not. Then y'all say, well we can tax it and make money on it. Yeah, right..... cut me a break. Buncha people who don't know how to act are taking charge of our well-being if on the sidewalks, an automobile or just standing in the park, minding your own business.​